The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Few Questions..

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    Experienced TGC Member

Few Questions..

1. Would it be better to get a manual tranny from a galant for the 5 speed swap or would it be better to get the tranny from an eclipse...

2. Is there any TB that will direct fit the manifold but is bigger like from an eclipse?

3. How many HP gain would i get if i ported the head, CAI, hand built headers, gut the cat, and get a bigger TB?

4. Whats the best and most cheapest suspension upgrade?

5. Would it hurt to put a 185, 70, R14 tire on the back that way i can rotate my tires because the front has 185, 70, R14 and the back has 185,60,R14 the front tires are new and the back ones are kinda getting bald....

6. Would a bald spot on the back left tire cause the whole car to shake at about 70+ but not below that?

Sorry for all the ?'s because i know i get a little aggrevating side with them..

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Ya, you can go here> www.searchtopicsfornewbs.com j/k

Nah but seriously, no one will answer till you hit up the search dude.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Experienced TGC Member
    I knew i was gonna get negative feedback on this one.. HAHAHA by the way... i know im lazy and stupid.. so someone gotta help a brotha out man...

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    No negative feedback but most of the questions you have asked are all stickies within the forum.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Re: Few Questions..

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shadow19)</div><div class='quotemain'>1. Would it be better to get a manual tranny from a galant for the 5 speed swap or would it be better to get the tranny from an eclipse...

2. Is there any TB that will direct fit the manifold but is bigger like from an eclipse?

3. How many HP gain would i get if i ported the head, CAI, hand built headers, gut the cat, and get a bigger TB?

4. Whats the best and most cheapest suspension upgrade?

5. Would it hurt to put a 185, 70, R14 tire on the back that way i can rotate my tires because the front has 185, 70, R14 and the back has 185,60,R14 the front tires are new and the back ones are kinda getting bald....

6. Would a bald spot on the back left tire cause the whole car to shake at about 70+ but not below that?

Sorry for all the ?'s because i know i get a little aggrevating side with them..</div>

I can't answer all of your questions, but some of them I can...

1- Personally, to be safe, I'd go with one directly from a Galant, but I'm sure some brave soul out there has used an Eclipse setup. I'm sure it would work, as many have said, a Galant is nothing more than an Eclipse with different sheet metal, and vise-versa. Nearly everything is portable between the two cars.

6- Yes. The reason being probably because when you go under 70, the tire doesn't stretch out as much. Think of it like when you throw one of those heavy foam/rubber soft balls, and they spin really fast, they turn into sort of an egg shape. Your tire does the same thing, and when this happens, it makes the bald spot more significant which in turn becomes just enough to make the car start shaking. The tire has to be spinning fast in order for this to happen, which is probably why it only happens at 70+.

I hope I knid of helped. Maybe some of the gear heads around here could help you with your more technical questions.

BMW owner. Galant fanatic.

the throttle body from a 91-94 eclipse trbo will bolt onto your manifold. its 60mm vs your 52mm.
    however you will have to gasket match the manifold inlet to the larger throttle body.
    simple enough.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo