The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: About one more week. *IT STARTED!!!*

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Showing results 81 to 94 of 94
    Quote Originally Posted by Danger DANJ
    Nice work Noel. Glad to see it running. I think it's time to set up a real time web feed here in NY and sych it out in Cali so you and Brian can race each other.
    x2...
    04 Maxima SL in Bronze with Black leather

just a quick update havent posted up on this topic in a while:

the car is running really good. just noticed a small oil leak i have to figure out no biggie.

im currently running at 15 psi. i have some shitty 87 octane gas im trying to kill before i turn up the boost. (it's been sitting in the car for over a year argh!) the tranny feels good, brakes are good, and the car idles perfect now no more stalling what so ever.

i went up to LA today to meet up with Al from Dynoflash and got a base flash on the ecu...the car runs much much smoother and more responsive now.

the car only has 30 miles on it cause 1) i have no tags yet. 2) i have no windows, interior, etc.

right now im waiting my turn get painted. im planning to have everything ready for the Extreme Autofest show in Las Vegas in July.

i'll try to get a video of the car on the actual street this week.
    From Boost Addicts to Carbon Fanaticsâ„¢ www.socalautowerks.com

Censee: Im trying to pimp some hoes for money for the lsd. 3/28/2011
    Cali: Sig 3/28/2011

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danger DANJ)</div><div class='quotemain'>Nice work Noel. Glad to see it running. I think it's time to set up a real time web feed here in NY and synch it out in Cali so you and Brian can race each other. </div>

i have no doubt that Brian will whoop my ass

but i'll work on it.

hell yeah now you can hit up the SD meet 8) and we get to see it in person cant wait hommie good work!!!
    R.I.P. My fellow Galant owner. May God be with you and your family.

TGC Regular
    thats some good news man.. Im happy as fuck thats all I know..
    what ype of body work are you we talkig here , kitted? vr4-like look? what we lookin to do next tho?
    Donovan J.

Need something from england..or other eastern nations holla...
    I dont mind looking.

Car: Toyota Soarer GT-T Jspec "Limited"
    Galant: at home chillaxen :(

so when your done doing all this to your car can I send you mine??

Back in the Family!!

TGC Regular
    heh
    Donovan J.

I dont mind looking.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    What turbo are you running again? Congrats on nearing the end of your project.
    7g for life!

Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    What turbo are you running again? Congrats on nearing the end of your project.
    thanks man it's been a loooong project.

im running the stock 16g of an 03 evo but with a 10.5 hot side.

TGC Regular
    whats dyno flash.
    Donovan J.

I dont mind looking.

You should get a stop and start engine button like the S2000s. I think a red buttion would set it off real nice with the CF dash. Overall, keep up the good work. I am so jealous right now, I really wish I lived in Cali so I can those freakin JDM parts.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Da_silvagride)</div><div class='quotemain'>You should get a stop and start engine button like the S2000s. I think a red buttion would set it off real nice with the CF dash. Â*Overall, keep up to good work. I am so jealous right now, I really wish I lived in Cali so I can those freakin JDM parts.

</div>

lol..i installed one of them last month
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Quote Originally Posted by Cali
    Update:

so about 2-3 weeks ago, i tried to start it...cranked, no ignition.
    checked all the sensors, coils, etc, for voltage..everything was fine, except the injectors werent getting power.

weird.

im here thinking what the hell it could be, double check the wiring, then Stewi tells me if i had a resistor pack for the injectors.

DOH.

so i go order one from the dealer...turns out they're back ordered for at least a month and a half. found one on ebay for a 2g DSM for 12 bucks. i didnt know if the EVO one was different so i ordered one from the guy who sold me the engine as well.

i get the DSM one today, pluged right in. (heh, no wonder` i had a plug that didnt go nowhere lol). i cranked it and IT STARTED!!

ran for a few seconds, seemed to idle somewhat rough, then i noticed a shit load of what im sure is oil on the ground. the mess was near the back of the fire wall near the custom power steering hose so for a second i thought it could power steering fluid.

it's late and im tired so tomorrow i'll find out where it's coming from...im somewhat preparing for some pretty bad news but hey, at least i got it to run on the stock ECU...immobilizer and all.

fuel resistor pack?? where is that? (learn something errrrday) lol

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SpicyGalant
    Quote Originally Posted by Cali
    Update:

so about 2-3 weeks ago, i tried to start it...cranked, no ignition.
    checked all the sensors, coils, etc, for voltage..everything was fine, except the injectors werent getting power.

weird.

im here thinking what the hell it could be, double check the wiring, then Stewi tells me if i had a resistor pack for the injectors.

DOH.

so i go order one from the dealer...turns out they're back ordered for at least a month and a half. found one on ebay for a 2g DSM for 12 bucks. i didnt know if the EVO one was different so i ordered one from the guy who sold me the engine as well.

i get the DSM one today, pluged right in. (heh, no wonder` i had a plug that didnt go nowhere lol). i cranked it and IT STARTED!!

ran for a few seconds, seemed to idle somewhat rough, then i noticed a shit load of what im sure is oil on the ground. the mess was near the back of the fire wall near the custom power steering hose so for a second i thought it could power steering fluid.

it's late and im tired so tomorrow i'll find out where it's coming from...im somewhat preparing for some pretty bad news but hey, at least i got it to run on the stock ECU...immobilizer and all.

stock 8g's dont have it. Our stock injectors are high impedance and DSM injectors are low impedance. The resistor pack is used when low impedance injectors are used. Without it, the injector gets too much power and just gets locked up. If you were to install low impedance injectors into an 8g, you would just splice the resistor pack into the stock injector wiring, however EVO's and DSM's have a plug and play connector

fuel resistor pack?? where is that? (learn something errrrday) lol
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345