The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: bye bye CAI

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 23
    Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar

bye bye CAI

i recently just took out my CAI. i just went to short ram. since it rains a lot here in GUAM i don't want to take the risk of getting a hyro lock. i mean it really rains like flood!!! and i'll be dropping my car since i already found coilovers. i just haven't notice the difference yet cause i just did it yesterday. i want to find out from you guys if it's better having CAI or short ram (general question don't think about floods and stuff just wihich is better). thanks guys.

theblackpearl
    well this has been covered numerous times..but IMO they arent any different really... my family used to live in Guam so iknow about the rain..its crazy... best to go with the short ram over there..

why you guys move out of here? didn't like the weather? i just moved here cause of my job. it's aight but really nothing to do. that's why they look at my car like they'd never seen CAI before, it's probly b cause noone does it cause of rain. well thanks bro.

theblackpearl
    my dad was stationed there for the military a long time ago..and yeah unless you love the jungle your screwed lol

hey jungle ain't ol that bad! i went to this place and i swear to GOD, i thought i was in jurassic park man! but the beaches are nice and ol. chix....... not too many to pick from. well i come from LBC and it's a big move getting stuck in a small island. but you know what, island life is kinda fun for me. just chillin everyday... that's about it everyday chillllllll!!!!!!! :cry:

theblackpearl
    lol word man..watch out for those lil crab things that can kill you though! lmao..shit dude i dont even live there but i still just CHILL everyday...ugghh

what crabs? just like the other day i was takin' a leak on the side of the road and a fuckin skinny ass snake fell from nowhere. fuckin' snakes here can jump!!! LMFAO well the good thing is that, i hardly see any 8gs out here but one black one with JDM tails and grills and always givin me the shoulder brush.. M!@$$%fU!#%. But fo sure, i wacks the hell out of that 8g.

theblackpearl
    hhahaha are there still like no birds on that island? cuase the snakes eat them all...lol

i guess so. what year were u here? did they have power back then?
    how bout roads?

theblackpearl
    lol no not really..

ok ok enough about my new home. some native might be spying right now and cut my head off. if ya know what i mean.

guam talk

CAI is nice to have but probably not the risk given where you live.

Experienced TGC Member
    who's ur cai made by injen or aem

injen. just short ram now. on and on i go back to cai but rains out here alot.

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by milo111000
    injen. just short ram now. on and on i go back to cai but rains out here alot.
    well sell me ur cai pipe then? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

i still put it back on on really hot days. sorry. plus i'm all the way out here in GUAM. you could prolly get nice cheap ones off ebay.

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    staying short ram would be better for you.
    -Pedro

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Yah here in my town when it rains the roads flood like crazy. I about got stuck a few times in my Galant. I definitely wouldnt run a CAI here, the drainage systems absolutely suck!
    7g for life!

Virginia (If I showed you where I live, you would think I was hiding)
    i would say get short ram as well. and since u're n a warm location and the air filter will be right at the engine absorbing heat, i would put some kind of wrap on the intake to keep the air as cool as possible by blocking engine heat. and it maybe risky, but to keep it even cooler u might wanna take a shot at a cry o2 system.

To Be Missed....... Otto Racing WAI, K&N Air Filter, Otto Racing Performance Muffler, Header, GReddy Voltage Stabilizer, Strut Bar, APC Aluminum Shifter, Painted Calipers, M3 Mirrors, Optix Headlight Strobes, Audiovox 7.5" DVD Player/Monitor, JVC SD11 Headunit, Pioneer Premier 6x9s, Pioneer Premier 6 1/2s, 12' Rockford Fosgate Punch HX, Lanzar 1200W Amp.

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(milo111000)</div><div class='quotemain'>i still put it back on on really hot days. sorry. plus i'm all the way out here in GUAM. you could prolly get nice cheap ones off ebay.</div>

I just need the cold extend pipe. I got the short ram 8)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast