The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: electric cut out?

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
    Experienced TGC Member

electric cut out?

anyone ever put this electric cut out on there galant.
    .. this videos looks good! cheak out that Dodge SRT-4 video :shock:

http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/Media/

So I am reviving this to prove I searched.

Has anyone ever done this I was thinking about getting a nice 4-th1 2.25 outlet then having a 2.25 cut out that leads straight to the stock exhaust precat and all.

Stock look and pretty much stock sound til I open her up I hear that they are legal to have on just not to use on streets. Then I can open it up when I need to but still cruise and not be bothered by the 5-0.

I am considering this only cause I am looking to possibly do a 2.6 stroker NA while accumulating parts bit by bit

Still undecided.
    Last edited by 03-Galant-ES; 04-03-2009 at 02:29 AM

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    This mod will only benefit turbo cars. In a N/A car, the diameter of your exhaust piping and the amount of backpressure created greatly effects power. The thing is, less back pressure (dumping the exhaust via a cutout) doesnt typically increase power, it usually decreases power. Your car will sound cool and get everyones attention but thats about it. This is why alot of turbo cars remove their car/testpipe at the track and run open downpipe. The less backpressure in a turbo car the better. Take a look at AMS or DogBoxracing's EVO's the exhaust comes off the turbo and goes out right thru the side of the front bumper, the total exhaust is about 2 feet long.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Roman has one.. My friend has one on his passat as well.. Sounds really mean

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi View Post
    This mod will only benefit turbo cars. In a N/A car, the diameter of your exhaust piping and the amount of backpressure created greatly effects power. The thing is, less back pressure (dumping the exhaust via a cutout) doesnt typically increase power, it usually decreases power. Your car will sound cool and get everyones attention but thats about it. This is why alot of turbo cars remove their car/testpipe at the track and run open downpipe. The less backpressure in a turbo car the better. Take a look at AMS or DogBoxracing's EVO's the exhaust comes off the turbo and goes out right thru the side of the front bumper, the total exhaust is about 2 feet long.
    Yeah I was thinking about that as I was going to sleep last night. I was thinking to myself wait doesnt N/A need more back pressure to maximize the exhaust flow and increase power so I'd need a full pipe. So then my head started coming up with the thought of possibly making a straight 2.25 pipe to the end and having it end on the right side of the bumper so it looks like a dual exhaust but only one is active at a time.

Thanks for confirming my suspicions that it would hurt more then help on an N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffylou87 View Post
    Roman has one.. My friend has one on his passat as well.. Sounds really mean
    Roman has one? I didnt know that I thought he just had a 3'' exhaust and a 5'' tip. He didnt show it off at the last meet :-(

Quote Originally Posted by 03-Galant-ES View Post

Roman has one? I didnt know that I thought he just had a 3'' exhaust and a 5'' tip. He didnt show it off at the last meet :-(
    if memory serves, he even has it hooked up to his in car PC... very slick setup.

:'( I didnt get to see it Roman next meet Im gonna bother you here is your warning

yup i remember roman posting the vid

I had it, but I had the dam thing so low to the ground that when the car was being backed up into a paintbooth it ripped the whole exhaust out and got destroyed. Anywayyy, waste of money to tell you the truth. I didn't see any performance gains. but with a 3" turbo back exhaust i shouldn't expect any anyway. Here is the vid http://www.vertsoft.com/ec_test.wmv just mute the sound(something got screwed up in the conversion)
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

ive never heard of these before looks cool, Roman whats the price range on these things?

~Gabe

When I feel like eating a banana, I like to go to the zoo, sucker punch a gorilla and try to run with a banana hanging out my bum. Then if I succeed, I enjoy my victory with said banana and a stroopwaffle.

Hmm I am unsure what to do about upgrading the stock exhaust now... I wanted to keep stock and have the cut off for when I needed it. I wonder how low I can make a good 2.25 exhaust so I am not bothered.
    Last edited by 03-Galant-ES; 04-06-2009 at 04:48 AM