The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Pictures and Info on the New Galant

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 89

Pictures and Info on the New Galant

I told everyone Mitsubishi would fuck it up, and now its official its shaped like the Altima.

http://www.edmunds.com/future/2004/mitsubi...an/preview.html

Its so sad now the Galant gets balls and has no looks

What Edmunds.com Says: Never a class-leader, this larger and more powerful Galant should help Mitsubishi gain some ground on its rivals from Japan and abroad.

What We Know: Mitsubishi is looking to increase the exposure of its nondescipt midsize sedan by debuting this considerably larger and more powerful version late next year. Built on the same platform as the new Endeavor sport-ute, the Galant is expected to continue with its four- and six-cylinder engine lineup, although more power is expected from both engines. Close inspection of the photo reveals a much larger size that the current model and a shape mildly reminiscent of the latest Camry. Production is expected to begin early next year at Mitsubishi's plant in Normal, Ill.

"Never a class leader is right" This car sucks!!!
    The First Supercharged 4cyl Galant!!!!!!!!

www.rippmods.com

Before there were any, there was me.

word i here that. I still wanna know many ponies it's pushin'...prolly still get beat by a fuckin Altima...also shit looks like a Chrysler 300M. Fuckin' Mitsubishi.
    "....BIG got hit in the passenger seat, 'Pac got hit in the passenger seat, now i'm ridin' 'round in the passenger seat..." 50 Cent

Andy
    galant center needs to start a petition, heh. this is terrible news. i wonder what the taillights look like. ive always thought the 8th gen taillights were hot. i bet they went and changed em.

Im keeping what I have

I figured maybe the new 2004 Galant will be nicer looking and have more HP so I should just save for a down payment on that. Fuck that Im blowin on my 8G cuz I have a feeling it will be the last Galant I own. Whats with copying altima this whole egg shaped shit doesnt work even with the front mask cover it still looks like its gonna be ugly up front.

www.rippmods.com

OH my god..............That has gotta be the ugliest thing i've ever seen.......Looks like a damn ACCORD......(THE BACK)......

I am glad I got the 2001 Galant.........They started to fade after 2002...(no offense to you owners)......
    2001 Galant ES I4
    Injen RD CAI
    Kamikaze Headers
    Brospeed Prosport Muffler
    Brembo X-drilled/Slotted Rotors
    Progress Springs
    KYB AGX Adjustables
    Racing X Headlights
    Smoked Tails
    Custom Grill
    Titanium Limo Tint
    MOMO Shift Knob
    Tenzo R Mean-6 18"
    JBL 600.1
    2 JL 12W3 D4 in topfire custom box

My ride: http://photos.yahoo.com/nrg_neo

ralliart
    I have yet to see the detail but I kinda like the overall silhoutte. We can not tell much w/o the detail. Remember that they have to make it bigger in order to be competitive in the market. That is the direction of every midsize car is going like camry, accord, altima. Granted it does not look like our 8G's BMW'esque styling, but I feel that mitsu need to come up with original design sooner or later anyway.
    Judging from the car's overall shape though it is on par with altima, definitley better than camry or that ugly bloated new accord. Remember that altima design is pretty good although not spectacular.
    What we would really hope that it has performance to back it up, with 240 hp accord it is about time for mitsu to wake up and drive.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NRG)</div><div class='quotemain'>I am glad I got the 2001 Galant.........They started to fade after 2002...(no offense to you owners)......</div>

this is tru
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

Damn all the sedans suck now!

The 2003 Accord was ugly and of course Mitsubishi had to top them with something even uglier. The new accord gets 240 hp lets see what this egg shaped galant puts out hmmmmmmm 205 maybe, big fucking whoop Mitsubishi.

Mitsubishi you let me down again!

www.rippmods.com

Yeah I'm glad I have the 99 ,the front end looks will be hard to beat for a long time. Maybe i'll keep my car around and put in the more powerfull engine in to avoid getting a Pontiac looking Galant.
    1999 2.4l
    - AEM Short Ram with Blitz Sonic Air Filter
    - Magnecore Wires & Denso Iridium Plugs
    - Throttle Body rebored by ProFlow
    - Throttle Body Coolant Bypass
    - Throttle Cable adjustment
    - Freedom Design Strut Bar
    - Tein Springs
    - KYB AGX setting 1
    Exterior:
    - 2nd Gen JDM Tails
    - New rear 02 Molding
    - Debadged Mitsubishi lettering

Maybe you'll finally be able to 'comfortably' use 20's or 22's. Someone will have one and it'll be tight.

Well the new accord doesnt look half bad...........

Compared to the 2004 Galant the 2003 Accord looks damn good.

2003 Accord: front and back view without mask

www.rippmods.com

i like it...reminds me of the diamante...

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Tiller
    man, that picture shows you absolutely SHIT... you guys ought to have a little more patience and faith...

I agree! You can't really make out much. Except for the fact that it has some very straight lines on the side. Lets see what it looks like a little closer to production. As far as the new Accord goes, the only thing I like on that is the S Class look-a-like taillights! Honda fell after the release of the new and UGLY civics!

i remeber seeing a concept 2004 galant back like 7 monts ago, and it looked little differnet than the picture i have seen now.
    Damn, it is one big ugly looking box.
    Glad to have a 99.
    Check out my ride at:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/djgalant

The only 8g west cost 4g64 Turboed Galant.

ralliart

Here's what I made with Photoshop. My frontend styling is pretty much based on 2002 Galant, Outlander, not to mention several concepts. I didnt change the overall shape at all, you can see that they try to maintain the shape of 8G. We would have that big split grille though for sure, just like PSU and outlander.
    I would say that Mitsu has taken some cue from BMW 7 frontend. Just like the 3 series influence on the 8G.
    Other than that, I would not judge that as a bad car, well at least until we got into more detail.

Dilemma
    mama NOoOoooO!! I dont really like it

damn WTF !! I do kind of like the new Altima .. but every single new car seems so hot... and that Galant just sucks compared to them ...
    Oh well, it seems I'll be retiring from TGC in 2 yrs.... Unless Mitsu merges with BMW ...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tiller)</div><div class='quotemain'>man, that picture shows you absolutely SHIT... you guys ought to have a little more patience and faith... Â*

</div>

Exactly that car is bagged up and masked up meaning what? Its not showing its true lines. I have seen many a test mule car driving down the Highways here in Michigan and for the most part the entire car is covered.

All i hope is that is gets at LEAST a 5spd tranny. because my boy just informed me the Accord is getting a 6spd manual in the V6 model finally. Mitsubishi better step to the plate as far as tranny and engine ability and power. Looks remain to be seen. But I'll for sure get pics at the Detroit Auto Show this January!!

Tazz2000
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I think I'm gonna cry. If that's the final model, I guess it looks like I'm movin on in a few years. I'll stick around until then, but U know, that just doesn't work for me.

2002GALANTes
    MAN THE GALANT IS JUST PLAIN UGLY, AND THE FRONT OF THE HONDA REMINDS ME OF A DAMN COUGAR!!!!!!!!!!! MITSU'S NEW GALANT LOOKS LIKE A LET DOWN.[/i]

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast