The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Dash Mount TV Questions?

Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

Dash Mount TV Questions?

For my next project I want to get a lcd tv probably 7 or 8 inches. I want to mount it to the dash where the center vent is. Has anyone ever done this. I need to know where I could get a mounting bracket. I was wanting to get one that came out of the vent itself to hold the tv in place? A good example of what I want to do is in the first fast and the furious movie right before the race scene when the guy is playing ps2.

They sell lcd mounting brackets at various locations.. ebay is a good place to start -- they go relatively cheap 25-30$. However it might require a little modification on your part by removing the console panel and installing a secure brace to mount the brackets near the vent location ( if you can reach it) -- i'm currently going crazy customizing my 7G. I have a 7" motorized lcd out of a 1din unit and 2x 7" LCD's for the headrest in my car. im just waiting for a nice day that falls within my days off.. weather here in new york has been shitty lately.

I'm sure with a little imaginiation and a mounting bracket you could pull your project. take some picutres of where you want to get it mounted and maybe some of us could give you some ideas.
    1998 Galant ES