The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Eclipse seats fit 8g without any modification!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 40 of 40
    It's amazing what a search can do I found him:
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewt...t=eclipse+seats
    sadly, pics are not working anymore

Are leather eclipse seats powered also?

RollinBishiStyle
    Yes leather are powered. My girlfriend just got an eclipse but her seats are black leather, mine are tan leather so doesnt really do much for me

The long awaited pics:

I'm still deciding what to do to make it fit in better.

get some leather fronts from katzkin or something and recover them
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

TGC Regular
    looks good, but those seats just look pretty fugly to me. does anyone know if they make eclipse seats that out of the same grey cloth like the galant seats?

The only other eclipse seats I have seen have been black leather.

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    not a whole lotta difference i think.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(milo111000)</div><div class='quotemain'>not a whole lotta difference i think.</div>

The padding on the Eclipse seats are thicker and softer. Plus the seat bottoms have real bolsters, not just a slight dish to them. I am missing the side air bags with this seat. What I will probably do is have an upholsterer put the Eclipse base on the Galant seat and cover it in grey. At first I thought the Galant's velour would be a more comfortable material, but the cover on the Eclipse seat is pretty comfortable too.

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    now if ur talking side airbags then that's worth the swap.

would this mean that racing seat rails for a 00+ eclipse would fit our car?
    Accident. Deemed Unfixable. Got a check for it.

Probably, but you better check. I think Corbeau has separate rails for Galant and Eclipse, but I could be mistaken.

I went to the dealer today to program my spare keys and had a good look at the 9G Galant and 4G Eclipse. Damn, those 4G leather seats look hot. I want them! (And the wheels, too!)

silversound
    so...how hard was it to install the new seat?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(silversound)</div><div class='quotemain'>so...how hard was it to install the new seat?</div>

It was very easy to install. Just unbolt the 4 bolts that hold down the old one and put the new one in. Today I had my other car at the Mitsu dealer for an oil change and I asked about disableing the airbag warning light. He replied that when the SRS light in on NONE of the airbags are functional. So I will be putting the stock seats back in and working on a way to put the Eclipse seat base foam and cover on the Galant seat. That is unless I trade or sell the G first.

TGC Regular
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rhema83)</div><div class='quotemain'>Probably, but you better check. I think Corbeau has separate rails for Galant and Eclipse, but I could be mistaken.

I went to the dealer today to program my spare keys and had a good look at the 9G Galant and 4G Eclipse. Damn, those 4G leather seats look hot. I want them! (And the wheels, too!)</div>

its the same rails. they just have it listed under 2 cars.
    Your signature is too long.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(keithert)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    It was very easy to install. Â*Just unbolt the 4 bolts that hold down the old one and put the new one in. Â*Today I had my other car at the Mitsu dealer for an oil change and I asked about disableing the airbag warning light. Â*He replied that when the SRS light in on NONE of the airbags are functional. Â*So I will be putting the stock seats back in and working on a way to put the Eclipse seat base foam and cover on the Galant seat. Â*That is unless I trade or sell the G first.</div>
    My ES does not have side airbags, so in your opinion am I gonna have a simple unbolt-and-bolt job?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rhema83)</div><div class='quotemain'>My ES does not have side airbags, so in your opinion am I gonna have a simple unbolt-and-bolt job?</div>

I think that is correct, it is a simple unbolt-and-bolt job. I only did the driver seat, so the passenger seat may be different, but I doubt it would be. Also make sure you get a manual seat from an Eclipse, otherwise you will have to make a way to get power to the seatt.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sillyasianz)</div><div class='quotemain'>would this mean that racing seat rails for a 00+ eclipse would fit our car?</div>

Thats a good question. If I would of known eclipse seats fit for sure I wouldnt have went out and got custom brackets made.. I would of tried eclipse brackets instead for my seats bah!
    shogun8g: I feel gay

so this if for sure that a 3g brackets will work for our galants?

TGC Regular
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hsinya)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rhema83)</div><div class='quotemain'>Probably, but you better check. I think Corbeau has separate rails for Galant and Eclipse, but I could be mistaken.

I went to the dealer today to program my spare keys and had a good look at the 9G Galant and 4G Eclipse. Damn, those 4G leather seats look hot. I want them! (And the wheels, too!)</div>

its the same rails. they just have it listed under 2 cars.</div>

Your signature is too long.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12