The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Gauge Pods

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

Gauge Pods

i can't find a gauge pod fits on the driverside piller. What on fits?

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    I head of some people using them from a civic sedan. This is the thing tho, your not going to be able to buy a complete pillar that bolts in, your better off buying a 2 pod or 3 pod holder and using a heat gun to shape it to our pillar then screw it on
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

the 3rd gen integra pods also have a nice fitment on the 8g pillar. like stewi said, to get a better fitment, use a heat gun to soften the plastic of the pillar so it hugs the galants pillar better.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    92 integra.

this has been discussed many times before. i think a member in Fl was able to make a three pod A pillar for the 8G for a price. Try searching. I remember Goosey had some problems with him but i don't remember of anyone else having any problems. Try searching.
    -Pedro

Gaugepods.com will make them if you get a GB going. I did this for the 2G Eclipse Spyder 3 pod a -pillar. I think it took 20 people but the price was good on it and they will paint it to match any of the stock interior colors.

Sold
    New ride...
    2002 Lincoln LS V8

i would definately be interested in getting a 2 pod, or 3 pod model
    2003 Dover White Mitsubishi Galant ES

1997 Tarmac Black Mitsubishi Eclipse GST

you know i remember seeing other members doing the 3-pod GB i was just curious as to why they failed? please tell me it wasnt lack of interest
    2004 Nissan Maxima3.5 V6 DOHC

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(newguyonblock)</div><div class='quotemain'>you know i remember seeing other members doing the 3-pod GB i was just curious as to why they failed? please tell me it wasnt lack of interest</div>

there were several some failed cuz of lack of interest others failed cuz the guy runnign the gb ripped people off

i just dont get that lack of interest part, but people always talking about they want one or wish somebody could make some.
    2004 Nissan Maxima3.5 V6 DOHC

As I said I've worked with Lo-Tek before, they will set up payment right through their website so no one gets ripped off. The only problem I see with a full a pillar pod for our cars is that the a-pillar doesn't end when it gets to the roof line.

Sold
    New ride...
    2002 Lincoln LS V8

so out of the ones that everyone has mentoed here, the Integra 2 Gauge pod is the better fit? also, how do you mount them? i read about the heat gun but like does anyone have any visual instructions? i'm a visual guy.

Quote Originally Posted by racesnos
    so out of the ones that everyone has mentoed here, the Integra 2 Gauge pod is the better fit? also, how do you mount them? i read about the heat gun but like does anyone have any visual instructions? i'm a visual guy.
    the guage pod has directions telling you how to mount them. then with the heat gun you just wave the heat gun at the pillar and the pod til its soft and hold it til it cools down.

is there any possible way to attach the pillar without screwing it in? i was thinking something like 3m tape or something of that nature, so that i could remove it later without cosmetic damage.
    2003 Dover White Mitsubishi Galant ES

1997 Tarmac Black Mitsubishi Eclipse GST

you can use some 3m tape or something but for a clean install, you still need to make a hole in the oem pillar to run the wires to the gauges