The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Official Aftermarket List:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 61
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    google.

i emailed Mike W from rre and if you look in thir 4g eclipse catalog there is a pulley for the 2.4 that will also work on the 2.4 on the 9G galant.

RRE might also have other parts that fit the 9g but won't know for sure unless someone with a 9g goes over there and tries stuff on.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Experienced TGC Member
    Tech_Greek Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:17 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

newguyonblock wrote:
    but there are things out there that say vehicle specific but still require some mods, so you can get something for your G but still may have to do a lil custom work to it. Me personally i think custom work is better because its custom so you know no1else has it. again my 2 cents

haha yes, I'll pick you up when you're broke down on the side of the road because your custom job turned into a hack job that in turn ended up screwing something major up!
    First off, man your still considered a newbie to these boards. I understand you may have modded your RX-7, but maybe you should try to be a little more polite to the other GALANT owners on these forums. Second off, you will hardly see performance parts made specifically for the Galant. Trust me, i was looking for the same products too when i first got my 03 Galant. And i was beginning to lose hope when until i found these forums and was told the 8th Gen Galant, and 3rd Gen Eclipse share the same engine and chasis. Now although the engine bays and sizes of the Galant and Eclipse are very different....some of the parts for the Eclipse will bolt right up to the Galant. Do some searches around this forum and thoughout the internet.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tech_Greek)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(newguyonblock)</div><div class='quotemain'>ok lemme ask you this, you see an intake made for the 3.8 v6 eclipse but dont see one for the galant, but you know its the same engine and it will most definitaly, without a shadow of doubt fit you wouldnt get it because it dosent say its made for the galant?</div>

No I would, but only if it fit for sure, wihtout having to make custom brackets, etc.

And AFAIK, the two intake paths are different in certain areas...</div>

The 9g Galant and 4g Eclipse have the same chassis and engine (same as the 8g Galant/3g Eclipse did), the intakes should bolt right in.

I had a 3G Eclipse AEM CAI that bolted 100% perfect on my 8G. Same motor same engine bay setup.

Here are pictures of the 4G Eclipse Intakes.

4cyl Auto/Manual (Aka 9G Galant)

V6 Automatic (Aka 9G Galant)

Factory 9G Engine Bay

No difference that I can see.

No problem if you want to buy stuff that they sale that says Galant on the part description, but the thing these companies don't know is that the engine bay, the chassis, the suspension, the transmission (automatic at least), air intakes, are all the same, as well as more stuff.

I didn't just modify my RX-7 like most people, it was all custom, there was no bolt on part what so ever...

I don't want to do that, and for me to start a thread and have everyone whine about me asking for galant specific parts is kind of annoying, I'm not going to anyone elses threads and basically calling them an idiot because of something they asked.

This is MY thread, that I asked specifically for Galant parts, not eclipse parts, people just don't seem to understand that and acting the way you guys are I understand why people won't make parts for this car as it's not a performance car, I've got a few vendors lined up who are willing to make parts for our cars (strut bars, etc) but with the general community on this forum acting like this I don't think I'll want them to build the parts I had planned anymore.
    2004 Mitsubishi Galant LS - 3.8L V6 - "The G" - 14.62 @ 95.52

”Sticks impress high-school kids, autos win races” – Unknown

i really don't understand why u need products made for the galant if the eclipse part is the same exact thing.

im pretty sure your vendors are the same way. i mean the first thing they'd do is see if the eclipse application works. if not they will see what changes need to be done. no need to reinvent the wheel if you don't have to.

And you don't seem to understand, that even known you are rude, they are still just trying to help you... Have fun with YOUR thread :thumbsup:

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    eh. Give him time. Might be new to the concept. He'll catch on, someday.

if your interested in slotted/drilled rotors, r1concepts made some and sold them also in their website and ebay.

just remeber the eclipse is based off the galant. thats why the galant is always redesigned before the eclipse.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>i really don't understand why u need products made for the galant if the eclipse part is the same exact thing.

im pretty sure your vendors are the same way. i mean the first thing they'd do is see if the eclipse application works. if not they will see what changes need to be done. no need to reinvent the wheel if you don't have to.</div>

thats what i been trying to figure out
    2004 Nissan Maxima3.5 V6 DOHC

yo.. why not just search couple Mitsubishi forums.. its not like ur the only one who has a 9G and wants to Mod it...

the reason that most vendors wont have a straight product line made just for the galant is because its seen as more of a family sedan rather then a performance sedan. Honda is different because the civic is easy to mod and then came the Accord.. and then came all the ricers ..

Yes they are coming out with parts and accesories but really really slowly.. and its usually not all vendors but rather a small handfull..

AND if i the word " for 4G eclipse" really bothers u.. tell the vendor to put " for 9G galant".. its not that big of a deal..

I see where the hesitation comes from because of previous failure.. but let me tell u.. TGC members.. they know wat they are talking about.. (most of them..)
    04 Maxima SL in Bronze with Black leather

Rising_Suns
    I will not buy Eclipse parts (such as an intake) until I know for a fact that someone else has done it successfully on the 9G. It's not enough to assume that same engines should share the exact same parts. We have to remember that these are not exactly the same engines. There are differences (30+ HP of difference).

For example, I'm willing to bet that the MAF sensor on the intake is different in the Galant than the Eclipse. The Eclipse MAF is probably tuned to see a certain range of air flow, and tells the computer to pump a certain amount of fuel to obtain the ideal air-fuel mixture (~14.7 Stoich).

Until someone proves otherwise, through tests and time, I would be hesistant to just drop any Eclipse parts into my 9G. Of course, it all depends on the parts. Some are more critical than others.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    hehe the maf sensor should be all the same for the 9th gen galant, 4g eclipse and 04+ ralliart lancer and maybe 04+ mitsucars. same part number. I have a lancer maf from ebay right now

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tech_Greek)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    I don't want to do that, and for me to start a thread and have everyone whine about me asking for galant specific parts is kind of annoying, I'm not going to anyone elses threads and basically calling them an idiot because of something they asked.</div>

H&R and Eibach make a spring kit for the 9G Galant, though its a different part # its the same as the 4G Eclipse springs.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>This is MY thread, that I asked specifically for Galant parts, not eclipse parts, people just don't seem to understand that and acting the way you guys are I understand why people won't make parts for this car as it's not a performance car, I've got a few vendors lined up who are willing to make parts for our cars (strut bars, etc) but with the general community on this forum acting like this I don't think I'll want them to build the parts I had planned anymore.</div>

Than have those vendors build the parts and supply the 9G Galant and 4G Eclipse enthusiasts with aftermarket support.

Once and for all this is a community of Galant owners many of us have been part of this community for years and have seen all the parts from the 3G Eclipse swapped to the 8G Galant. The 9G will prove no different.

This is a thread you posted asking for response on who makes parts for the Galant and as was stated before the Eclipse parts are Galant parts.

If you want a list of who makes "Galant-specific" parts here it is:

H&R Springs.

Eibach Springs.

EBC makes rotors and pads.

K&N makes a filter.

Thats it. Though Eclipse parts fit.

No need to have taken such offense to what people were telling you. Most of us here have used whatever was availible that fit. Many of us here are used to having to modify things to fit. Many of us here are used to the need for custom parts to be made. It takes time as you surely know to gain aftermarket support. By all means if you have companies willing to produce than go for it, but I hope for your sake they come through because we've seen companies come with promise of a new product and go not fulfilling that promise.

Thats why we use parts branded with the Eclipse name, if the parts fit we use it.

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Well said.

Alright, so here's my question...

What's a FUNCTIONAL modification that you would like to see, specifically made for the 9G Galant, perfect fit/bolt on.

What would you like to spend (in reason) and do you have paypal to put a deposit down?

Where are you located, all of the vendors are out of state and would need someone to bring their car by so they can make the product.
    2004 Mitsubishi Galant LS - 3.8L V6 - "The G" - 14.62 @ 95.52

”Sticks impress high-school kids, autos win races” – Unknown

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tech_Greek)</div><div class='quotemain'>Alright, so here's my question...

What's a FUNCTIONAL modification that you would like to see, specifically made for the 9G Galant, perfect fit/bolt on.

What would you like to spend (in reason) and do you have paypal to put a deposit down?

Where are *you located, all of the vendors are out of state and would need someone to bring their car by so they can make the product.</div>

A good catback and sway bars would be a nice start. other than that, Eclipse parts will have to do for now. I know where you're comming from. Someone told me an RX-7 is compatible to a Ford Probe. I don't know the fact behind that could someone shed some light on this?

you know i thought i saw somewhere that Greddy or injen had a cat-back out for the 9g.
    2004 Nissan Maxima3.5 V6 DOHC

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tech_Greek)</div><div class='quotemain'>Alright, so here's my question...

Where are *you located, all of the vendors are out of state and would need someone to bring their car by so they can make the product.</div>

What I would like to see for the 9G would be:

Cat-Back exhaust. (I4 and V6)
    Sway Bar with urethane bushings if possible.
    Urethane motor and trans mounts.
    Air Intake (I4 and V6).
    Performance Struts, the likes of a KYB AGX Gas adjustable.
    CF Hood and Trunk.
    Body Kit w/ functional inlets in the case of Turbo or Supercharged 9Gs.

Maybe some of that is to much to ask, but hey its a start.

Rising_Suns
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(9G)</div><div class='quotemain'>hehe the maf *sensor should be all the same for the 9th gen galant, 4g eclipse and 04+ ralliart lancer and maybe 04+ mitsucars. same part number. I have a lancer maf from ebay right now </div>

Are you sure the part number you are reading from is for the entire MAF assembly and not just the housing part#?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast