The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: DOHC on a 4G64

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

DOHC on a 4G64

He all I was just doing some research and I was wondering if it's possible to do a SOHC to a DOHC on my engine. Any Suggestions?
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

MnGalant
    Ive read some post were people say that the hood may not clear. A guy on the 3g club said he did the swap and had no gains what so ever.

T-O-P
    Hah, well I would talk to Allen about this subject. I asked the same question not too long ago, and he says if you can find a head that will fit the motor that accepts DOHC, then it's possible.

And for the guy that didn't see any gains from his 3G must of gotten some crappy cams, worst than our stock ones. Cuz our stock cam right now are pretty shitty itself .. you'll defintaley see some differences in performance cams ..

ralliart
    http://www.geocities.com/awd92gsx/dse4g64swap.html

Check yourself
    Changing cams on stock engine would not make much, either you gain a little on top end and lose a little on lower rpm or vice versa.
    If you really want to do swap, best way is EVO VII engine i think.

first thing u got to think of, is the rotation of your motor. meaning the us spec DOHC heads won't fit, u know the ones from the 7g galant and the 1 and 2g eclipses. so yea you got to get your head from one of the evo's possibly and eya thats big money. then figuring out how its gonna work etc etc, IMO Laz, its not worth it. you won't see that big of a gain to be spending that much money, turbo possibly or maybe down the road a swap would be me feasable with every1's budget.

o yea maybe even a blower, i heard of rumors of a blower being made for the i4's...something u might want to look at too

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.