The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: What is this?? Please help! 56k Come on in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 38

What is this?? Please help! 56k Come on in.

Ok let me try and make this long story short. -
    When I got my springs in...a guy that USE to be in our carclub offered to put them on for me... He said he did his own... and is not that hard at all.. I left my car with him.... He lowered it...and we left it at that... UNTILL NOW...

Lately i've been hearing a wierd noise coming from my front driverside tire... I havent had a chance to look @ it...untill today...when this part BROKE.

Any information will be lots of help (name of part...use etc.)... I don't even know where to start....
    Click on thumbnails for full version!

I pulleld out my box with the factory suspension...and I found THIS! What the hell... Luckily I don't talk to this guy or he would be hearing it from me :evil:
    From looking @ the other side it looks like it should go here/.... right??

ipaintu
    yeah i broke one right after i lowered my car. Its a dealer item only and cost like 37.00 bucks..

It took 2 jacks and 10 mins..... easy as hell..

Good Luck..

Quote Originally Posted by ipaintu
    yeah i broke one right after i lowered my car. Its a dealer item only and cost like 37.00 bucks..

It took 2 jacks and 10 mins..... easy as hell..

Good Luck..
    Really?? What's the part called?? Should I NOT drive my car at all untill I replace it?? :?

Thanx alot for any comments!

ipaintu
    naaa i drove for about aweek while it came in.. Its a stabilzer bar. If you turn hard on either way it will stab the wall , you can see that from the scars...

Its really easy tho.. I tho am now haven issues with that side shock. So i got the struts from pru.. I have a popping in that side.. So time maybe important.

Quote Originally Posted by ipaintu
    .. I have a popping in that side.. So time maybe important.
    I'm confused...lol so i could drive it.. or I shouldnt???

and when I purchase the stablizer bar...does it come with the screw and the bar????
    Looks broken..

Thanks again

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Thats the endlink that connects the strut to the front sway bar. Definitely would get that fixed!

Mitsu part numbers:
    Left: MR297333
    Right: MR333763

$15 part from https://www.mitsubishiparts.com/oe_parts_catalog.html
    7g for life!

ipaintu
    yes I drove mine..

I have issue now with the shock.. did this do the damage... I dont know..

take that as you need it...

Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    Thats the endlink that connects the strut to the front sway bar. Definitely would get that fixed!

Mitsu part numbers:
    Left: MR297333
    Right: MR333763

$15 part fromhttps://www.mitsubishiparts.com/oe_parts_catalog.html
    Thanks man.... So once I purchase this part....it will come with everything I need... the Stabilizer bar as well as the endlinks? It looks like the guy that dropped it is using something else besides the actual endlink...?

You broke the end link. The endlink is a seperate peice from the sway bar. If the sway bar is broken you may as well get the works aftermarket swaybar. Energy suspension makes a set of endlinks but you dont look like you are into the performance at all so OEM would work fine.
    7g for life!

Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    You broke the end link. The endlink is a seperate peice from the sway bar. If the sway bar is broken you may as well get the works aftermarket swaybar. Energy suspension makes a set of endlinks but you dont look like you are into the performance at all so OEM would work fine.
    I was meaning the Stabilizer bar...That is broken....right....as well as the ''endlinks'' from when I first lowered the car... the guy used something else in its place...

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    what you have broken is the end link. That is all you need as far as what i deduced from the pics

From the pics the sway bar looks fine but I cant tell if its cracked or not. Just looks like the end link busted. And what else would he use instead of the endlink? Your not making any sense.

Picture from CAPs how it all goes together. Endlink is highlighted in red and the sway bar is the long bar that connects the struts.
    7g for life!

when i installed my suspension.. they told me i was missing some kind bar like that .. does the stabilizer bar come in the rear too? or only in the front?.. the guy told me "u are missing some kind of bar which supports the suspension/shocks".. and he mention only for the rear so.. i am lost too.. is there anythin like that?

Eh I think he just thought there should be a rear sway bar. You have an i4 correct? I dont think they have a factory rear sway bar. Could be mistaken though, not familiar with the 8g.
    7g for life!

seth if u askin me .. i just got the addco sway replaced wit my oem one. i have an 2000 I4..... the guys sayin some like a bar goin parallel to ur shocks or something like that .. help the whole setup to be straight or something..

suspension

was it a sway bar link

Endlinks would go almost parallel, sway bar would be perpendicular with the shocks.
    7g for life!

i guess for my problem i will have to post some pics.. u can help 02on19's... sorry to jack ur thread..

lol it's cool......
    Im pretty sure 2 parts are broken..
    1st part is this.. It happend when I put my springs in a while back...

The guy that did it for me...im guessing used another type of bolt instead of the part pictured above.

2nd part is the Stabilizer bar
    it was still connected..untill today...I'm guessing it broke off..It's not connected to the top bolt at all

Thanks again.. for all the help.. 8)

The first pic that you just posted is the end of the stabilizer link. The ends are like a ball and socket deal so that it can move with the flex of the car. When i did my suspension the assembly twisted and popped the end out and it looked like yours.Its not going to mess anything up to drive with it like that, at least thats what the dealership guy told me. The sway bar just isn't connected to anything on that side. Just unscrew the bottom nut and take the bar off so it isn't hanging and hitting the car. It's a very easy fix. Cost me $27 from the dealership. Torque the bolts to 27ftlbs. And yes the stabilizer link is the bar and the ends pre greased and with the dust covers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast