The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Horn Output

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

Horn Output

Does anybody know how to make our horn work w/o turning the ignition ON? I'm sure there's a way to bypass this feature as I'm trying to connect my horn to my alarm..

i had to rewire my horn because i couldnt get any power...so i just ran a "tap" wire from the horn wire (the one that goes to the relay) to another wire that goes to a relay that is always live...if u dont understand what im saying, IM me at Lmoranx16 and ill try explain it better.

looks something like this:

switch @ wheel wherever it goes
    | |
    horn wire---middle"tap"wire----live wire
    | |
    relay relay

my horn works when the car is off.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Re: Horn Output

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(icEbErg629)</div><div class='quotemain'>Does anybody know how to make our horn work w/o turning the ignition ON? Â*I'm sure there's a way to bypass this feature as I'm trying to connect my horn to my alarm..</div>

Damn your horn does not work when the cars off?? I have an 8G and the horn works weather the car is on or off with the keys out of the ignition. I wonder what the reason is for having the horn not work when the car is off.
    "A mile of road takes you one mile...A mile of runway takes you anywhere."

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>my horn works when the car is off.</div>
    was it like that stock? or did you run your horn from the battery?

Damn Mitsubishi's..

it was like that stock. but i recently rewired it to the battery so its a tad bit louder.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>it was like that stock. but i recently rewired it to the battery so its a tad bit louder.</div>

I guess it only works when your car came with the factory alarm w/2 horns. I think I just need to wire up a relay/flasher directly to the horn/siren, and not under the steering column.

i never had a factory alarm.

but yea, mine is hooked up to my aftermarket alarm and its hooked up pretty much to the horn but don't forget the diode or you're in for a lil surprise when u honk the horn.

my horn works while car is off.

Re: Horn Output

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(icEbErg629)</div><div class='quotemain'>Does anybody know how to make our horn work w/o turning the ignition ON? Â*I'm sure there's a way to bypass this feature as I'm trying to connect my horn to my alarm..</div>
    sounds like a 7g to me.. lol
    1997 Mitsubishi Galant 4G64 *R*I*P*

soon to come, 97 Copper GST 5spd, Bone Stock, for now...

The 00-03 8g will honk without the ignition on. The 99 is the only one that wont.
    MECP First Class Certi-fried installer.

For the right price, nothing is impossible.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cntrylvr79)</div><div class='quotemain'>The 00-03 8g will honk without the ignition on. Â*The 99 is the only one that wont.</div>

That'll explain it. I got my 8g in '98.

Yeah figures me an my idiot self miswired the relays too. You get around to taking off the tape yet?
    MECP First Class Certi-fried installer.

For the right price, nothing is impossible.

You'd have to rewire it to a constant power.. thats the only way.. Correct me if I'm wrong

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    ey ice do you have custom steering wheel? i had to rewire everything cause i change mine. but works fine even when off.