The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: which manual transmission will fit 6a13TT engine

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

which manual transmission will fit 6a13TT engine

Finally my engine arrived after almost 6 months of waiting...

I bought halfcut 6a13TT engine comes with the auto transmission...I decided to use manual transmission...but can't decide which manual transmission to match with the engine...The mechanic told me that the manual transmission from 6a13 engine will fit but not sure about the durability...since the 6a13 engine produces about 160 hp and the 6a13TT prouduces 280 hp..that quite a difference...

any recomenndation which manual transmission to use?

Some people said the turbo fto manual transmission will do but not sure about the fitment?

Don't quote me on this but I think Mante was going to use a tranny out of an FTO GP or GPX for his swap.

edit: but yeah, that was for the FWD USDM G.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    are you trying to go AWD or FWD?

If your going AWD I think the EVO trans is the same as the AWD trans in the JDM 8G VR4
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Just to share my project with u guys, for now I just want to install everything but for long term I'm planing to do the single turbo conversion and aim about 450 hp for that engine.....

So I decided to go for manual transmission. But right now I don't know which manual transmission would do the job...if u guys can give me input which manual trans both AWD and FWD that can be match with the 6a13TT engine...

If I'm going for AWD, it will be nice, but I don't know about the installation, it seems going to be a lot of work putting the AWD transmission, welding and stuff....and not sure about the durability and such..

as for the FWD, it will be not as nice as the AWD but it will be less work...and at least I don't have to worry about the rear axle....

This is just a thought, please advice me if I'm wrong....I am planning my project carefully so there is no wasting money in the future for picking a wrong set of manual transmission....

thanks in advance........

You will need a FWD tranny from Mitsu FTO GP or GPX (Just about any year FTO tranny should work) with axles.
    Mike

hey indo, where did u buy that engine in indonesia & how much?? is it includes with the front axle, ecu, wiring harness, etc?
    -Every engine has it's soul, so treat them nice-