The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Might be running into a small amount of money soon..

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 63
    galant_got_speed

Might be running into a small amount of money soon..

OK guys...my dad might be gettin a little bit of money from a settlement from his old job...and he said if he can he will give me 1k of whatever he gets...which means i have a little bit to spend on the G...should i get rims..body kit...5 speed swap (can i do it for less than 1k)? So much to do i cant pick just one...and i dont want to save for turbo ive made a decision to stay N/A...i dont want a racer i want a fun daily driver.

any suggestions are cool...

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Wheels or suspension if you havent done it already. $1k for a 5spd swap is pushing it. It can be done, but it would be tough.
    7g for life!

Sounds like a 5 speed swap to me

well if anything is broke on the car get that fixed first and get the maintenance done if it hasn't been done already. no need to hook up a car thats just gonna die on you in the near future.

then after that, im with set, suspension, brakes, wheels. 1k for a body kit can be cutting it close since you still have to get it fitted and painted.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

galant_got_speed
    i also considered another option...finding an eclipse 4 banger 5 speed and trading the G in for it...that way i can use the headers and intake i alrdy have and have a 5 speed without all the hassle of finding parts and getting them installed...

Quote Originally Posted by galant_got_speed
    i also considered another option...finding an eclipse 4 banger 5 speed and trading the G in for it...that way i can use the headers and intake i alrdy have and have a 5 speed without all the hassle of finding parts and getting them installed...

NOOOOOOOOo, keep the G dude..alot more fun to mod
    No man is your friend, No man is your enemy, Every man is your Teacher

galant_got_speed
    Quote Originally Posted by stopfakn

yah but..i dont have the time or the expertise...ya no?

keep the G, Damn it, AND THAT'S THAT

BlackGoose
    '07 Charger SXT

galant_got_speed
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyGoose'01

keep the G, Damn it, AND THAT'S THAT
    hmm..i dont have FULL exhaust yet..just some corny muffler...maybe i should pickup the megan catback..it bolts right on right? ive alrdy got OBX headers to go with it...

save the $1000.00... that really is only a small amount of money. if u have to spend it on ur car, get a system; anything you buy for performance will cost u down the line to repair something it affects... and then u won't b able to aford fixing it and u will be stranded w/ a non-running or poorly running car.

galant_got_speed
    Quote Originally Posted by Reelax
    save the $1000.00... that really is only a small amount of money. if u have to spend it on ur car, get a system; anything you buy for performance will cost u down the line to repair something it affects... and then u won't b able to aford fixing it and u will be stranded w/ a non-running or poorly running car.
    yah that is true, i was out driving after i got out of work today and had my window down and the sunroof open...made me love the G for what it is...it truly is a nice car..very good looking for the price.

Proto

Re: Might be running into a small amount of money soon..

OK guys...my dad might be gettin a little bit of money from a settlement from his old job...and he said if he can he will give me 1k of whatever he gets...which means i have a little bit to spend on the G...should i get rims..body kit...5 speed swap (can i do it for less than 1k)? So much to do i cant pick just one...and i dont want to save for turbo ive made a decision to stay N/A...i dont want a racer i want a fun daily driver.

any suggestions are cool...
    drop, tint.

galant_got_speed

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Proto)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant_got_speed)</div><div class='quotemain'>OK guys...my dad might be gettin a little bit of money from a settlement from his old job...and he said if he can he will give me 1k of whatever he gets...which means i have a little bit to spend on the G...should i get rims..body kit...5 speed swap (can i do it for less than 1k)? So much to do i cant pick just one...and i dont want to save for turbo ive made a decision to stay N/A...i dont want a racer i want a fun daily driver.

any suggestions are cool...</div>

drop, tint.</div>

tint should only cost like 150 right?

where do i take my car for a drop? cuz i cant install the springs and stuff myself...

Proto

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant_got_speed)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Proto)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant_got_speed)</div><div class='quotemain'>OK guys...my dad might be gettin a little bit of money from a settlement from his old job...and he said if he can he will give me 1k of whatever he gets...which means i have a little bit to spend on the G...should i get rims..body kit...5 speed swap (can i do it for less than 1k)? So much to do i cant pick just one...and i dont want to save for turbo ive made a decision to stay N/A...i dont want a racer i want a fun daily driver.

any suggestions are cool...</div>

drop, tint.</div>

tint should only cost like 150 right?

where do i take my car for a drop? cuz i cant install the springs and stuff myself...</div>

tint runs me $183 after taxes. any car repair shop can do the suspension. i took mine to a local import tuning shop, cost me $50 a corner.

galant_got_speed
    ok guys...im kind of excited because my parents were on my computer last night and i just happened to have the tearstone site open with the "budget" turbo kit for 2300+custom midpipe for 200= $2500...

well they told me "Denzel your graduation is coming up soon...we might be able to help you get that turbo thing for your car if you want."

Now im not sure if anyone here has gone non intercooled...is it even a good idea? could i run a low amoutn of boost safely? i can always get a used one for cheaper than the 1200 tearstone is selling for right? I might actually be able to go turbo in a few months!!

ok guys...im kind of excited because my parents were on my computer last night and i just happened to have the tearstone site open with the "budget" turbo kit for 2300+custom midpipe for 200= $2500...

well they told me "Denzel your graduation is coming up soon...we might be able to help you get that turbo thing for your car if you want."

Now im not sure if anyone here has gone non intercooled...is it even a good idea? could i run a low amoutn of boost safely? i can always get a used one for cheaper than the 1200 tearstone is selling for right? I might actually be able to go turbo in a few months!!
    sory to b devil's advocate, but don't turbo on a tight budget. it will not b as simple as u plan and something will put u over budget, like having to replace parts u break or upgrade etc., and if u can't fork up the dough to get it done, u won't have a car to drive.

Being young its hard to save money, but it is always good to have some laying around incase the shit hits the fan. I'd say save most of it.

Experienced TGC Member n3oAcid24's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reelax

sory to b devil's advocate, but don't turbo on a tight budget. it will not b as simple as u plan and something will put u over budget, like having to replace parts u break or upgrade etc., and if u can't fork up the dough to get it done, u won't have a car to drive.
    so true. hey man just do the tranny swap first if your going to go turbo. drop, suspension mods, and tints... all that with your 5speed tranny, you'll be good till you can actually spend some good cash on a turbo set up. my .02
    n3oAcid24 = 01' Galant I4

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    running a turbo without intercooler or water injection? that's like smoking a cigarette while upgrading your fuel pump.

do the 5spd swap. going turbo is going to ruin your engine eventually, unless you spend tons of money on a knock guard system, good tuning, an INTERCOOLER lol and a strong, healthy engine.

in a way, the tranny swap was way more gratifying than my turbo build. i constantly try to convince people the 5spd swap will [literally] change your car life and leave you speechless even a year later at how awesome it is. it's truly mind blowing, but people just don't believe me. it's like when you tell someone you have a rear sway bar and they say they have a rear strut bar and think that it does the same thing i can't even feel my strut bars

ask anyone else who's done it, and they'll advocate you do the 5spd swap before turbo. even with tearstone's "budget" kit (budget and turbo should never ever be in the same paragraph) it's going to cost so much more than a 5spd swap. and you're not adding any power, just unlocking a ton that was already there to begin with. the power difference will have you shitting all over the interior of your car
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Experienced TGC Member n3oAcid24's Avatar
    first of all..... to this commment
    the power difference will have you shitting all over the interior of your car
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

second..... yea you should mos def do the swap.... thats probably going to be my first true performance mod after im done with all my suspension mods....
    n3oAcid24 = 01' Galant I4

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast