The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Might be running into a small amount of money soon..

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Showing results 61 to 63 of 63
    See how the dollars are adding up! And this is just by the book maintenance that has to be done or else you could be left waiting for AAA.
    The $1000 starting to look small.

The timing belt (as previously posted by others and me) should be your first move. Specially if it has not been changed at 60000. Count on someone who knows what they are doing to handle this. I agree with Seth on this. The dealer might be the right place to do this. At this point get friendly with that dealer and ask them to give you a heads up on the status of your engine, tranny, suspension you know (just window shopping).

Detailing 100-150 (see if you can get them to do the engine bay as well and make sure they are professionals) Some car washes will give you discounts if you buy a coupon book of car washes.

Cap stands for: Wires/Distributor Cap/ Rotor (in other words a complete tune up including flushing the coolant system)

Take advantage of freebees. Midas, Speedy, Ntb and many others. They will check the underside of your car (brake, suspension, muffler) for free. They'll print you out an estimate with the info.

Wasnt that $1000 and no alarm? :cry:

But now you are driving a clean like new Galant ready for more stuff.

It can get expensive, unless some how some way you do the stuff yourself. Yet I know that time, know how and a place are always against us. And yeah.
    $$$$$
    8G 4 life!

Mods: CAI,Grounding wires, CCorners, Shaved, 3G STB. AGX/Teins, Addco bar, OZ F1 wheels And well maintained : )

galant_got_speed
    haha man that 1000 looks mighty small now...but if its gunna benefit me in the long run might as well do it while ive got the money...hopefully i get a better job while im in college and ill still be living at home...THATS the time i can be upgrading shit on the G...i almost lost her tonight on my own will..some jackass was riding ym ass on a backroad...it was a 30 zone and i was doing 40 as it was...he was literally like ON my bumper, i ALMOST slammed the brakes and i couldve said hello to a little bit of money...but i didnt wanna put her thru that pain...

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by galant_got_speed
    haha man that 1000 looks mighty small now...but if its gunna benefit me in the long run might as well do it while ive got the money...hopefully i get a better job while im in college and ill still be living at home...THATS the time i can be upgrading shit on the G...i almost lost her tonight on my own will..some jackass was riding ym ass on a backroad...it was a 30 zone and i was doing 40 as it was...he was literally like ON my bumper, i ALMOST slammed the brakes and i couldve said hello to a little bit of money...but i didnt wanna put her thru that pain...
    Are you nuts? You were gonna slam on your brakes? I know that you know better than that

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234