The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: EVO X concept car

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 41 to 59 of 59
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(4-G-rim)</div><div class='quotemain'>I would just wait till they debut the actual production car EVO. I still believe its all speculation and of course its a concept car, so everything about it is concept even to the technology. I'll just wait till they finally debut the actual production EVO X, then i'll start criticizing. The only thing I am criticizing now is that there is no more 4G63...instead they are replacing it with a 2 liter Aluminum block motor. I'll have to see what this new motor is all about first though before I really start questioning it.</div>
    mitsu is slowly swapping in aluminum for cast iron over time on all their cars.. Mostly as a reponse to people whining about "how heavy" cast iron is (never mind the fact that a cast iron 4 cylinder block only weighs about 75 pounds +/- more than aluminum.

whatever.. I have no doubt the block will be fine, as aluminum is easily strong enough if designed correctly.

the new outlander engine (debuting in fall) is an all new aluminum 3 liter v-6 with mivec. I suspect you'll see a trickle down effect to the rest of thier engines over the next 5 years.

does anybody know what's the deal with 10G? Remember seeing the concept drawing few months back.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kalamidad)</div><div class='quotemain'>i'm wondering how they are squeezing out 350 HP out a that engine. Â*They are limited as to how big the engine can get due to the Ralli standard or some shit.</div> I could have sworn that I read in SCC that Mitsu pulled out of the WRC?

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AVERAGE
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalamidad
    i'm wondering how they are squeezing out 350 HP out a that engine. They are limited as to how big the engine can get due to the Ralli standard or some shit.
    I could have sworn that I read in SCC that Mitsu pulled out of the WRC?
    Yah..Mitsu pulled out of the WRC for now but its very sure they will be back in there once they get some things straight within the company. Though Mitsu pulled out of the WRC...there are private teams still using the EVO as their rallicar and still have to adhere to WRC rules.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

GPTourer
    Quote Originally Posted by manybrews
    Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    An automatic Evo is just outright retarded.
    do you even KNOW how the market works?

sell what people will buy.

Bravo. It isn't like they aren't going to make the manual anymore. And it isn't the first auto Evo. They had the VII GT-A overseas. I like the bodywork. It is aggressive, has that cut roofline and reminds me a lot of what the 8G looks like + Diamantes and older Mirages. The Star Trek interior won't make it into production, that's obvious. But damn, so much hate and misinformation. The reverse engine improves/shortens the path between the power and the ground while mainting the optimum weight distribution.

The car will kick ass, I am sure.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar

i just saw this car in person at MOD06 and i love it. i think i will have one in my garage when the MR edition comes out... it looks so good in person!

that's me in the black shirt and hat on the left. btw.

Having a sportronic tranny vs a standard in the turns are about the same thing, you just dont have to wait on the shift time sir...and YES you can down shift the tranny while cornering...I cant stand driving around in D when I'm in spirited mode as when I go to take off slow then fast it shifts to second first then down shifts again when I flip it over and just leave it through first.
    2004 Mitsubishi Galant LS - 3.8L V6 - "The G" - 14.62 @ 95.52

”Sticks impress high-school kids, autos win races” – Unknown

I too saw this car in person last weekend. It looks way better in person than it does in any pix I ever saw. Same as Reelax, I will have one too...without the wing though. Just the trunk lip.
    Love,
    Matt

Any pics of the rear? looks pretty sweet so far...

they are chaging the leds and some others before they come out in the states. interior will be different as well..kals right. and yes i will be getting one.. but i will still keep the g forever. itll be a classic someday fellas.

Quote Originally Posted by AVERAGE
    Any pics of the rear? looks pretty sweet so far...
    here are some rear and side shots:

nice color.

more pics of the EVOX from MOD'06 via socalevo.net:

damn. 6 piston caliper all around. nice!

for those of you interested, here's the rollout at MMNA R&D at MOD'06:

This is a large file (almost 6MB) so have patience...

http://www.raniworld.com/MOD06pics/MOV01431.MPG

TGC Regular
    Yeah..like this car is gonna go into production :cry:
    Donovan J.

Need something from england..or other eastern nations holla...
    I dont mind looking.

Car: Toyota Soarer GT-T Jspec "Limited"
    Galant: at home chillaxen :(

anyone get a under the hood shot??

Quote Originally Posted by Mante
    anyone get a under the hood shot??
    i don't remember if they even opened the hood once...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123