The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Voltage stabilizer

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
    Experienced TGC Member

Voltage stabilizer

I was looking on ebay for some stuff and i came across a voltage stabilizer http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RALLIART-RA...053502206QQrdZ1
    what i was wondering does this really work? And would the grounding kit work as well?? Or are they both just bullshit.

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Nah the voltage stabilzer is only ok if you have two batteries in the car. But the grounding kits are money wasted.

Experienced TGC Member
    Thanks ;-)

all that crap is a waste of money.
    Your alternator is itself a "voltage stabilizer".

it's hanging in my engine bay not unattached. Could of spent my $52 on something more useful.

i heard the voltage stabilizer is a waste, i just got an extra battery to go in the trunk and it worked excellent for my system. as for the grounding kit, i wouldnt do that either ive seen companys claim 10-15hp increase from that, and that sounds a little farfetched to me.

I saw no gains or changes period! I took mine off too...its sitting in my tool box

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

They are useful when you have a bad alternator. Like on my MR2, when it had a bad alternator, I installed a voltage stabalizer and my lights on the inside of my car, and the outside got a little brighter. Didnt notice any change in performance, or gas efficiency tho... But its a waste of money if your alternator is still good. Or if your alternator is bad, just buy a new alternator...

1. INCREASE HORSEPOWER
    2. INCREASE TORQUE
    3. BETTER THROTTLE RESPONSE
    4. STABLE IDLING
    5. IMPROVE FUEL ECONOMY
    6. OPTIMIZE ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT PERFORMANCE
    7. LESSER ENGINE NOISE
    8. QUICK ENGINE START...

.....that all seems just too good to be true... and like manybrews sed ur alternator does the same shit. Dont waste ur money
    7G SOHC 5SPD

ground kits aren't going to gain you any real horsepower...
    but i will emphasise the importance of having a good ground.

if your factory engine ground wires are all corroded and nasty, replacing then with just plain speaker wire woudl be an improvement.

i suppose you could dyno a flood car, then add a ground kit then dyno it again and you would net a gain.

but voltage stabilizers and that sort of thing are only on the market cause people just have to spend money on their car... and most people can't afford the mods that yield real world gains...

dont waste your money. save it for somethign good

1994 Galant GS-Turbo