The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: What is this?? Please help! 56k Come on in.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 38 of 38
    So I need to by the stabilizer...and It will be OK to drive untill then???...

This is the part I am talking about that the original part wasnt used on..

ipaintu
    thats all one piece tho....

Yes but i took mine off and just ordered 2 new bolts...

its easy tho..

TGC Regular
    TIP:
    If you need to replace the stabalizer link make sure you have both sides of the car (right and left front) jacked up to about the same heigth... otherwise you will have a hell of a time trying to get it to fit on there right.

Need some paint or bodywork done in Chicagoland or NW Indiana???.. http://www.alsautobodyexperts.com/

^Mine went on easy with just one side up. Yes, all you need to buy is the stabilizer link. Unless theres something wierd that he did that you cant tell from the pictures. Thats what the dealer calls it too so they should know what your talking about when you call to order it. As long as you take what is still on there off it will be fine to drive.

EDIT. If you don't still have the nut from the end piece when you first did the suspension still, you may need one. Take the one the guy used and check it with the good end of the piece that is broke. If it doesn't work order one with the link.

which side did you need? i have a spare passenger side stabilizer link lying around from when i chaned mine out... let me know $5 and it's yours

ipaintu
    Quote Originally Posted by thebirdman13
    which side did you need? i have a spare passenger side stabilizer link lying around from when i chaned mine out... let me know $5 and it's yours

dammm you da man......

Thanks for everyone's help - The dealer is tryin to charge me $56 per SIDE... Just for the part..
    So I'lll be ordering it from
    https://www.mitsubishiparts.com/oe_parts_catalog.html (thanx for the link)

The guy I was talking to suggest that I DO NOT DRIVE it untill it's replaced... The part should be here by Friday.... Will I be ok?? Is there a chance that something might happen??

Thanks everyone

think about this. its been broke since you lowered your car. if something else is gonna break or get damaged it should have already happened.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

I was thinkin about the same...but when I first lowered the car...I'm guessing the part was LOOSE...but now... It is BROKEN and hanging...
    Do I do like everyone says..just take it off untill i replace it :? ?
    Thanks

Experienced TGC Member
    oh i thought that was swaybar link?

i drove with both of mine broken for about 4 months... not good, but didn't hurt anything.... new ones definately helped though... and it is a stabilizer link at least that's what mitsu has printed on the plastic packing... and if anyone needs this passenger one, like i said, $5 PLUS shipping and it's yours, forgot to add the plus shipping, which probably wouldn't be more than $5 or so...

yea after talkin to the mits. dealership - the guy says the part is the Stabilizer Link.. . He says...that it won't be good on the Tire...probably wear it down alot faster. So I'm ordering one and hopefully it will be here by friday...

Birdman...the one you have is it new or used??

Yeah, it's the stabalizer end link, not the stabalizer bar. Reading this thread, I was getting worried you might buy the wrong part since nobody was clearly telling you what it was. You shouldn't have any problems driving with it as long as you tie/tape the link down so it doesn't rub up against your tire or anything else. Without the link connected, your handling will slightly decrease, but probably not enough to notice unless you fly around turns.

Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    Eh I think he just thought there should be a rear sway bar. You have an i4 correct? I dont think they have a factory rear sway bar. Could be mistaken though, not familiar with the 8g.
    All 8Gs except the "DE" trim had rear sway bars.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    I dont think I could have been any more clear:

Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    Thats the endlink that connects the strut to the front sway bar. Definitely would get that fixed!

Mitsu part numbers:
    Left: MR297333
    Right: MR333763

$15 part fromhttps://www.mitsubishiparts.com/oe_parts_catalog.html
    7g for life!

lol seth
    and it's brand new in plastic.... and it's for the passenger side

Quote Originally Posted by 02on19s
    I was thinkin about the same...but when I first lowered the car...I'm guessing the part was LOOSE...but now... It is BROKEN and hanging...
    Do I do like everyone says..just take it off untill i replace it :? ?
    Thanks
    if thats the case, then your car is amazing. i mean if my car broke im pretty sure it wouldn't put the broken parts in a box for me.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    Seems that the price bumped up a bit on em, 16.79 now. Birdman you still got that pass. Link? I got my alignment/camber kit/tire replaced today and the noise I been hearing for about 3 years now has been my broken driver side stabilizer link hitting my axle from time to time, especially when I turned it all the way to one side reversing outta a parking spot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12