The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Are the CAI sets on E-bay worthy?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 33 of 33
    Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant_got_speed)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(furiousgtz)</div><div class='quotemain'>i had ebay one Green one in pic..i took that out and put AEM. Â*
    there was nothing wrong with ebay intakes but i wanted to get AEM. Â*
    </div>

haha i have that same intake.</div>

there is nothing wrong with EBAY intakes only problem is u will have to clean carb every now and then...

Quote Originally Posted by furiousgtz
    there is nothing wrong with EBAY intakes only problem is u will have to clean carb every now and then...
    thats awesome! i've never seen a carb used in a galant in years!!

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6
    i think u talking about the California Air Resources Board and i m talking about carbon
    my car started stalling and i had to clean the throttle body because of carbon build up? i got the spray cleaner can fron pepboys. and i m like its cheap intake.. and i got the AEM now i have no prolbem..no one ever had that problem?

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6
    my car started stalling and i had to clean the throttle body because of carbon build up? i got the spray cleaner can fron pepboys. and i m like its cheap intake.. and i got the AEM now i have no prolbem..no one ever had that problem?
    I think he thought you meant carburetor, as when people say carb when referring to cars, thats what is usually inferred rather than carbon buildup.

yup. in the car world, carb=carburetor and when u clean the carb, you clean the carburetor.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Experienced TGC Member
    You got carbon deposits in your TB? Thats kind of intresting, though not all that suprising. My intake plenum is covered in pure black soot from the EGR.

Rock on EGR...rock on!

Quote Originally Posted by SkylineG1
    Quote Originally Posted by galant_got_speed
    Quote Originally Posted by chromed_out_galant
    do not get the e-bay ones! Go with an injen or aem or something name brand... fuck it I would get a weapon r before an ebay again. I had one and had nothing but problems. An intake is not and intake is not an intake. I had ebay and whenever I started to car it would not run right. It would almost stall out and the rpms would drop real low and go up again and keep doin that for like 10 mins. I switched to an Injen and havn't had a single problem. Get the quality one man. You get what u pay for ya kno?
    im gunna agree and say most of the time that is true...but there are times where you can get a quality product for less, just gotta pick the right places. My intake is a no namer and i love it...

when u talk about ur RPM's and stuff dropping real low and almost stalling...did you reset ur ECU when you put the intake on? cuz if not theres ur answer...
    True. I have a ebay intake (a little modified) but it doesn't rub on the battery and when I started up my car it runs fine. Chrome you prolly didn't reset the ECU.
    naw man, i reset the ecu many many times. The thing was just a piece of crap. I had a thread about it and I could not figure out what was wrong with it despite help from a lot of the guyz here. Come to find out it was just a crappy intake. After I put the injen in, no problems what so ever. I called up the company and sent that shit back.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Black
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator
    what is that about? I'm on a budget and its something I'd consider.
    Any one of these.
    qnz told me that it is hard to secure the filter alone w/o a short ram setup, is your intake secure?

I went from CAI to WAI and I have to say you get better throttle response and the same power with the WAI and a good filter.

what is a wai?

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chromed_out_galant
    what is a wai?
    Warm Air Intake or otherwise known as Short Ram.

Quote Originally Posted by 95mitsu03
    why not go with this

great quality without the cost
    Oh, i dont know, its a $100!

o ok, I ran my CAI in short ram mode for a while. I liked it. Sounded just as nice, it was actually louder than the full CAI.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12