The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: header........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 34
    1997greengalant

header........

got a header off a 8G in the junk yard today.....what size exhaust did you guys use to get the best performance...i think 3" is too much but you might know for sure...

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Stock is 2.25", I wouldnt go above 2.5" for anybody running a stock car.
    7g for life!

1997greengalant
    k cool....thanks alot....do you know how much more i will gain if i get 2.5 with a high flow cat???

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Not much untill you start doing mods that will push more air through the motor.
    7g for life!

1997greengalant
    hhhmmmmmmmmm....maybe need to ditch header and find a eclipse down pipe and get turbo???? u think??

1997greengalant
    hhhmmmmmmmmm....maybe need to ditch header and find a eclipse down pipe and get turbo???? u think??

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(1997greengalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>hhhmmmmmmmmm....maybe need to ditch header and find a eclipse down pipe and get turbo???? u think??</div>

putting a turbo in the car and all the other parts necessary would yield better results than just a header and other simple bolt ons

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewt...pic.php?t=17049
    Thats the sticky on what you need to turbocharge your 4G64.

A turbo will not disappoint you and you can get your turbo setup relatively cheap if you shop smart. Majority of your parts are basically from a 4g63 and pretty much bolt on. Good Luck!

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!!

Re: header........

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(1997greengalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>got a header off a 8G in the junk yard today.....what size exhaust did you guys use to get the best performance...i think 3" is too much but you might know for sure...</div>

Sorry but i really didnt understand the point of you getting a header from the 8G for the 7G. Was it an aftermarket header or stock header.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

1997greengalant
    not sure if its stock or aftermarket, just know its better then a manifold. it was there so i just got it....it was the only G in there that had one. but there are a ton of G and eclipses in my yards so its no big deal.....if somebody needs a five speed i would be more than happy to help. i can get a price from the junk yard. ill pull everything out and ship so if interested pm me i go to the yards every other weekend.

Galant98ES
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(1997greengalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>just know its better then a manifold. </div>

Uh-huh?
    How come?
    Manifold is for turbo cars, header is for n/t.

galant_got_speed
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(1997greengalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>not sure if its stock or aftermarket, just know its better then a manifold. it was there so i just got it....it was the only G in there that had one. but there are a ton of G and eclipses in my yards so its no big deal.....if somebody needs a five speed i would be more than happy to help. i can get a price from the junk yard. ill pull everything out and ship so if interested pm me i go to the yards every other weekend.</div>

can you get stuff for the 8g?

if so i need a

clutch master cylinder
    slave/clutch release cylinder
    I4 Tranny

Think you could find those and give me a hard estimate shipped?
    thanks.

TGC Regular
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Galant98ES)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(1997greengalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>just know its better then a manifold. </div>

Uh-huh?
    How come?
    Manifold is for turbo cars, header is for n/t.</div>

both are exhaust manifolds

when is we gon be free????

1997greengalant
    it is a true header, i just dont know if mits put any headers in from factory. its not important i know i will get better flow with it, i am leaning towards supercharging rather than turbo..

anyway, galant got speed i will write down what you need and i will check next weekend to see what they have...if they got it i will get it and you probably pay for shipping and can have it, that kind of stuff i usually get for free...sort of :ironchief2: i will go either sat or sun as i need alot of stuff for alot of cars...i will put your stuff on top with mine

galant_got_speed
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(1997greengalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>it is a true header, i just dont know if mits put any headers in from factory. its not important i know i will get better flow with it, i am leaning towards supercharging rather than turbo..

anyway, galant got speed i will write down what you need and i will check next weekend to see what they have...if they got it i will get it and you probably pay for shipping and can have it, that kind of stuff i usually get for free...sort of :ironchief2: Â*i will go either sat or sun as i need alot of stuff for alot of cars...i will put your stuff on top with mine</div>

alright thanks.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    supercharging the 7G........you'd be the first
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

galant_got_speed
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'>supercharging the 7G........you'd be the first Â*</div>

i dont see the real point of SCing a 4 banger...i mean the power you lose isnt exactly worth the power you gain is it...be more beneficial just to turbo...

1997greengalant
    hmmmmmmmmm..i'll think about that. thanks guys for all your views, they are a big help in the decision makeing

Galant98ES
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodgson316
    Quote Originally Posted by Galant98ES
    Quote Originally Posted by 1997greengalant
    just know its better then a manifold.
    Uh-huh?
    How come?
    Manifold is for turbo cars, header is for n/t.
    both are exhaust manifolds
    Yeah, but you won't see anywhere saying "turbo header"

1997greengalant
    that is very true, never heard of a turbo header

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast