The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Would this turbo work?

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

Would this turbo work?

I was doing some searchin on ebay and came across this turbo set up, it says that it would work for the 4g64 but if you look at what cars its for it says 1st and 2nd gen eclipse. I called the company and spoke to someone that really didnt know much, he said that they get calls all the time asking if this turbo will bolt up to a 3rd gen eclipse and he tells them "I dont Know" lol (prime example of fanatically customer services lol). So now im looking for your guys opinion
    thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/90-94-95-99...052265119QQrdZ1

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Looks like SS Autocrap to me. It says 4g6a (non turbo motor), they dont know what they are talking about.
    7g for life!

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    ey trying to be ahead of the game huh? good shit but i don't know bout' you but i wouldn't trust that thing coming off ebay... if it was my neighbor selling it i would find like couple of ways to mount it but i wouldn't mess with something from Ebay. ( specialy turbo)

Looks like a Turbo XS turbo and SS autochrome exhaust manifold. Ive seen a lot of bad things with both these companies products. It looks like their products are getting better from their past few years of quality lacking products, but Id rather not chance it.

What is your car? i4 or v6? If its i4, I think the best midrange turbo would be a 16g. Whether it be a small 16g, 16g, big 16g, or evo3 16g, they would match well with the 4g64 at low boost(8-10psi). Then match that with an evo3 or SBR cast manifold and your good to go. Really dont need an external gate on a turbo of thise size.

A small 16g is around $400 and Evo3 is around $549. Can get an Evo3 manifold for $180 and an SBR for $250ish. Its not that much more to get quality parts vs that eBay auction. Go with what has a proven track record, not a company that has gaping holes of bad quality products in theirs.
    7g for life!

Virginia (If I showed you where I live, you would think I was hiding)
    i was thinkin about gettin a 16g turbo. i was gonna get one from HKS...but where would i get all of my piping?

To Be Missed....... Otto Racing WAI, K&N Air Filter, Otto Racing Performance Muffler, Header, GReddy Voltage Stabilizer, Strut Bar, APC Aluminum Shifter, Painted Calipers, M3 Mirrors, Optix Headlight Strobes, Audiovox 7.5" DVD Player/Monitor, JVC SD11 Headunit, Pioneer Premier 6x9s, Pioneer Premier 6 1/2s, 12' Rockford Fosgate Punch HX, Lanzar 1200W Amp.

Eh dont go through HKS or Greddy to get a turbo, it will just be more expensive then going with a direct Mitsu turbo. Go to any DSM online shop like www.slowboyracing.com, www.diamondstarmotorsport.com, www.buscharracing.com, wwwmagnusmotorsport.com, ect to get direct Mitsu turbos. As for the piping, you or any reputable performance shop or exhaust shop could make them.

What I did was order a few bends from www.jcwhitney.com and used couplers to hold everything together and had a friend weld the BOV flang on. I used 2 45" and 4 90* bends. Just bolt up the turbo and exhaust manifold and you will be able to visualize what bends you need.

Its not hard at all, just takes some time and effort(like a day )
    7g for life!

okay, i see what you're sayin. that way it'll be cheaper than buyin a complete kit right?

To Be Missed....... Otto Racing WAI, K&N Air Filter, Otto Racing Performance Muffler, Header, GReddy Voltage Stabilizer, Strut Bar, APC Aluminum Shifter, Painted Calipers, M3 Mirrors, Optix Headlight Strobes, Audiovox 7.5" DVD Player/Monitor, JVC SD11 Headunit, Pioneer Premier 6x9s, Pioneer Premier 6 1/2s, 12' Rockford Fosgate Punch HX, Lanzar 1200W Amp.

Yes, from what I am aware of, the only kit available for the 8g is the kit that Tearstone sells. And its a PITA to get ahold of one of those.
    7g for life!

r hahncraft turbos any good? their the only turbos within my price range....i hope i get more than what i pay for in this case.

Galant98ES
    Quote Originally Posted by mitsuree8thgen
    r hahncraft turbos any good? their the only turbos within my price range....i hope i get more than what i pay for in this case.
    Mitsubishi turbo for Mitsubishi car

I was doing some searchin on ebay and came across this turbo set up, it says that it would work for the 4g64 but if you look at what cars its for it says 1st and 2nd gen eclipse.
    1g 4g64...i wonder if it's a 6bolt lol :twisted:

There is no such thing as a 1g 4g64

Hahn Racecraft uses 16g turbos in most of their kits, they are a reputable company. How is a Hahncraft turbo cheaper then a mitsu turbo?

I dont think you 8gers get it yet.
    7g for life!

Galant98ES
    Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    There is no such thing as a 1g 4g64

Hahn Racecraft uses 16g turbos in most of their kits, they are a reputable company. How is a Hahncraft turbo cheaper then a mitsu turbo?

I dont think you 8gers get it yet.
    Of there's no such thing, but according to that guy from ebay there is

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    1g 4G64 could be a 6bolt 4G64 8) I don't know just being stupid 8) My g/f bought me a tubular style 4G63 manifold for me this past christmas and its one from SS autochrome. Actually it looks pretty good and all the runners are supported very well to the flanges from the cylinder head end and the compressor end. The welds are pretty solid and the porting inside is OK...could of been better, but I smoothed it out myself. My friend who did my I/C piping checked it out and was even impressed by the quality especially from the crap SSautochrome used to make in the beginning. I am going to install it soon on the GVR4 and see how it results.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Yah their stuff is getting better. I remember their first sets of manifolds were very thing metal and they always cracked at the turbo flang and fell off the runners! Interesting siite. My friend had an SS Autochrom manifold for his ca18det motor I helped him install. The manifold looked descent. All the runners were supported and the metal looked like a descent gauge. But the porting could have been better as well. I think they have a solid product now, just needs some better finishing touches.

As for the XS Turbo or Turbo XS turbos...I wouldnt run one, their earlier copressor housing were held on by glue and I saw a few of them that just fell off lol. No thank you.
    7g for life!