The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Finalizing my turbo setup

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
    M&T Designs

Finalizing my turbo setup

I have a 95 5 speed Galant, and I am set on boosting it this summer.

My plan is to get a 2g eclipse turbo manifold, a 16g, o2 housing, ebay fmic, ebay piping, tubo xs BOV, walbro 255, and some good 550cc injectors. Boost and EGT gauges also. SAFC 2 for fuel management.

I hear the 16g's internal wastegate is set at 8 psi. That should be plenty for stock internals. Just looking to get a little more power before I overhaul.

When I get the money I am going to rebuild the engine and tranny. Then I can simply get a boost controller when I get everything setup. Then crank it up and retune.

Now as far as injectors go I am confused. Are high ohm injectors used on the 7g Galant? Are there performance differences between high ohm and low ohm injectors?

Would I be better off getting some low ohm injectors and using a resistor pack, or just getting some really expensive high ohm injectors and not hacking up my wiring? I am experienced with wiring, but is it really worth the trouble?

Am I forgeting anything?

Thanks in advance.

its a fairly straight forward mod to wire in a resistor pack. if you are good with wiring you could do it in about 1.5 hours.
    there are diagrams all over for it.
    i would just start with some cheap DSM 450cc injectors. you won't run out of fuel at 8 psi of boost.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

M&T Designs
    I'll have to find a diagram.

Thanks

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Also may as well go with a 2.5" tubular o2 housing, dont want to boost creep on a stock motor.
    7g for life!

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Does the Turbo XS BOV have a recirculating fitting? Some BOV don't have a recirculating accessory to add or you will have to fabricate one like I did for my Blitz. You will have to vent back into your intake if you want your car to run right.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

M&T Designs
    I have it go into the intake before the MAS right? Why can't I just have it vent to atmosphere?

EDIT: I searched, and I guess if I don't the motor will run rich. Can't I just compensate for this with the SAFC?

Thanks for helping out everyone.

Galant98ES
    Quote Originally Posted by M&T Designs
    I have it go into the intake before the MAS right? Why can't I just have it vent to atmosphere?

EDIT: I searched, and I guess if I don't the motor will run rich? Can't I just compensate for this with the SAFC?

Thanks for helping out everyone.
    You would need a gm maf and maft that the DSM guys use to vent.

M&T Designs
    I think I'll just have to fab up something for the Turbo XS BOV.

EDIT: I found one for recirculation.

Also, does anyone know of a good 3 inch downpipe that I can get? Should I just have one made?

Galant98ES
    You can get them on ebay for cheap.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Get an eBay 2g GST downpipe. Most of them go from 2.5" at the next to 3" flexpipe back, perfect to mate up to a 2.5" tubular o2 housing. My downpipe was only $120 shipped and its great quality.
    7g for life!

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    I am using a Megan Racing SS downpipe for 2g FWD's. Fits perfectly...just have to do minor fabrication for the exhaust mount points which a exhaust shop could do easily.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Quote Originally Posted by 4-G-rim
    I am using a Megan Racing SS downpipe for 2g FWD's. Fits perfectly...just have to do minor fabrication for the exhaust mount points which a exhaust shop could do easily.
    mine required zero modification. bolted right up to my stock cat back and polyurethane hangers. lined up perfectly with my both of my tubular o2 housings..

mine was a tsudo downpipe. exactly the same as meagan i'm sure. nice thick polished mandrel bent stainless. beautiful welds.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

M&T Designs
    So some of the ebay stuff isn't bad.

I am going with the evo 16g.

http://www.slowboyracing.com/more.php?id=52&