The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Paint my car!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 24

Paint my car!!

Ok, well I'm all kitted up and whatnot. No pics yet, but I need to decide on a color. I was 100% set on black, but now my father had to open his mouth, and now he's got me thinking. We went to the paint store today to get the paint, and I ended up leaving empty handed because I started seriously considering other colors, and I couldn't make a descision. So now I ask you guys...

What color should I go with? Help me out here. Think of G-rim's front end, along with the Invader sides and rear, and an Evo spoiler. What color would look best?

I'm starting to think more and more that red + a CF or black hood would look sweet. Also, a nice blue like Peano's car would be cool too, but I don't want to be a copy cat. White would be nice, but I would have to get different rims if I went that route, because mine just wouldn't work with white. I'm definately not keeping silver, because everyone else in TGCNY has a silver car. I'm starting to think red would be cool more and more, because first of all nearly no one else has red a 7G. The only problem there is the fact that Darkkend is a big player in TGCNY, and he was hanging his hat on a red 7G a long time ago. Again, I don't want to be a copy cat, but his plans are much different from mine for his car so we might be cool there.

Help!!

BMW owner. Galant fanatic.

Stay wit black...it's like a mutiple choice test...go with your first choice...lol

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    I like black...then again I also like white. I dunno, get a color that you will be happy with, you are the one driving the car.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Proto
    evo red!

hey my G is black and when i finish to washed, 3 minutes later is dirty , but i dont care , black is nice color, you have a lot choices with this color :twisted:

JDM front covension Old style vr4,18"axis black seven mod,clifford alarm,egr rear window visor,kenwood unit 7"screen DVD,two tones paint job,3G strut bar , HID's.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar

Black chrome is hot.
    7g for life!

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    Black chrome is hot.</div>

I have to agree with Seth on this one.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

I like the lexus red like this
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2050364

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/750289

cant wait to see the car and may I ask , which body shop are you using?

FOUNDER OF THE EVO WING ON A G GROUP member #1

Red b/c there are not many red Gs out there.

Back from the dead!!!

didnt DJPLAY go red?

Experienced TGC Member njjfudge's Avatar
    I would go with a dark red

2001 w/Old Style VR-4 front conversion

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bezzle)</div><div class='quotemain'>didnt DJPLAY go red?</div>
    First two 7gs with the FMIC are djplays.

Red does look hot, would look sweet with black wheels
    7g for life!

Black man.. u know wat they sya... once u go black.. u never go back..lol..

i really like that black chrome..
    04 Maxima SL in Bronze with Black leather

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    I say go with RED. Just because it isn't as popular in the community you'll just have to cope with the higher insurance.

Thank you for the opinions guys. I have chosen a color. I bought all materials and begun painting today. Something went wrong with the paint, and it fisheyed all over the damn place, so at this very moment the G is sitting in my driveway, all taped up and rosin-papered, half painted. I'm working with ipaintu on solving the issue, and once I figure this out, I will finish painting and post pictures. The color is pretty nice. It's a deep radiant red, and looks great on the car if you squint and kind of look to the side, as to not see all the fuck ups.

Also, being that I just graduated college, my parents have been looking to give me some sort of present. My father just came to me and offered to buy me a Maaco paint job, but it would be one of those $400 jobs. You guys think I should take him up on that, or am I better off doing it myself and saving the money?

I just can't wait to finish this damn project. The exterior anyway. I figure the exterior is the hardest and most expensive part. Next, I work on the interior which only has one or two expensive things to do, the rest is small things or has already been done. After I pimp the interior, I'll do a few performance mods, but nothing out of this world. More than likely I will not be gettin a turbo. I don't think my engine could handle it. I have 146,000+ miles. Now is not the time to bolt on a turbo. An intake, exhaust and a little thing here a little thing there will do just fine for me.

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    If you're good at painting a car then get the money for engine. But if youdon't know squat the get the paint job.

damn allready started painting? I was going to suggest a color called Black Kryptonite one of my impala buddies put together, its black basecoat with kandy green pearl over it look here http://www.cardomain.com/ride/560725/9 but dont worry about the red were going to different routes so it wouldnt be too bad.

Its black in the dark and green in the light.
    Signature wanted call: 1800-Darkkend

<a>Take Better Photoshots Tips from the Pro's</a>

While I already have a thread open lemmie ask opinions of a few of you guys...

I have some badges. I was thinking for my rear, on the left side I'd have a red diamond star, and right next to it an MMC emblem. Then, on the other side, should I put anything? I have some 6G 'GALANT' insignias, should I put one of those on the right side, like it was on the 6G? That, or should I leave nothing there at all, and simply put 8G chrome 'G A L A N T' lettering where the old grey plastic ones were?

7g for life!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast