The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: are these coilovers good?

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

are these coilovers good?

i just got my brothers old 7g galant because he moved up in the import game and got a evo X. and i just got my license so i dont have that much money to be shelving out for my galant. but i was wondering if skunk coilovers are good?? but i also saw some eibach lowering springs, which do you guys think would be better for me even though they are two different kind of suspension types.....and all i really want is about 1 1/2 to 2 inches lower from now...thanks a lot guys

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    the springs will be a better ride...if you want coilovers go with a full dampening setup.....and dont forget shocks/struts to go with the springs if you go that route

Well I'll vote to grab a set of Eibach springs and some
    KYB GR-2s (since u don't wanna stretch out for AGXs).

i found the eibach springs for about $200 and im tight on cash right now because i am a sophomore in high school and i work part time which sucks cause i get paid little so i need the cheapest but a still good enough springs or coilovers.....i might get springs because i already have some KYB shocks thanks to my bro......but yea if there are over good brands and they are cheap BUT good then just tell me thanks guys.....
    Last edited by EATsleepJDM; 05-18-2008 at 10:17 PM

WANNA LOOK FRESH????
    GET SOME CLOTHES AT KARMALOOP.COM AND GET 20% ON FIRST PURCHASE WHEN USING REPCODE:KN21899

siniGANG represent!

Oh no, I was referring to KYB shocks/struts.
    AGXs are the adjustable KYBs.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    sleve-type "faux" coilovers tend to be really bouncy, real ones can be also, but that's a whole different topic. it's good thing you have KYBs already, i strongly suggest you get eibach prokit then. putting aftermarket lowering springs on stock struts is just stupid. the skunk2, despite their reputation, are still sleeve-type coilovers, and will bounce.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd