The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Can i swap a vr4 engine in a galant 2003?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 67

Re: Can i swap a vr4 engine in a galant 2003?

Quote Originally Posted by Chriz
    Sup guys im new on this website.
    I just wanted to know if its better for me to buy a galant v4 and after swap a vr4 or just buy a galant v6 and put a turbo. :?:

And if someone know how much can cost the vr4 swap just tell me.
    (if it possible)

Thank you
    USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION!!!

That said, I haven't seen any threads regarding a VR-4 swap. But if you want to turbo your galant, you should get an inline 4 model. Better still, get the inline 4 model and swap in an Evo engine.

Experienced TGC Member

This is what you assholes deserve! I thought April Fools Day was over? Damn...you guys really had me going. I was already planning on heading over to the Mitsu Dealership tomorrow just to ask them about this Galant Spec Turbo kit...

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChikagoGTZ
    Quote Originally Posted by G-spot
    No my dad's Fuso is JDM (he works in Japan). He got the JDM Mitsu turbo kit. HA!
    So, my dad swapped a 9 cylinder Continental R974 C4 from a 1942 USDM Sherman tank into his.

ooooooooo shit, he's got you beat...

idk, i just went up to my local dealer and they said it's backordered now because like the information got out on some forum (i'm guessing ours!!! wOOt wOOt!!!!) so looks like we might be getting more parts because of this MitsuTurbo Kit for Galant Spec. I'm super excited, my dealer is giving me a really good price, just because i reccommend so many people to him...

I may start a group buy on it as well bro, let me know if you wanna jump in!!! I think I'm able to get the for 420 shipped to your door. let me know asap on here!!!

-Chris

this post is terrible
    Guidelines for Republicans: 1. When in charge, ponder. 2. When in trouble, delegate. 3. When in doubt, mumble.

ya about them turbos from Mitsu.. how much would it be to install them either from Mitsu or some private garage.. ballpark it..
    04 Maxima SL in Bronze with Black leather

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar

Re: Can i swap a vr4 engine in a galant 2003?

Quote Originally Posted by rhema83
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriz
    Sup guys im new on this website.
    I just wanted to know if its better for me to buy a galant v4 and after swap a vr4 or just buy a galant v6 and put a turbo. :?:

And if someone know how much can cost the vr4 swap just tell me.
    (if it possible)

Thank you
    USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION!!!

That said, I haven't seen any threads regarding a VR-4 swap. But if you want to turbo your galant, you should get an inline 4 model. Better still, get the inline 4 model and swap in an Evo engine.
    Mante is the only one that has really attempted that...his words where...i didnot have any major problems doing the swap...it was pretty traight forward...he was about to finish it but then he went and imported a real VR4 and never finished the swap. Someone told me he finished it but never turned it on. That thread may have been deleted by now...it's like three years old. So if you are really serious abouut it PM mante He is the person to talk to. But it's been said time and time again, it's less expensive to just turbo your six.
    -Pedro

Censee
    My v4 is twin turbo,it came ffrom the dealer that way,,,ask for the "diamond racing edition galant"....and i beat vegassmatt all the time

Quote Originally Posted by mapid145
    ya about them turbos from Mitsu.. how much would it be to install them either from Mitsu or some private garage.. ballpark it..

I think if you go to Mitsu they charge 200.00 but if you go to a private garage they can do it for 168.94. And of course for the twin turbo you just double the price. If you dont want to do the turbo you can go to the dealer and get the NOS put on too. Just go to the service desk and say "Spilner Me". They will know what to do...its like a secret password. Shhh..
    Love,
    Matt

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    you people... *Shaking head*
    -Pedro

you guys are completely forgetting about the flux capcitor issues. if you leave that out you may never get the car to run properly. jerks.

Quote Originally Posted by VegasMatt
    My Galant is super fast I bought two of these kits and made a twin turbo. I raced Cali when he was in town and beat him by 2 buses..and not those short buses either.
    it's only because i didnt have the NOS installed yet...the dealer said it was on backorder.

next time, my twin turbo v4 will destroy you!
    From Boost Addicts to Carbon Fanatics™ www.socalautowerks.com

Censee: Im trying to pimp some hoes for money for the lsd. 3/28/2011
    Cali: Sig 3/28/2011

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VegasMatt
    Just go to the service desk and say "Spilner Me". They will know what to do...its like a secret password. Shhh..
    man, I remember when you told me about that a few weeks ago matt, it was crazy. I walked into the service department and walked up to the guy (His name is Hector, idk what his last name is, nobody can pronounce it, haha) i usually do and said to "Spilner Me" and he looked at me, looked at everyone else and was liek all super secret about getting the stuff. He had me come by afterhours and stuff to get my car up in the lift bay to install everything, he gave me a great price on it, it was crazy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax
    you guys are completely forgetting about the flux capcitor issues. if you leave that out you may never get the car to run properly. jerks.
    man, I haven't had any problems yet without it, I've been showing no signs of wear or getting close to busting the welds on my intake, I'm just going to keep pressing my luck I guess...

How's yours working out?
    -Chris

Censee
    the "Spilner Me" password is old news....the new one is .... "Its called drifting,if your not out of control,,your not in control"

Quote Originally Posted by Censee
    the "Spilner Me" password is old news....the new one is .... "Its called drifting,if your not out of control,,your not in control"
    we need to get VEGASMATT and CALI into some skimpy outfits then go sit on this CENSEE guy's hood. now that would b out of control!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Reelax)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Censee)</div><div class='quotemain'>the "Spilner Me" password is old news....the new one is .... "Its called drifting,if your not out of control,,your not in control"</div>

we need to get VEGASMATT and CALI into some skimpy outfits then go sit on this CENSEE guy's hood. now that would b out of control!</div>

I went to the dealership today and ask my ol' tech (Tim) about the discount. Of course, silly me, there was this old woman getting her timing belt done on her 2G GSX overheard the "secret" password and used it on her car. Made her $1136 bill down to $250. Tim said it doesn't hurt the dealership at all cuz the discounted prices are the REAL prices. Holy Asshole Batman!!! :evil:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Reelax)</div><div class='quotemain'>you guys are completely forgetting about the flux capcitor issues. Â*if you leave that out you may never get the car to run properly. Â*jerks.</div>

<span style='font-size:25pt;line-height:100%'>1.21 giggawatts!!!</span>

If this forum only had a Tard Farm I do believe this thread would be resting there......peacefully.

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Reelax)</div><div class='quotemain'>you guys are completely forgetting about the flux capcitor issues. Â*if you leave that out you may never get the car to run properly. Â*jerks.</div>

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Reelax)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Censee)</div><div class='quotemain'>the "Spilner Me" password is old news....the new one is .... "Its called drifting,if your not out of control,,your not in control"</div>

we need to get VEGASMATT and CALI into some skimpy outfits then go sit on this CENSEE guy's hood. now that would b out of control!</div>

Didn't they already do that? Didn't they get that on film? What was it called???....umm....oh yea! The Fast and the Furious!!!

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    If all esle fails and the dealer wont install your mod's, take it by Toretto's, not only can he hook you up with a sweet install, but word on the street is he got an ill deal on groceries too!
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast