The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 190 or 225lph fuel pump tutorial??

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

190 or 225lph fuel pump tutorial??

Does anyone have this tutorial downloaded or can tell me how to do this install?Lmk!

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    clarification before i buy. SBR has walbro's for 1g fwd, 1g awd, and 2g fwd/awd. i need the 2g awd correct? SBR also has 255lph, and 255lph (high pressure)

I'm doing the 4g63t swap, what difference would it make for me from the 255lhp, and 255lhp (high pressure).

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Blue Ice)</div><div class='quotemain'>clarification before i buy. Â*SBR has walbro's for 1g fwd, 1g awd, and 2g fwd/awd. Â*i need the 2g awd correct? Â*SBR also has 255lph, and 255lph (high pressure) Â*

I'm doing the 4g63t swap, what difference would it make for me from the 255lhp, and 255lhp (high pressure).</div>

This should clear things up for you http://www.vfaq.com/mods/Walbro-specs.html
    ASE Certified Master Automotive Tech
    2000 Galant ES = Daily Driver
    1996 Galant Turbo + 5 speed & lsd = fun ****SOLD****
    1992 Galant VR-4 #372/1000 Kensington Grey ***SOLD***

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    from looking at the chart, i doubt i'll need that much pressure ALL THE TIME. The two 255 pumps look to balance out about the time i would need better fuel flow. Until i know a lot more about fuel mapping and understanding what i need,i guess i'll just go with the regular 255.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    I am pretty sure I have the regular 255 which is overkill for my current setup and small 14b. But I plan on upgrading to an 18g or 50 trim in a few months so it just get put to work then.

If you do end up getting the 255 instead of the 190, be sure to get a true 1:1 AFRP! IMO the Aeromotive AFPR is the best and does a great job at it, can mount a FP gauge to the front of it as well which is nice. If you dont get the FPR, the 255 will definitely overrun the rail and if your not running huge injectors, it will screw up your a/f ratio.
    7g for life!

Experienced TGC Member
    Just get a walboro 190 and rewire it. It will flow enough for a 50 trim and not overrun you stock afpr. I ran that in my tsi and it was enough.
    ASE Certified Master Automotive Tech
    2000 Galant ES = Daily Driver
    1996 Galant Turbo + 5 speed & lsd = fun ****SOLD****
    1992 Galant VR-4 #372/1000 Kensington Grey ***SOLD***

get your pump off ebay w/ a install kit. make sure you get one for 95-99 fwd.
    thats all there is to it.
    only spend 80 bucks and done.
    definatly rewire it.

there are other advantages to getting a aeromotive fuel pressure regulator. Such as the greater amount of flow at the rail will decrease cylinder imbalance, amking yoru tune more accurate and reducing the end rail lean condition.(#1 cylinder is last in line and can get starved for fuel when the others are rich.)

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

M&amp;T Designs
    Oh crap. I got the walbro 255 for my turbo setup. Is there anything under 100$ I can do? Like undervolt the pump? Or should I just bite the bullet and get a FPR?

EDIT: Snagged a Ralliart FPR for 60$. Looks like I'm in the clear.