The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Official Aftermarket List:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 61
    Is anyone close to North Carolina that would be willing to let them use your car as a test fitter, etc?
    2004 Mitsubishi Galant LS - 3.8L V6 - "The G" - 14.62 @ 95.52

”Sticks impress high-school kids, autos win races” – Unknown

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rising_Suns)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(9G)</div><div class='quotemain'>hehe the maf *sensor should be all the same for the 9th gen galant, 4g eclipse and 04+ ralliart lancer and maybe 04+ mitsucars. same part number. I have a lancer maf from ebay right now </div>

Are you sure the part number you are reading from is for the entire MAF assembly and not just the housing part#?</div>
    yup.

Rising_Suns
    I'd be willing to buy a 4G Eclipse CAI (preferrably AEM) if someone can confirm that they atleast know of someone who has successfully installed it in the 9G.

...minimal cutting hopefully...and dyno sheet if possible.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    The 9G doesnt look like a car that should be getting fit for a cat-back and most other performance mods to me anyway. If you wanted a car to street-race, pickin up a 9G was your first mistake.. shit's huge

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Serstylz2)</div><div class='quotemain'>The 9G doesnt look like a car that should be getting fit for a cat-back and most other performance mods to me anyway. If you wanted a car to street-race, pickin up a 9G was your first mistake.. shit's huge</div>

i kinda agree but i dont, because i mean they got performance parts out for the altimas and maximas, and thos are some big cars.
    2004 Nissan Maxima3.5 V6 DOHC

Rising_Suns
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Serstylz2)</div><div class='quotemain'>The 9G doesnt look like a car that should be getting fit for a cat-back and most other performance mods to me anyway. If you wanted a car to street-race, pickin up a 9G was your first mistake.. shit's huge</div>

Well, clearly the 9G is not a track car. But for the street, the 9G is very unassuming, which I like. With 250 ft-lbs of torque you can beat most cars off the line, and it has the most power out of virtually any other car in its class.

Sure, it's heavy. And it's FWD. But these things don't matter much if you're not autocrossing, or at the strip every weekend.

Personally, I already had my fun with my 320HP 2G Eclipse and an M3. Honestly, the stiff ride gets tiring after a while (especially up north on these pot-hole ridden streets). The 9G is a great daily driver, and there's nothing wrong with a few extra HP when you're in the mood for "spirited driving".

13b4me
    Hello everyone...

I was directed here from the RX-7 forums... I'm currently in the process of developing some hard to find/afford race parts for the FC3S chassis (2nd Gen RX-7 for those who are unfamiliar), and prototypes for a few different parts will be available for display within the next few weeks... I'll post some pics over here when they are finished, so you can get an idea of the quality... Assuming you guys like what you see, we may branch out and offer this for different vehicle makes...

Thinks we're working on for the FC:

1. Triangulated front strut bar

2. Rear strut bar with x-brace

3. Harness bar with camera mount

4. Aluminum turbo inlet duct

5. True CAI (for N/A and turbo models)

6. Aluminum underbelly tray (for cooling purposes)

7. Various suspension braces and mounts

8. Radiator relocation brackets

9. Custom V-mount intercooler kits

10. Tubular rear subframe (eventually)

That's just so you guys get the idea... Anyways, we'll have our hands full with RX-7's for a little while, but if anyone has any comments or ideas, feel free to let me know... I'll check the forum regularly and see what's crackin...

Thanks for having me...

wow the 8g needs some of that stuff also, that would be nice.

13b4me
    Well what we would need is for someone local to let us use their car for a test bed... We need something to take measurements, test for fitment, etc... Also a little knowledge of the Galant from a technical perspective would be very helpful in the process... For instance the same things that may affect a rotary could be entirely different for a Galant, and vise versa...

i know this is for the 9the gen galants, so i dont want to intrude and tell you i have an 8th gen avaliabe.

As long as they are close to North Carolina and can let them use their car for testing purposes I don't see any reason why the 8G couldn't have any parts.

But yes, like Rising_Suns said, I like the luxury car appeal without the overly aggresive suspension that will 9/10 times never be used on the track. This is the perfect car for me, it's fast, it's big, and it gets good gas mileage...why not?

But yes, we need someone for test fitment, don't make me drive all the way to North Carolina or I'm going to hurt someone!

im in jacksionville, nc, but like i said i have an 8g.

Well, talk to 'the man' and see if he wants to make a run at something on the 8G.

13b4me
    I don't have any problem with that... As long as someone is willing to be the guinea pig... Just gotta wait for us to get established with the FC parts first and get a couple prototypes for you to check out...

pm sent 13b4me

13b4me
    Returned... 8)

how about some coilovers? whole exhaust systems?

9g Baby!

we need better endlinks
    04 GTS 9G

FoR Sale:
    2004-2006 Fog Lights $50
    shoot me a pm

bottom line the G is still new. Ive been bouncing from Galant forum to forum. I have yet to see anyone post any official parts that are strictly for the 9G. Aftermarket parts are usually custom jobs done for you anyways. It takes the work out of doing the custom job yourself. The answer to your question is *look*. Guaranteed the probability of you find a part that specifically reads *Made for 2004-Present Galant" performance mod is slim. the engines that Mitsubishi uses for their cars does not change aka most of the performance mods will work for them i.e intakes or exhaust systems. Most things need to be modded anyways. even the new body kits made specifically for 9Gs don't fit properly and need some trimming here and there. The G nowadays are not typically performance mod cars. If you find any aftermarket part, it was probably a custom job by another G lover who wanted a part.

megan coilovers are bolt ons... also intakes, headers, and work springs

local muffler shops can do complete catbacks, buy your prefered axleback/muffler and let the shop do the rest
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast