The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Starion Help Needed!

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    Starion

Starion Help Needed!

First of all i would like to let you all know that DENVER send me here to ask for help regarding my starion.

So help me, it has the 2.6l TURBO G54B.

Tell me if i can use the evo head and what year. also which manifolds should i use, and whats the best set up for safely increasing boost.

thanks in advance

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    I don't think any of the 4g63 cylinder heads will work on that 2.6l Starion motor. Your best bet on getting more info on Starions and Conquests I suggest is http://www.tristarion.com/cms/component/op..._smf/Itemid,36/

That message board is dedicated to those cars...I really doubt there is any members here that could answer that question. Good luck.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Starion

Thanks

thanks for the site, really helpful.
    SICK VR4, coming to NYC anytime soon?
    Does is do damage against EVO's?

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar

Re: Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Starion
    thanks for the site, really helpful.
    SICK VR4, coming to NYC anytime soon?
    Does is do damage against EVO's?
    The GVR4 is under the knife right now...some major work is being done to it as we speak. I don't know what it runs now..but the old setup when I got the car the previous owner tracked a best 1/4 time of 12.7. Not sure now...I have done a bit of work to the car, but I really need a suspension. I am trying to set the car up for SCCA racing...I don't really want it to be strictly a drag car.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Re: Starion Help Needed!

First of all i would like to let you all know that DENVER send me here to ask for help regarding my starion.

So help me, it has the 2.6l TURBO G54B.

Tell me if i can use the evo head and what year. also which manifolds should i use, and whats the best set up for safely increasing boost.

thanks in advance
    If I were you, I'd just do the 4g63T swap. Yea your loosing alittle bit of displacement but your gaining the ability to use that tried and true motor. Buscher racing has a section dedicated just to that swap, Im sure I spelled buscher wrong.

my limited memory of the conquest/starion motor is, it shacks itsself apart, every 3-5k your torquin the head bolts. Thats to risky. The lack of injectors makes it unsafe for high boost.. Running only 2 injectors and hopefully all 4 cylinders get equal amounts of fuel..

another problem with that motor was heat, larger radiator, race thermostat and constant replacement of the water pump nothing stops that motor from overheating.

How long have you had that starion?

Starion
    i just got the starion, first time im messing with a mitsubishi. or turbo for that matter of fact.

i have had mostly "muscle" cars. thanks for the info, i think im going to stick with the 2.6l and beef up the internals, maybe bore it to 2.8l and a t3/t4 turbo. i want to be able to hang with vipers.

i know this car is capable of 500 ponies, ive seen it done more than once. im still not sure which route to take and need to make my decision fast!

i just got the starion, first time im messing with a mitsubishi. or turbo for that matter of fact.

i have had mostly "muscle" cars. thanks for the info, i think im going to stick with the 2.6l and beef up the internals, maybe bore it to 2.8l and a t3/t4 turbo. i want to be able to hang with vipers.

i know this car is capable of 500 ponies, ive seen it done more than once. im still not sure which route to take and need to make my decision fast!
    4g63T

Every starion/conquest I've seen and ran with will get to 135mph super quick.. it will take a good mile to get to 150 lol.. ooh but when you stop..overheat..

Starion
    hey i will keep you guys posted on the progress, i am doing all the work quick, i want the car ready for the summer!

Now the other question,

Cadillac Diamond White, with Gold Rims.?

Pearl White, with Black Rims.?

Or do you have another color combination in mind?

just so you know im on tight budget and car is already white.

i was actually thinking of picking up a starion down the road. i've seen some pretty sick ones around here..

btw, most of them had the 4g63t. cant go wrong with that.
    From Boost Addicts to Carbon Fanatics™ www.socalautowerks.com

Censee: Im trying to pimp some hoes for money for the lsd. 3/28/2011
    Cali: Sig 3/28/2011