The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: OBX Headers...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 45
    galant_got_speed

OBX Headers...

Well they finally came in...

they r pretty nice lookin, i have to wait til saturday to install them though cuz im working too much...hopefully i run into no probs and can just bolt em on...im just wondering what the bolts on my stock ones are like lol

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Cool. Please post on the install cause I'm still on the fence about getting them.

Re: OBX Headers...

Quote Originally Posted by galant_got_speed

[im just wondering what the bolts on my stock ones are like lol
    a bitch, but breaker bar and pb blaster is your best friend as most will agree with, so get those b4 you start serisouly.
    2004 Nissan Maxima3.5 V6 DOHC

galant_got_speed

Quote Originally Posted by newguyonblock

a bitch, but breaker bar and pb blaster is your best friend as most will agree with, so get those b4 you start serisouly.
    the hell is a breaker bar and pb blaster?? damn i hope this isnt too hard, im limited on tools and im not that great at cars to begin with...i was thinking of having a place install them but i wanna save that money and also learn something by doing it myself...

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    breaker bar = a pipe u can put around your socket wrench, its for leverage

PB Blaster = rust killah, gets your bolts loosened up cuz they will be rusty as hell

Quote Originally Posted by newguyonblock

the hell is a breaker bar and pb blaster?? damn i hope this isnt too hard, im limited on tools and im not that great at cars to begin with...i was thinking of having a place install them but i wanna save that money and also learn something by doing it myself...

That's a breaker bar.

galant_got_speed
    Quote Originally Posted by Serstylz2

PB Blaster = rust killah, gets your bolts loosened up cuz they will be rusty as hell
    oh i see..does it like eat the rust? or would like some oil work..likd WD-40 or w.e...also how much does that PB blaster crap cost??

oh i see..does it like eat the rust? or would like some oil work..likd WD-40 or w.e...

oh i see..does it like eat the rust? or would like some oil work..likd WD-40 or w.e...also how much does that PB blaster crap cost??
    pb-blaster is so much more superior to wd-40 for helping to break nuts loose. well worth the money IMO

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

galant_got_speed
    Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6

pb-blaster is so much more superior to wd-40 for helping to break nuts loose. well worth the money IMO
    you know i just thought of something...will i have to get new bolts or what? i was hoping to be able to use the old ones but it may not be the case...anyone know how big they are?

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6

you know i just thought of something...will i have to get new bolts or what? i was hoping to be able to use the old ones but it may not be the case...anyone know how big they are?
    Hop over to your local dealer and pick some up, should'nt be that expensive. Might as well do it right the first time.

i reused my old ones with no problems.
    2004 Nissan Maxima3.5 V6 DOHC

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Did the headers come with the downpipe or are you gonna add as you go along?

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

can't wait to see, don't forget to post pix
    R.I.P. My fellow Galant owner. May God be with you and your family.

galant_got_speed
    Quote Originally Posted by bronxbombr
    Did the headers come with the downpipe or are you gonna add as you go along?
    im gunna add as i go along...i heard of a lot of fitment issues with the OBX downpipes, so im gunna experiment with the short header first and just add things as i go along...

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    True.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

I don't know about the 4cyl, but on the V6, there are no bolts. There are studs and nuts. You have to take the nuts off... and if you break a stud while doing so, well, it will really suck having to pull the stud out and replace it.

You might want to get a new gasket. I wouldn't reuse use the old one.

galant_got_speed
    Quote Originally Posted by Danger DANJ
    I don't know about the 4cyl, but on the V6, there are no bolts. There are studs and nuts. You have to take the nuts off... and if you break a stud while doing so, well, it will really suck having to pull the stud out and replace it.

You might want to get a new gasket. I wouldn't reuse use the old one.
    oh boy im hoping for bolts...the headers came with a new gasket, so i dont have to reuse the old one.

galant_got_speed
    i actually had another quick question..i couldnt really seem to find much on search on this...but the headers are going to shift my powerband from mid to high RPM's right? so ill get better top end but suffer on the bottom...but i dont care cuz i dont streetrace, just open highway...

galant_got_speed
    Ok guys i just sprayed the bolts with PB Blaster, also picked up a cheap tool kit to keep in the G for emergencies and stuff, hopefully im mechanicly inclined enough to do this right...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast