The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: TCUgo -Turn your Auto into a Manumatic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 31
    You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar

TCUgo -Turn your Auto into a Manumatic

www.TCUgo.com

I know its been tested tried and true on 1g/2g Eclipses. Basically, it allows you two have two buttons(usually on the steering wheel), one for upshifting one for downshifting. So basically you can shift with the touch of a button. They dont make a kit for the 7g but I am going to cross reference the 7g and 2g TCU and see what the differences are. Would be a sweet mod for those automatics who want to stay automatic. I would suggest doing some small upgrades to the trans though so the trans can take the beating of instant shifts.

Very cool feature, should work with any Mitsu trans, just need to figure out how similar the 7g/2g TCU is. I will keep you all posted.
    7g for life!

wow that sounds cool..
    1997 Mitsubishi Galant 4G64 *R*I*P*

soon to come, 97 Copper GST 5spd, Bone Stock, for now...

galant_got_speed

Re: TCUgo -Turn your Auto into a Manumatic

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>www.TCUgo.com

I know its been tested tried and true on 1g/2g Eclipses. Â*Basically, it allows you two have two buttons(usually on the steering wheel), one for upshifting one for downshifting. Â*So basically you can shift with the touch of a button. Â*They dont make a kit for the 7g but I am going to cross reference the 7g and 2g TCU and see what the differences are. Â*Would be a sweet mod for those automatics who want to stay automatic. Â*I would suggest doing some small upgrades to the trans though so the trans can take the beating of instant shifts.

Very cool feature, should work with any Mitsu trans, just need to figure out how similar the 7g/2g TCU is. Â*I will keep you all posted.</div>

wow that is pretty cool...will that work with the 8g? if so thats what ill do, cuz i dont no how to drive stick and dont feel like driving it around my town...especially in the winter...

I've already sent him the links for the 8G and 7G FSM manuals. He will let me know soon if they will work for our cars

galant_got_speed
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DryBear)</div><div class='quotemain'>I've already sent him the links for the 8G and 7G FSM manuals. He will let me know soon if they will work for our cars Â*:D</div>

haha nice, i hope it does..i will do that in a second...but a question..how do you install something like that?!? lol

Staten Island, New York. & Piscataway, NJ
    sweet! keep us 8g'ers updated

Supposed to be plug and play for the DSMs. Just unplug the TCU harness, plug it into the TCUgo harness, then plug the TCUgo harness into the TCU. Next just install the wireless switches on the steering wheel or wherever youd choose. They say a Ferrari style paddle type system is coming out this month, that would own!
    7g for life!

What would be the difference between this, and just running through the gears by going 2,3,D. Every person I have talked to has said that is bad or very bad for autos. It may be more bad then good.

Ever been road racing? Need to downshift into a corner? This would be more of use on a road track. But to take full advantage of this system you would need to do some upgrades on the trans to take the higher pressure shifts for instant shifts. It still takes a stock automatic a few seconds to shift, for those few seconds you dont have the power moving you forward. Instant shifts would take time off your 1/4, allow you to downshift when you want, ect. Being able to choose your gear when and where you want, is an advantage in any playing field.

They even have an option that improves gas mileage, so you cant go wrong. If they have a plug and play for the 7g/8g, that would make it even more of a must buy. $400 for the TCUgo + updgrades to the auto trans = Cheaper then 5spd swap more then likely
    7g for life!

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>Ever been road racing? Â*Need to downshift into a corner? Â*This would be more of use on a road track. Â*But to take full advantage of this system you would need to do some upgrades on the trans to take the higher pressure shifts for instant shifts. Â*It still takes a stock automatic a few seconds to shift, for those few seconds you dont have the power moving you forward. Â*Instant shifts would take time off your 1/4, allow you to downshift when you want, ect. Â*Being able to choose your gear when and where you want, is an advantage in any playing field.

They even have an option that improves gas mileage, so you cant go wrong. Â*If they have a plug and play for the 7g/8g, that would make it even more of a must buy. Â*$400 for the TCUgo + updgrades to the auto trans = Cheaper then 5spd swap more then likely</div>

SticktripOmatics.......

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

but is a sportronic shift, manual/auto like the 3g eclipse really better than a true manual, if i put my auto in L and just keep my foot on the gas and work through the gears that way then whats the dif? I understand the downshifting that would be nice, but how many of us like to drive wit 2 hands i know i don't
    life's a waste of time, time's a waste of life, So foget about life and get wasted all the time!

galant_got_speed
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(97gshogun)</div><div class='quotemain'>but is a sportronic shift, manual/auto like the 3g eclipse really better than a true manual, if i put my auto in L and just keep my foot on the gas and work through the gears that way then whats the dif? I understand the downshifting that would be nice, but how many of us like to drive wit 2 hands i know i don't</div>

yah i dont like driving with 2 hands either...going thru the gears on the shifter seems wicked shitty to me...like im not getting ANY more power and the tranny is screaming at me to stop...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(97gshogun)</div><div class='quotemain'>but is a sportronic shift, manual/auto like the 3g eclipse really better than a true manual, if i put my auto in L and just keep my foot on the gas and work through the gears that way then whats the dif? I understand the downshifting that would be nice, but how many of us like to drive wit 2 hands i know i don't</div>

you mean other then putting the gears through all the extra stress by the sudden jump of gear, and all the heat you might producing if you keep it redlining to long, and shorting the life of your tranny?
    Then i dont see anything wrong.
    Signature wanted call: 1800-Darkkend

<a>Take Better Photoshots Tips from the Pro's</a>

if heat would be something you're concerned about there are tranny coolers that are offered by a few companies that greatly reduce the stress of heat build up in your tranny. the feature i like the most is being able to up the line pressure for harder shifts. how tight would that be to break second gear loose in an auto 8g at WOT. its like shifting really quick in a 5spd. this is good stuff. anyone gonna jump?

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    so with this installation theres absolutely no option of going back to automatic? meaning you'd always have to switch gears from now on? I'd like a way to be able to turn the feature "on and off" so I could do some 1 hand cruising and play w. my cd player if necessary

isnt that the idea.. that u dont have to change the gears.. that u can leave it in drive and cruise and then push buttons to over ride the trainy.. omg that is awsome and then the ferrari paddles .. OMG i would LOVE paddle shifting!

keep 2 hands on the wheel and still choose what gear.. that is the PERFECT situation for racing.. why do u thing the REALLY nice race cars have paddles.. its not for looks at all they dont care if the shifters are on the wheel or the floor.. its to keep the driver's FULL attention on the road.. and its just VERY cool to us who cant afford those type of cars

btw i am pro this mod.. if ur against this mod then just put why u dont like it but we dont need an argument going on..
    1997 Mitsubishi Galant 4G64 *R*I*P*

soon to come, 97 Copper GST 5spd, Bone Stock, for now...

If you guys read the page it will tell you the differences that their system adds, mainly:
    - Pressure Control:
    The TCUGO is using a true pressure control. Unlike the other shift box out there, we are controlling the pressure the exactly like the stock TCU does. Also , the stock TCU all the differents shift pressure setpoint have been applied to the logic behind the upshift/downshift in the TCUGO. You can select from stage 0 (100% stock pressure control) to stage 5 (full pressure on all upshift and downshift). Stage 0 and 1 are identical to the stock TCU pressure setpoint. The only difference beeing that stage 1 upshifting full pressure when at wide open throttle. Stage 2,3 and 4 are for harder pressure setpoint and stage 5 for full pressure control (drag and road race application).

So it can act like a normal trans, just you tell it when to shift. Or you can change the pressure making for instant shifts. You cant have instant shifts on a stock TCU/setup.

Im sure there is a way to switch the car back to normal mode so you dont have to shift all the time. And you are supposed to drive with two hands, whenever a race car drivers hand is not on the shifter they are both on the wheel. If you have ever been to a road course, Id like to see you drive the car with one hand around the track.

This kit isnt for everyone obviously, its for the performance driven enthusiasts who want to stay auto but have better shifting and control which with the right trans can have much faster shifts then any 5spd.
    7g for life!

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>"While beeing able to fully control your tranny, you will not loose the stock TCU function as you have the possibility to switch back to the stock control unit by a flip of a switch"</div>

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Serstylz2)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>"While beeing able to fully control your tranny, you will not loose the stock TCU function as you have the possibility to switch back to the stock control unit by a flip of a switch"</div></div>

Ya thats the hottest part about it. The ultimate automatic sleeper:)

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    how bout clutch wise? u don't expect to really go with our torque converter?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast