The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Brake & Battery Light Flashing

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Brake & Battery Light Flashing

i had a newer engine placed in my car, and a month later, one day i turned on the car everything started fine, but the brake light and the battery light flickers very fast and in a very low dim, and when i turn up my cd player volume up the brake light and battery light stays on solid it doesnt flicker and its very bright, but when i turn my radio back down the battery light and brake light goes back to flickering and back to a low dim. Thats on some days it doesn't do this all the time only sometimes probably like 3 times in the past to months this has happened. Please help

Re: Brake & Battery Light Flashing

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stay Alert)</div><div class='quotemain'>i had a newer engine placed in my car, and a month later, one day i turned on the car everything started fine, but the brake light and the battery light flickers very fast and in a very low dim, and when i turn up my cd player volume up the brake light and battery light stays on solid it doesnt flicker and Â*its very bright, but when i turn my radio back down the battery light and brake light goes back to flickering and back to a low dim. Â*Thats on some days it doesn't do this all the time only sometimes probably like 3 times in the past to months this has happened. Please help</div>

you could have some bad grounds. or perhaps some ground straps that weren't bolted back on when the new motor was installed.

you might also check your brake master cylinder to confirm that it has plenty of fluid in it.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

your alternator could be going out tooo
    [email protected] <- '01 ES V6 (detuned for daily commutes)

Black '94 Audi S4 soon RS2'd running 28 psi
    Chipset [X]|Injectors[X]|Turbo[X]|RS2 Manifold[X]|Bosch 3-BAR MAP[X]