The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: and this thing under Pedro's bumper is...

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18

and this thing under Pedro's bumper is...

i want it...

BlackGoose
    '07 Charger SXT

it's called a splitter.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Reelax)</div><div class='quotemain'>it's called a splitter.</div> what is it for?
    R.I.P. My fellow Galant owner. May God be with you and your family.

It looks cool

There are even original Mitsubishi corner splitters available. A friend of mine here in Sweden managed to get his hands on an accessories catalogue where, among other things, these splitters were available.

I'll dig up a picture for you once the damn site is up again.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Reelax)</div><div class='quotemain'>it's called a splitter.</div>

i thought the black piece in the corner was called a splitter. so the black piece UNDER the front bumper is called a splitter too?

where can i get it from? cause i froogled it and it couldnt find it

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The F.B.I)</div><div class='quotemain'>what is it for?</div>

it's to protect the bottom of the bumper. it's alot cheaper to replace the splitter than the bumper.

but yeah it does look cool 8)

BlackGoose
    '07 Charger SXT

they have um all over.body kit accessories.theyre called splitters or canards...i personally dont know the difference.u can find them in CF as well.and people like to use those 3-6" silver rods to show um off.i plan on getting a set for myself once i get kitted because most driveways/entrance ramps are meant for 4x4s nowadays.

ie.

Here's a pic of the original Mitsu splitter on this guys car:

Please note that these are original Mitsubishi brand parts.

[edit]Holy fuck that's a big picture, hope I didn't kill anyone's 56k biatch [/edit]

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GreyGoose'01)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Reelax)</div><div class='quotemain'>it's called a splitter.</div>

i thought the black piece in the corner was called a splitter. so the black piece UNDER the front bumper is called a splitter too?

where can i get it from? cause i froogled it and it couldnt find it

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The F.B.I)</div><div class='quotemain'>what is it for?</div>

it's to protect the bottom of the bumper. it's alot cheaper to replace the splitter than the bumper.

but yeah it does look cool 8)</div>

The ones on the side (small ones) are called "CANARDS" and the piece that runs the lenght of the bumpper with those support struts are called SPLITTERS"

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SkylineG1)</div><div class='quotemain'>The ones on the side (small ones) are called "CANARDS" and the piece that runs the lenght of the bumpper with those support struts are called SPLITTERS"</div>
    Yup, exactly.

By the way, neither one is just for looks. They are both used for downforce. And the silver rods you see connecting splitters to bumpers is not to look even cooler. Those rods are so you can adjust the angle of the splitter for different levels of downforce. Although, they really don't function unless you are racing around a track pretty fast.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    I've always liked splitters as well but dont think I can pull it off w. jus a lip on the front

oic
    R.I.P. My fellow Galant owner. May God be with you and your family.

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    Those mitsubishi Splitters look like a lip kit. i'm not sure i like those. But in any event. Yeah, i've always liked those too. I'd forgotten i wanted some...ha ha.

David, i agree with what you say, but i consider those more of an show item because like you said, it doesn't really do much unless you're going pretty fast.

What's a good price range for these?

ARel, i don't know, you may be able to pull off the splitter, i don't know about the canards.
    -Pedro

Virginia (If I showed you where I live, you would think I was hiding)
    that's what i need. i want a body kit and i plan on dropping my car, but where i live, if i actually kitted and lowered, the roads would snatch da kit right off. i think i'll do that, get a front and rear lip/splitter, whatever it is.

To Be Missed....... Otto Racing WAI, K&N Air Filter, Otto Racing Performance Muffler, Header, GReddy Voltage Stabilizer, Strut Bar, APC Aluminum Shifter, Painted Calipers, M3 Mirrors, Optix Headlight Strobes, Audiovox 7.5" DVD Player/Monitor, JVC SD11 Headunit, Pioneer Premier 6x9s, Pioneer Premier 6 1/2s, 12' Rockford Fosgate Punch HX, Lanzar 1200W Amp.

Anyone know any Canards or Splitters that will fit on the 8G 02+ bumper?

I was thinking about getting a VR4 style lip, but they dont seem to be made anymore.

Virginia (If I showed you where I live, you would think I was hiding)
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Xrs2)</div><div class='quotemain'>Anyone know any Canards or Splitters that will fit on the 8G 02+ bumper?

I was thinking about getting a VR4 style lip, but they dont seem to be made anymore.</div>

that's the same one i want. i can't find as cheap as i want though. i might as well get the bmx kit off on andysautosport.

To Be Missed....... Otto Racing WAI, K&N Air Filter, Otto Racing Performance Muffler, Header, GReddy Voltage Stabilizer, Strut Bar, APC Aluminum Shifter, Painted Calipers, M3 Mirrors, Optix Headlight Strobes, Audiovox 7.5" DVD Player/Monitor, JVC SD11 Headunit, Pioneer Premier 6x9s, Pioneer Premier 6 1/2s, 12' Rockford Fosgate Punch HX, Lanzar 1200W Amp.

yea splitters are cool for people that suffer from horrible city streets that are even scrapin their stock bumpers on stock suspension.they cost nearly the same as a lip.

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kalamidad)</div><div class='quotemain'>What's a good price range for these?</div>

They can get real expensive. I've seen one go for $350 but it was full carbon fiber and came with four strut adjusters.

Censee
    u would think the splitter doesnt do much and just for looks,,but it has saved my bumper a couple of times,,and the cf weave is extremey strong on mine...and when the car is driving u see the rods actually moving a bit,because they have spring adjusters inside them .....so maybe they have a bit of downforce...