The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Heater control stuck on cold....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 34 of 34
    you may be able to hear it moving but it may not actually be "moving". mine wasnt. i dont know why its broke but it probably has to do with it being cheap plastic

2011 Camry- 202 miles- just picked up 9/10/10
    2008 Pontiac G6- 26,065 miles- traded in
    1999 Galant ES- 91,846 miles- long gone

did ur temp. wheel jammed when u tried to turn it???
    if u force it to turn there should be a loud click ,

like u said, maybe it broke

i need to remove the dash again anyways this summer,

il just endure it till then

2002 blue G RIP07
    2003 grey G with the heart of an Evo 8
    1999 beige G . winter beater and well its beige

its right by the gas pedal. im not sure what happened to it but it wasnt spinning when you turn the control from hot too cold.

you are right you should be able to hear it when it is turning. if you dont hear anything then the little know is not turning

2011 Camry- 202 miles- just picked up 9/10/10
    2008 Pontiac G6- 26,065 miles- traded in
    1999 Galant ES- 91,846 miles- long gone

well i removed my dash again

removed my temp control unit and checked the wires & harness

everything was good , i could see the white plastic swivle piece, it moved but to any spot it was i couldnt see any change in the temperature.

when i did my tranny swap, could i have broken my thermostat, i know its not close or nothing, but maybe the hits the engine took from the mis-shift the vavle got stuck

or the heat sensor thats inside the heater unit

any of you all had any thermostat problems on your G's?

2002 blue G RIP07

Experienced TGC Member
    Well my problem was that my Heat wouldnt work if i turned the dial from blue to red. If i startup my car wit hthe dial already on red, the heat will usually work. However if i turn the dial from red to blue, and back to red...the heat wont work. Only the cold air will. Thats why my dial has been on heat for the past couple of months.

well it might be the heat sensor , or thermostat . did u check if your plastic bracket ( the ones thats connected to the control temp wheel ) if it turns back and forth as you move the wheel from blue to red then its probably a screwed sensor

2002 blue G RIP07

well it turns out that the wire behind the temp wheel wasnt in the right place so the bracket wasnt going back and forth correctly.

FIXED!!!

2002 blue G RIP07

if there is any other issues with this, i used a locking washer on mine and you can't turn it back and forth real fast... that'll jsut wear down the teeth on the crappy plastic paddle. Locking washer worked like a charm, and it was like $0.07 :)

Dc sports Header
    N1 exhaust
    Megan Springs
    Falken ZE512 225/40/18
    18" Motegi DP6
    Cross drilled slotted rotors
    Night shade tail lights
    Cleared Corners

Next...going in today...
    Dvd Player
    New infinity speakers

The same thing happened to me last month and I got it fixed at the dealership. The heater control motor was $130.00 and the labor was $130.00 (2 hours).

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boochieboy View Post
    The same thing happened to me last month and I got it fixed at the dealership. The heater control motor was $130.00 and the labor was $130.00 (2 hours).
    I paid $5.99 for the part at a junkyard and will be doing the labor myself

i just got the same thing its blowing cold air will see tomorrow what i can do
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeiaire View Post
    i know a guy that saw a guy that knew a guy that once passed by a car that had been painted. Ill ask him tomorrow after consulting my magic ball to determine WHERE YOU LIVE in proximity to a paint shop NEAR WHERE YOU LIVE..................

Experienced TGC Member
    *bump

RastaAlejandro
    i just got my membership for the no heat club this week :( ..... so i was thinking it was the shut off valve thingy that regulates the temp in the engine because my temp. gauge has been jumping up and down lately..... but if all i have to to is turn something by the gas pedal then i'm set......

I'm in the club as well... just bought a used 2002 GTZ and the heat worked only once (and sure enough it was when my buddy the car expert turned the dial). I tried it the next day and nothing. Cranked it hard from hot to cold, cranked it fast, cranked it slow, and no matter what nothing but cold air came out.

If anyone could please PM me any advice (ie more detail than what was posted) I'd really appreciate it. I'm basically car retarded [turns in mancard]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12