The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: WARNING: Look out for Tein "Conterfeit" Springs

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17

WARNING: Look out for Tein "Conterfeit" Springs

http://www.tein.com/counterfeit/warning.html

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Recently, We have confirmed that some of the eBay stores are guilty of selling COUNTERFEIT TEIN S.TECH springs.
    To assure authenticity of any TEIN product, PLEASE make your purchases only through a TEIN Authorized Dealer. To locate a TEIN Authorized Dealer near you, please click here.
    TEIN would like to inform you of the differences between the COUNTERFEIT TEIN S.TECH springs and the Authentic S.TECH.</div>

wow. i'm gonna sticky this... it sucks but alot of parts are getting copied... i remember seeing that they were conterfieting AFC's too w/ less functions and dummy buttons! jeez.

edit: NM it's already sticky. good lookin' out tho.

repost, but good to be stickied
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

how do i find springs on ebay that are not counterfeit.????

if someone is selling fake teins on ebay, they are not gonna admit it. if they are smart enough to make fakes, they're smart enough to not admit it. you just test your luck and hope that u don't get fakes. and if u do, return it.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Quote Originally Posted by snowman
    buy from Tein Authorized dealers as they describe on their website.

That or just buy some Eibachs.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1
    Quote Originally Posted by snowman
    buy from Tein Authorized dealers as they describe on their website.

That or just buy some Eibachs.
    Or Progress.

Just put my tiens in yesterday.

Got then from kurumamotoring on ebay. I checked they are real. No stickers on the springs,serial looks good, and the box is right.

Probably has the best feedback (99.6 )rating among the other car part sellers.

Got sent out the next day.

I think the seller who was selling fakes sell zenn springs now. I don't remember seeing those before. And they look like tiens.

Ebay has gotten pretty bad with scammers. My buddy got ripped from phishing. 1K taken out in italy. They emailed him that his account was going to be canceled and to enter his info and his ccard. I got this sent to me too. Looks very legit but i entered anything as my id and password and it worked. Thats how i knew it was fake.
    2001 I4 White ES
    Injen intake
    Arospeed bomb
    Magnecore wires
    Denso iridiums
    Gdi stb
    Alpine cd
    polk components
    2 alpine 10s
    2003 17inch eclipse gt rims
    Yokohama tires

i bought mine from kuruma too. they have good service
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

Waiting to get mine from Kurumamotoring as well.

Whats scary is how close the fakes are to the real Teins. The green coating and brown ends are identical. I would not have known unless you guys posted this warning.

thanks.
    8G 4 life!

Mods: CAI,Grounding wires, CCorners, Shaved, 3G STB. AGX/Teins, Addco bar, OZ F1 wheels And well maintained : )

Anyone know if highperformanceoutlet is legit on ebay? &#036;153 shipped, any cheaper prices found anywhere?

they are legit!

i ordered from them and made a post about it a couple days ago... check it:
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/index...showtopic=50492

Calipso
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevelle71_05
    Anyone know if highperformanceoutlet is legit on ebay? &#036;153 shipped, any cheaper prices found anywhere?
    I've been told they are legit, a few members here have bought from them and had no issues. (A little late to answer, but answered none the less.)

Experienced TGC Member o1naturalhigh's Avatar
    has anyone here gotten them "fake" ones? just wondering...i haven't

TGC Regular
    I dont know if anyone has posted this but WheelsNext seems to be giving the Zenn spring for free for the purchase of a set of wheels (happen to pass by when I was looking to purchase some new rims)

Free Springs

Available with regularly priced mounted & balanced wheel and tire packages only. All springs include complete set (4 springs).

The hottest selling lowering springs in the USA, by ZENN Suspension. ZENN springs meet or exceed Germany's TUV approval, which is the world's most stringent manufacturing standard. Spring/bounce are fully designed and engineered here in the USA and then manufactured to the German TUV standard. Dozens of lowering spring manufacturers have popped up over the past few years, but none are TUV approved to meet Zenn's philosophy of durability and performance.

The free springs offer is subject to availability at the time of purchase. Free shipping does not apply to springs.

christmas is coming around the corner, don't wanna be the fool to buy one of these fake crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Serstylz2 View Post
    Or Progress.
    or H&R sport springs