The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: testing interest: 7G Cold Air Intakes....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 81
    I really think that for a bolt on 3 inch system most of us here will go a litle over 100, I think 125 is really fair
    Why I got half a mind to...ahhh...never mind I just got half a mind.

matt i would pay 75-100, but this thing has to be strong, i made my own with the turoarials i have seen on other forum sites, and i lost count how many filters i have ran over after i red lined on each gear, so if you make a really strong one, a one that wont move around when you floor the car or under extreme shifting, then yes i would pay 75-100 for it. i think you should start a list i see there is al lot of people that are going to buy and slap my name on the top line , but i guess u have to make one for your self and test the shit outta it keep us updated...
    2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
    JDM 5 SPEED 4G64
    TO GET TO A MAN'S HEART....IS THROUGH 4G64 egh and may be through 4B11T

ok so I am still trying to use the stuff i bought on ebay haha. I cut the pipes but it seems I may have to cut a little more off. Then, I found some rubber plumbing coupler that goes from 4"-3" for the MAF to the pipe. I hope this will work. only thing I need now is to find out where to drill the holes to put the mounting brackets on and where in the car to mount it.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jake26)</div><div class='quotemain'>matt i would pay 75-100, but this thing has to be strong, i made my own with the turoarials i have seen on other forum sites, and i lost count how many filters i have ran over after i red lined on each gear, so if you make a really strong one, a one that wont move around when you floor the car or under extreme shifting, then yes i would pay 75-100 for it. i think you should start a list i see there is al lot of people that are going to buy and slap my name on the top line , but i guess u have to make one for your self and test the shit outta it keep us updated...</div>

my problem with making them is trying to make them for under $100 so that way i still get SOME profit (right now it would be $5-10 per intake) for the hours of work it will require. the reason why it will be so expensive is because they WILL be strong. it's going to be straight-up steel all around....
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jake26)</div><div class='quotemain'>matt i would pay 75-100, but this thing has to be strong, i made my own with the turoarials i have seen on other forum sites, and i lost count how many filters i have ran over after i red lined on each gear, so if you make a really strong one, a one that wont move around when you floor the car or under extreme shifting, then yes i would pay 75-100 for it. i think you should start a list i see there is al lot of people that are going to buy and slap my name on the top line , but i guess u have to make one for your self and test the shit outta it keep us updated...</div>

my problem with making them is trying to make them for under $100 so that way i still get SOME profit (right now it would be $5-10 per intake) for the hours of work it will require. the reason why it will be so expensive is because they WILL be strong. it's going to be straight-up steel all around....</div>

yeah matt i hope that u can keep the price 100 or under, but defianlty like i said place me in the top list for getting one from u AFTER u test it for durability..
    JDM 5 SPEED 4G64

salvsoltero
    WITHOUT A DOUBT ABOUT 75-100 IF IT WAS A PERFECT FIT

I'm sure we'd be paying $150 or more if we had a cai on the market with the quality of AEM. I'm going $150 Matt. I just can't turn down the opportunity to have aquality cai for the 7g.
    No man is your friend, No man is your enemy, Every man is your Teacher

ok.....

i'm dead serious about doing this now. i'm in desperate need of some money and this is an easy way to make some, all the while finally making these like i said i would and wanted to.

i'll probably paint them a matte finish, keep the silicone and parts mostly blue or red (one color only) and sell them for $100-$135. i will be ordering parts this weekend to make a mock-up prototype for some testing

1994 Galant GS 5spd

wish you could bring a sample on the MOD... damn can't wait to have one
    I'm selling my G

awesome can't wait to see it!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'>ok.....

i'm dead serious about doing this now. i'm in desperate need of some money and this is an easy way to make some, all the while finally making these like i said i would and wanted to.

i'll probably paint them a matte finish, keep the silicone and parts mostly blue or red (one color only) and sell them for $100-$135. i will be ordering parts this weekend to make a mock-up prototype for some testing</div>

matt start the list after you get the prototype and test it, and slap me into spot number one, or 2 or whichever you wanna lol
    JDM 5 SPEED 4G64

well this is it....in photoshop form

any negative remarks regarding my brilliant artwork, and the price will be $200 per intake.....only for you

will be ordering neccessary parts today

1994 Galant GS 5spd

i think it will looks good, now only when you get all that together test it in the most harsh of driving.....i guess
    JDM 5 SPEED 4G64

ok, these intakes are on standby, and here's why....

i can't find any NON 3-ply or NON multi-ply silicone couplers. there's no point in shelling out $10 a piece for 3 or 4-ply silicone couplers for an intake that will never see any boost. what i'm after are the single silicone couplers that you get with shitty ebay intakes and the like. as of right now it would cost me $100 to make each intake......because it's costing $50 just for the silicone

so if anyone can find me CHEAP and single-ply or standard silicone couplers for these sizes, they will be rewarded

1x straight 3"
    1x transition 3" to 4"
    1x transition 2.75" to 3"

or i can just go to home depot and get some REALLY ghetto rubber couplers and call it a day, but the intakes would look less than professional at that point......i dont mind, i wouldn't care....but what about you guys

1994 Galant GS 5spd

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    RRE and DSMotorsport both sell couplerings by the foot:

http://www.diamondstarmotorsport.com/diyparts.shtml
    http://www.roadraceengineering.com/hoseandclamps.htm

I dont think they are the thick 3-ply. I ordered some from DSMotorsport a year or so ago and it wasnt the thick rubber couplers like the ones you get from SBR.

Try eGay or JCWhitney?
    7g for life!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>RRE and DSMotorsport both sell couplerings by the foot:

http://www.diamondstarmotorsport.com/diyparts.shtml
    http://www.roadraceengineering.com/hoseandclamps.htm

I dont think they are the thick 3-ply. Â*I ordered some from DSMotorsport a year or so ago and it wasnt the thick rubber couplers like the ones you get from SBR.

Try eGay or JCWhitney?</div>

dsmotorsport is all 3ply, thats where i got all my couplers from for my IC piping. RRE looks to be the same. eBay is all 3-play. jcwhitney is all 3ply

1994 Galant GS 5spd

well if i come across some extra money ill throw it your way.. but i did my own intake and used an air ratchet to tighten everything down.. only lost 1 filter and that was the first day.. tightened the new one extra tight and havnt lost it yet.. in fact i just bought some extra filters just in case..

hope your money problems go away and gl building the g even better then b4!
    1997 Mitsubishi Galant 4G64 *R*I*P*

soon to come, 97 Copper GST 5spd, Bone Stock, for now...

Matt... hurry hurry... j/k

can't wait
    I'm selling my G

When is the prototype going to be ready,let me know.Ill get one.
    Nobody built like u, u desighn ur self.

5spd swap
    full custom body conversion
    18x9 Works VS
    Big 16g evo3T next project

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast