The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Pictures and Info on the New Galant

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Showing results 81 to 89 of 89

Just Curious?

I know we agreed wouldnt bash the 2004 Galant until we saw it but what does everyone think of that silver car next to the yellow lancer that was posted on page 3? Whatever that car is its very ugly! It looks very similar to the Galant spy shots so Im guessing thats the new Galant? What does everyone else think?
    The First Supercharged 4cyl Galant!!!!!!!!

www.rippmods.com

Before there were any, there was me.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(T.S.)</div><div class='quotemain'>That spy photo look an awful lot like that fugly silver thing in this pic

</div>

Damn you guys are slow. I posted this pic a while ago. That is the new Galant and the EVO 8. Click here for my post. The silver car in this photo is the same as the one on Edmunds and it is the Galant. I read the confirmation on a thread on Lancerforums but the thread got shut down by Mitsu or someone.

It does look like an Altima from the side, but I like the Altimas. I wish Mitsu would have came up with their own design, but that's what happens when Chrysler is doing the designing. That's why it looks like a 300M too. I'm not too crazy about the front, but if the HP is 240+ then it will be a big seller here in the states. And don't expect a manual tranny, Mitsubishi knows that it won't sell.

ralliart
    Yeah, we need to stop bashing it well at least until we can tell whats under the hood. This is a galant forum so have some faith and pride at least.
    I personally think that the new galant is decent, maybe it has to grow on me. But on the looks alone I would still pick it over that ugly accord, camry or even altima. Granted its not as not as sharp as Mazda 6 but some design just have to grow on you. They cannot make the car that is gonna look obsolete in 2 years. Trust me, 4-5 years from now we all gonna look back and said that 8G still looks nice but its still gonna look like a car from late nineties.

Supernova
    Well, i'm glad mine is a 2000 model. Cause that son of a gun is ugly I didn't like the 2002 Galant either. The front end was ugly.

Yes it is ugly!!!

Im sorry Galant or not there is nothing attractive about that car, I would have been happy if it looked like the photo shop picture of the Galant that someone made, at least that one was attractive! I dont even know what to make of that silver Galant, I wish we got the Galant JAZZ instead of some Chrysler designed nonsense.
    The First Supercharged 4cyl Galant!!!!!!!!

www.rippmods.com

Before there were any, there was me.

Re: Yes it is ugly!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GalantT3
    Im sorry Galant or not there is nothing attractive about that car, I would have been happy if it looked like the photo shop picture of the Galant that someone made, at least that one was attractive! I dont even know what to make of that silver Galant, I wish we got the Galant JAZZ instead of some Chrysler designed nonsense.
    How about this being the 04 Galant?

I saved this from the website listed on that picture, it was listed as the 2004-05 Galant. WHo knows, only MItsubishi so we will see.

Wow, thats incredibly ugly, I am glad I have a 00' Because if galants start looking like that then this 00' Galant I own now will be the last.

My car's head gaskets requires more torque than your honda puts out...

tlceclipse
    O.K. So it looks really bad!!!! But keep the faith. First of all like someone said above, we haven't seen the final version yet. Second of all, if it is that bad it will only last one generation. Lets see... look at: galant,accord, grand am, and a lot of other makes. It's almost a trend to make one generation really cool and cutting edge, and the next bland and ugly. Almost any make has a trend like this! Early 90's galants were Great! (not to mention that they had the GSX and VR4) then the 7G's (sorry guys but i had one as a rental, and a 3 speed in a 98..please. not to mention looks. the only way to make them look good is to add an EVO body kit) . Then at last the "savior", 8g galant Cool, Polite, and a little different in a good way. "The poor mans BMW". So it's only natural that the 9g is going to be ugly. And if the 7g came standard w/ a 3 speed in a time of 4 speeds, then expect the 9g to come w/ a 4 speed in a time of 5 speeds. And 205-215 HP sounds about right for the V6, 150-160 for the 4cyl. Hey Mabe they'll follow Altima in one other way...Power. Would people really buy an altima if it weren't 240 HP! Not Me!

Alister_McRae
    Whoever buys that, should not be allowed to join TGC :evil:

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345