The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Pictures and Info on the New Galant

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 89
    Senior TGC Member
    Actually...I've been looking it over a bit and I'm almost afraid to say this but it almost looks like Chrysler had a hand in this new design...all I see now is "300M" written all over it.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

New accord vs Galant

2003 Accord 240HP 6-speed
    Heres what edmunds says:

The 3.0-liter V6 sees a more dramatic power gain, as it now makes 240 hp at 6,250 rpm and 212 lb-ft of torque at 5,000 rpm. This power gain comes courtesy of a redesigned air intake, a freer-flowing exhaust, larger intake and exhaust valves, modifications to the fuel system and the updated iVTEC system. The V6 is rated to achieve 21 mpg in the city and 30 mpg on the highway with the automatic transmission and will meet ULEV emissions standards in California.

http://www.edmunds.com/reviews/road...23/article.html

Everyone is going all out on the engine department. I cant base too much on looks considering the picture I posted of the 2004 Galant is covered up but I hope the brains working at Mitsubishi realizes that just slapping in the 3.5liter 205hp engine from the Diamante is not going to cut it, they need to tweak the shit out of that engine. The HP needs to be at least 225-235, nothing less, they need a powerful engine to get that big space ship shaped Galant moving.

But knowing those morons they will just slap the Diamantes 3.5 liter 205hp engine in the galant and call it something new and once again every car in the Galants class will whoop on it. They better get it together or the Accord will be just another car that will kill the Eclipse and the Galant.
    The First Supercharged 4cyl Galant!!!!!!!!

www.rippmods.com

Before there were any, there was me.

From what I can tell I do not like the car. I am sure it will have a nice front end and some nice body lines and be real sleek when its finally revealed.
    Once I actually see one, I do not care for it for now.
    Matt
    Love,
    Matt

Exactly Matt!!!!!!

That’s exactly how feel, right now it just doesn’t appeal to me!!!
    The First Supercharged 4cyl Galant!!!!!!!!

www.rippmods.com

Before there were any, there was me.

One thing to remember guys is that when its Officially Released it will also have larger & different wheels. It will look a good bit different then that car. We still have a year or so before its released.

7h3_wh173_kn16h7
    well anyway apart from we have a year, i really like the 2000 galant. it has the mean look in the front end, & the back side is pretty sporty. for the amount of money that we buy our galant, it is a very good value,compare to honda or toyota... anyway i lstill like the 2000 galant..the older version is alittle too boxy but it is nice to..(had one before)

Anonymous
    that is the most hackerest username i think ive ever seen

yeah looks like they fucked it up they need to make a dame coupe if u ask meor let THE GALANT CENTER DESIGN A NEW ONE
    SportBike Powder Coating
    "Not Just Bikes"

[email protected]
    Photos
    http://www.photobucket.com/sportbikepowdrcoating

J. T. Z.
    Before we all start running away lets see what the final product look like!

Ol School Pervert
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Andy)</div><div class='quotemain'>looks like a damn dodge</div>

i agree, but i'm going to give it a chance. like some of you said, its all covered up and most cars will look ugly when they're covered up in black tape.

my lease ends in 2004 so i got three options
    1) lease to buy my 8G
    2) buy a 9G
    3) or buy something completely different and retire from the TGC board (well if i get an M3, i'll be like )

bacchus
    DUDE WE HAVE THE LAST OFF THE BET GALANTS. SO W TAKE CEAR OFF WHAT U GOT CAUSE DSM IS GOING DOWN HILL. IT THEY WERE THAT DESPRIT THEY COULD OFF ASKED US FOR HELP. WE COULD DO SOME WORK IF WE WERE THE DESINERS. LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL. BUT LET C WHAT IT COME TO BUT IT SUCKS, BETTER THAN MY GIRL AND SHE COULD SUCK THE PAINT OFF THE WHIP.

GalantESP
    That was some nice photoshop pics.. but I still think that the 99 - 2001 model is the best time for Galant. Even the 7G looks better then the new 9Gs.... see after a kit.. JDM ligts... the Galant looks very very nice.. too bad we don't have what VR4 has.. turbo...and 4WD, but who cares... our Galant still looks good...too bad.. I'm leaving for Taiwan soon.....(damn ever the new Taiwan Galant looks better than that...) so I sold my car.. very cheap... I wanna cry for that price... .but I have no time... too bad.... some of you might got a nice 2000 ES V6 for less then 10,000 .... anyway...

Lol, we're so jumping the gun here. I'll wait for the real deal before serious comments. I thought we weren't due for a change until 2005. Don't know why that year stuck in my head. And they downplayed the car by putting some wack-ass wheels on too. Anyway, the taped-up job makes the silhouette look domestic, lol.

[size=10]<span style='color:white'>. . . .</span>

You cant really see anything in that pic from edmunds, i am just going to sit still and wait until a real picture not this spy shit comes available.

Censee
    i agree that we dont know the exact lines and styling.but look at the shape,i cant stand that bubble ass spaceship look,that all these car manufacturers are coming up with.its like all the "normal" cars gined a shit load of weight.i personally dont like the shape,if u drop it and put rims on it it will look ugly,like fixing up a toyota echo or something.i dont like these bubble looks.good luck to mitsubishi,it looks like ill be staying with my 8g for a long time also

ralliart
    Yeah cars are getting bigger coz us americans are getting fatter and fatter. And dont forget you need to have increase in hp to move the car AND the passenger.

galant2kde
    DAMN THE NEW GALANT 2004 LOOKS LIKE A BRICK and the new 2004 Accord is kinda hott, THE JAPS STOLE THE REAR END OF THE NEW ACCORD FROM MERCEDES LOOK AT THE TAIL LIGHTS THATS FUCKIN GAY!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    I dont seee why you guys are so riled up. I seem to like the side doors and what not. And with the lack of detail on the front and back, who knows what potential it has???

As long as Mitsubishi does not screw up the front and rear styling, the 2004 Galant may not turn out all that bad.
    7g for life!

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    thats what happen when you let the american company do the design for the car, Oh well... what can you do? :?

Tiller
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bacchus)</div><div class='quotemain'>:oops: Â* DUDE WE HAVE THE LAST OFF THE BET GALANTS. SO W TAKE CEAR OFF WHAT U GOT CAUSE DSM IS GOING DOWN HILL. IT THEY WERE THAT DESPRIT THEY COULD OFF ASKED US FOR HELP. Â*:D Â* Â* Â*WE COULD DO SOME WORK IF WE WERE THE DESINERS. Â* LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL. BUT LET C WHAT IT COME TO BUT IT SUCKS, BETTER THAN MY GIRL AND SHE COULD SUCK THE PAINT OFF THE WHIP. Â* Â*:P</div>

English mother fucker... do you speak it...?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast