The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: I Dunno if this has ever been discussed...

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
    Russ99GTZ

I Dunno if this has ever been discussed...

If this is old thoughts, sorry, Im a newbie.

BTW, I'm Russ, I have a Black 99 Galant GTZ. Basically stock except for a Weapon R Intake and the Temp sensor resistor mod. It'll soon be lowered and Im gonna put 18" Konig Imagine (Black Opal) wheels on, and of course, a custom exhaust and headers.

BUT, has anyone ever looked into, or tried to fit 3000GT Twin cam heads on the 3.0 SOHC V6 Galant Motor? I have access to them and I want to try, but 2/3 cars I own are in mid-conversion right now. Has anyone attempted to bolt the 3000GT VR4 Turbo manifolds to the stock 3.0?

Im really curious about this..if it works, im gonna do it!

Thanks
    Russ
    -1999 Evolution Orange Miata
    -1991 Silver Festiva; 1.6 DOHC Turbo (w/ Turbo Upgrade)
    -1999 Black Galant GTZ

our 3.0 SOHC V6 apperently spins backwards of the 3000GT so it would be much more modification than just bolting the head on.

Russ99GTZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Reelax
    our 3.0 SOHC V6 apperently spins backwards of the 3000GT so it would be much more modification than just bolting the head on.
    Wow! No way! Thats goofy....has anyone ever checked on this for sure, or is it just 'I heard?'

Russ

Quote Originally Posted by Russ99GTZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Reelax
    Wow! No way! Thats goofy....has anyone ever checked on this for sure, or is it just 'I heard?'

Russ
    reelax is right, our motors are turned 180 degrees from the 3kgt's motor

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.