The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: testing interest: 7G Cold Air Intakes....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 81
    i'm down for sure post some pics when you can!

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    Update: To make everything as discussed, it would cost me about $100 to make each intake.

Not worth it.

So I am downgrading the MAS adapter to the 3" plastic one, instead of the previously planned 4.5" aluminum adapter. Also, the stock 7G throttle body is 52mm, which is barely over 2"; and even if you upgrade to the 60mm throttle body, that's only 2.36". So instead of going with 3" pipes, I'm downgrading it to 2.5" pipes.

This will offset the cost to make the kits. Let me know if this pisses anyone off. It should still allow for optimal airflow, and there's a 0.5" increase over the stock TB, so there's still a significant amount of air on demand for the TB.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Proto
    use a 2.75" aluminum MAS adaptor. couplers like to come off the plastic ones.. thats how i destroyed my last CAI

no prob here
    No man is your friend, No man is your enemy, Every man is your Teacher

how much could we get it for after the downgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by slayer544
    how much could we get it for after the downgrade?
    the point was that i downgraded to keep it at $100 and still make it worth my while. all to make $20 per intake i still have to weld the pipes together, and i'm sure there will be other costs that i havn't calculated yet. after i make a prototype we'll see....

they make 2.75" aluminum mas adapters? i can't find them anywhere. on ebay it's either the 3" plastic ones or the 4.5" aluminum ones

1994 Galant GS 5spd

ah, $100 is perfect . you probably have to look somewhere else for those adapters.

so what's goin' on with this? Is it still in the works or is it gonna happen? What?
    life's a waste of time, time's a waste of life, So foget about life and get wasted all the time!

im interested but it'll be awile b4 i have the money (saving for beach) and it will be a must to have brackets b/c my current one SUCKS!!.. lol and no short stuff better go to the ground
    1997 Mitsubishi Galant 4G64 *R*I*P*

soon to come, 97 Copper GST 5spd, Bone Stock, for now...

Quote Originally Posted by 97gshogun
    so what's goin' on with this? Is it still in the works or is it gonna happen? What?
    things were going smoothly until CHP fucked me in the ass. between my $600 fine and all the hoops the state is making me jump through, i've been busy and too poor to start this up. but because i need money more than ever now, i will start this up soon, i swear.

will update this thread when things happen

1994 Galant GS 5spd

damn that sucks :evil: sorry to hear that.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Dude just make your own adaptor! All it is is a peice of metal with a small pipe welded to it and 4 holes drilled so you can mount it to your mas. I guess the adaptors do have the "funnelling" so it fits into the funky shaped MAS hole.
    7g for life!

I bought a CAI on ebay for the integra mod but its confusing as hell.
    this is what I got. I have no idea where to put the brackets or cut the pipe. All the pics in the CAI intake mod post are old and don't work. If anyone has a pic of one installed It would be appreciated.

Proto
    Quote Originally Posted by slayer544
    I bought a CAI on ebay for the integra mod but its confusing as hell.
    this is what I got. I have no idea where to put the brackets or cut the pipe. All the pics in the CAI intake mod post are old and don't work. If anyone has a pic of one installed It would be appreciated.

cut on the red lines (gives you some extra)

ok so after I cut at the red lines I use the top halves and just figure out where to put the brackets?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shadow19)</div><div class='quotemain'>Id be down when i get a job.. But my only concern is how would it effect it if it rains and you drive the car???? Would water get into the filter or what?</div>
    you could just put on those AEM bypass valves. they say "use only with AEM..." but from what i understand they work with any 3" pipe

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    I had a CAI on my car for 2 years straight on my old 4g64 and no problems. My car ran great and had 0 issues in the rain. Did not have a bypass valve either. I think you guys who hydroloc your motors drive through lakes and oceans. I might understand it here where I live now as the roads are horrible and flood bad when it rains.
    7g for life!

So is the CAI thing still on?
    Why I got half a mind to...ahhh...never mind I just got half a mind.

peano... i have a 4.5" adaptor so i'll be needing a 4" pipe then... r u still working on it after all those shits happen to u with ur car?

i just need the pipe, i have filters already
    I'm selling my G

4" pipe??? i cant find any 3" pipe.. the kit i got of ebay is 2.5" which = 60mm so it'll be equal w/ my t/b once i get it on..
    1997 Mitsubishi Galant 4G64 *R*I*P*

soon to come, 97 Copper GST 5spd, Bone Stock, for now...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast