The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Eclipse seats fit 8g without any modification!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 40

Eclipse seats fit 8g without any modification!

I have read here that Eclipse seats may or may not fit in an 8g, but could not find anyone that had actually put them in and were sure they would directly bolt in. Well I can say for 100% sure that Eclipse seats are a direct bolt in. The seat is more comfortable than the Galant seat because of thicker foam and better bolstering but it still not perfect.

<span style='font-size:30pt;line-height:100%'>PICS?</span>

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

I remember seeing a member post pics a few years back of the Eclipse seats in his 8G. The only thing is they looked too "puffy". Thats the only way I can describe it. Glad to hear you got the seats installed. How was the price for the seats? Did you get them at a junk yard?
    "A mile of road takes you one mile...A mile of runway takes you anywhere."

This was a test so I just bought the driver seat from Elgin Super Auto. That way if i didn't like it it wouldn't cost much. The seat was $125. If I like it I will continue to work on this option. So far I can't tell because I haven't driven the car much yet.

Experienced TGC Member ZigenScarface's Avatar
    this would be.. 3rd gen eclipse?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ZigenScarface)</div><div class='quotemain'>this would be.. 3rd gen eclipse?</div>

Correct

Experienced TGC Member ZigenScarface's Avatar
    how about rear seats?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ZigenScarface)</div><div class='quotemain'>how about rear seats? </div>

If you remove your trunk lid the rear seats can be installed as rumble seats. That is not a bolt in though.

TGC Regular
    pICS!
    Donovan J.

Need something from england..or other eastern nations holla...
    I dont mind looking.

Car: Toyota Soarer GT-T Jspec "Limited"
    Galant: at home chillaxen :(

Experienced TGC Member
    Thats awesome dude, these seats look great:

TGC Regular
    nice..good idea and great find.
    Donovan J.

Need something from england..or other eastern nations holla...
    I dont mind looking.

Car: Toyota Soarer GT-T Jspec "Limited"
    Galant: at home chillaxen :(

keithert your close to Elgin? I live about 10 minutes from that junk yard in South Elgin. I was in last week for some parts. The guy who did the 3G front seats also did the rear seat. He said the only problem was he had to close the back door harder because the back seat was a little more puffy and would stop the back doors from closing. I think he installed cloth seats though. I would love to do the leather3G seats. I wonder if they made a tan leather interior for the 3G. Looks like I'll have to do a search. Please post some pics of how it looks.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(UAL Tripple 7)</div><div class='quotemain'>... He said the only problem was he had to close the back door harder because the back seat was a little more puffy and would stop the back doors from closing. I think he installed cloth seats though. I would love to do the leather3G seats. I wonder if they made a tan leather interior for the 3G. Looks like I'll have to do a search. Please post some pics of how it looks.</div>

are you sure it's not Maximus and his Diamante leather seats what you are referring to? I doubt the the 3G rear seat would cause that kind of problem

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewt...=diamante+seats

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(UAL Tripple 7)</div><div class='quotemain'>keithert your close to Elgin? I live about 10 minutes from that junk yard in South Elgin. I was in last week for some parts. The guy who did the 3G front seats also did the rear seat. He said the only problem was he had to close the back door harder because the back seat was a little more puffy and would stop the back doors from closing. I think he installed cloth seats though. I would love to do the leather3G seats. I wonder if they made a tan leather interior for the 3G. Looks like I'll have to do a search. Please post some pics of how it looks.</div>

They do have a car there with black/blue leather seats. I live in Elgin. I'll try to get a pic of the seat tonight or tomorrow.

spartus
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Niytrus)</div><div class='quotemain'>pics! </div>

I second that I wanna see!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gtx)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(UAL Tripple 7)</div><div class='quotemain'>... He said the only problem was he had to close the back door harder because the back seat was a little more puffy and would stop the back doors from closing. I think he installed cloth seats though. I would love to do the leather3G seats. I wonder if they made a tan leather interior for the 3G. Looks like I'll have to do a search. Please post some pics of how it looks.</div>

are you sure it's not Maximus and his Diamante leather seats what you are referring to? I doubt the the 3G rear seat would cause that kind of problem

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewt...=diamante+seats</div>

Yeah Im sure he got them from a 3G and not a Diamante. I still have pics of his seat on a cd someplace. I will try to find them and post them.

nah. he got them from a diamante

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    this guy still hasnt posted pics?? damn

Im not talking about Maximus or whoever. Im saying the guy who posted pics a few years back got them from a 3G. I never knew anybody did seats from any other car.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast