The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 7g mpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 37
    xSILENTx

7g mpg

What kind of mpg do do you guy get with the early model 7g's? i'm looking into getting a car to drive to work so it'll most likely be a high mileage 94 or 95. I dont think i ever even thought about how many i used to get with my 98.

Proto
    with my new exhaust setup and shortram/cai when its not raining i get about 200-250 miles to half a tank.

Experienced TGC Member
    What he is not telling you is that you do get 200-250 on the first half a tank but you still dont even get 300 out of the whole tank.....

Proto
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shadow19)</div><div class='quotemain'>What he is not telling you is that you do get 200-250 on the first half a tank but you still dont even get 300 out of the whole tank.....</div>

no thats FROM near 3/4's tank not a full tank. i never top my gas tank off unless im traveling. i dont know what the fuck is wrong with your car but get it fixed. i can get over 450 to a full tank.

galant_got_speed
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Proto)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shadow19)</div><div class='quotemain'>What he is not telling you is that you do get 200-250 on the first half a tank but you still dont even get 300 out of the whole tank.....</div>

no thats FROM near 3/4's tank not a full tank. i never top my gas tank off unless im traveling. i dont know what the fuck is wrong with your car but get it fixed. i can get over 450 to a full tank.</div>

is it not good to top off ur tank or do u do it for weight purposes?

Experienced TGC Member
    Well ive had alot of shit done to it.. And i still dont even get 300 mpg.... I think its time to clean the fuel system. But hell if i can get more out of this car than what i get tell me what the fuck i can do. Cause all the ppl ive talked to tell me they get like 270 to the fillup.

xSILENTx
    How big are the gas tanks?

Experienced TGC Member
    16.9 gallons but from E to F is like 12 and some change

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    I got 375 miles for my 8G 7 then the gas light came on. But also note that I was prolly doing 80mph for about 300 of those.

Proto
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant_got_speed)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Proto)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shadow19)</div><div class='quotemain'>What he is not telling you is that you do get 200-250 on the first half a tank but you still dont even get 300 out of the whole tank.....</div>

no thats FROM near 3/4's tank not a full tank. i never top my gas tank off unless im traveling. i dont know what the fuck is wrong with your car but get it fixed. i can get over 450 to a full tank.</div>

is it not good to top off ur tank or do u do it for weight purposes?</div>

once the handle pops thats topping it off. when you keep squeezing its pointless. i dont race my car so weight doesnt bother me. on a normal day i drive 2 miles total. to work, home for lunch, back to work, then home. but on the weekends i drive like theres no tomorrow. a normal weekend i put over 200 miles on my car.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shadow19)</div><div class='quotemain'>Well ive had alot of shit done to it.. And i still dont even get 300 mpg.... I think its time to clean the fuel system. But hell if i can get more out of this car than what i get tell me what the fuck i can do. Cause all the ppl ive talked to tell me they get like 270 to the fillup.</div>

Well I have replaced both O2 sensors, All new exhaust system so no leaks, cleaned the TB good, PCV valve, Lucas Fuel System Cleaner, etc. Its all in good maintence.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    On my 96 Galant (5 speed) I was getting about 22-23mpg when it wasn't turbo. Though...when I turbo'ed the car I am getting 24-26 mpg, but that normal driving off heavy load and boost MOST of the time.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

I'll mention my freak car, though it skews the data:

38 mpg on average up to a max of 42 strictly highway driving. Lowest recorded was 28 mpg driving around in ATL for an entire day.

I have no idea how far I can go on a tank of gas, I usually fill up when I get to 1/4 tank

that ~3/4 of a tank gets me ~450 miles or roughly 1 week's worth of driving.
    Staying busy is important. After all, idle hands spend time at the genitles.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(98ACR)</div><div class='quotemain'>I'll mention my freak car, though it skews the data:

38 mpg on average up to a max of 42 strictly highway driving. Lowest recorded was 28 mpg driving around in ATL for an entire day.

I have no idea how far I can go on a tank of gas, I usually fill up when I get to 1/4 tank

that ~3/4 of a tank gets me ~450 miles or roughly 1 week's worth of driving.</div>

:shock: Dude..your MPG is just as good as most of the "ECO friendly" cars today if not better.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    I get about 250 or so miles per tank. Not toooo bad.
    7g for life!

I get about 19.23 mpg which is about 250 mile or so. I am not sure how far I can go cuz my gas gauge doesnt work. But when I go on a trip I still get about 260 miles or so (again not sure how much further I can go) doing 100mph the whole time. I have a new engine, synthetic oil, intake, full exhaust.

Proto, I think your car is an enigma. You sure about that mileage? Do you zero out when you get gas?

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

Proto
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(evil-G-nius (aka Kimya))</div><div class='quotemain'>I get about 19.23 mpg which is about 250 mile or so. I am not sure how far I can go cuz my gas gauge doesnt work. But when I go on a trip I still get about 260 miles or so (again not sure how much further I can go) doing 100mph the whole time. I have a new engine, synthetic oil, intake, full exhaust. Â*

Proto, I think your car is an enigma. You sure about that mileage? Do you zero out when you get gas?</div>

yep the GS is right above E right now, too damn tired after driving 147 miles tonight on 3 hours of sleep to go fill it up.

i get about 260-270 which is not that bad
    1994 GS DOHC 2.4L 5spd (For Sale)
    1996 S SOHC 2.4L 5spd (Up and Running)

About 400 before but much less now
    No man is your friend, No man is your enemy, Every man is your Teacher

worst i had was 220.. on a full with regular..and the best was around 320.. for those of u who have an 8g and get like 300+.. is it mostly highways..
    04 Maxima SL in Bronze with Black leather

galant_got_speed
    my gas mileage sucks...i use regular and get like 25mpg mixed...but im a leadfoot too...i get about 300 a tank if not a little less...i have intake and muffler as mods...so nothing too serious...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast