The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Things to do with $2500

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 30

Things to do with $2500

Hi. I'm currently only 15 but soon I will be getting my sisters's (she doesn't even drive it!) 2000 Galant GTZ. With 2500 dollars to spend, what do you guys recommend I do to the car? (appearance wise as a priorty...although boosting a few 10-20 hp would be nice too)

Thanks in advance! =)

Dave4013
    Drive it as-is and save the money for something else. Seriously. Invest it in blue chip stocks. Buy a certificate of deposit. Anything but dumping it into the car. You won't get any return on the money. If it's a 2000 GTZ, it's just fine as it sits.

You'll thank yourself later.

Senior TGC Member
    Gimme the cash...I know what's best.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

lol guys. come on. im really interested in what i can do with 2500. im leaning towards a body kit and maybe a few engine parts. but im a dumb 15yr old. so you tell me. =)

Kingman
    quick way:

Rims w/ tires 18" - $1400+
    Coilovers - $ 150
    Injen Intake - $ 220
    RPW Headers - $ 600

$2370

Add in a Carbon Fiber hood for $500 and you are at 2870. BTW all my lister prices should include shipping.

If you want looks, put it into wheels, tint, hiper-white headlights, fogs, dome lights, vanity mirror lights, interior neon lights, new gauges, new shift knob and e-brake to match, pedals, engine dress ups... for performance, intake, muffler, tip. You have to decide what you want to accomplish with that budget. Weigh what changes you think will get you the most enjoyment. I would not go with a body kit b/c that's a huge budget and that's just me. I think the stock '00 GTZ looks good already. And depending on what wheels and tires, that might be a big expense too. As for other things that you don't see, you might seriously think about replacing the rotors too. The stock ones just suck and if you are experiencing braking vibrations, that should be pretty high on your list as far as safety goes.

I wish I had $2500 to spend on my ride

[size=10]<span style='color:white'>. . . .</span>

how much are installion of body kits?

Black2k1GTZ
    All depenmds on where you go. Since alot of the body kits for the 8g are based on JDM (japanese) Galants, there is always a space between the top of the bumper and the lights. So if you want that filled then it will be alot more...

Marc :mg:

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave4013
    Drive it as-is and save the money for something else. Seriously. Invest it in blue chip stocks. Buy a certificate of deposit. Anything but dumping it into the car. You won't get any return on the money. If it's a 2000 GTZ, it's just fine as it sits.

You'll thank yourself later.

That is the funniest shit i heard all day :lauging: :lauging:

i would say;

18" rims $1400
    lowering springs + install $500
    AEM cai $300
    performance muffler + install $200

then $100 worth of decals...lol forget the decals. sign up on paypal and send me your money.
    ...whats a teenager's car without blue bulbs? gotta clear the corners too.

GREEN is the new BLACK

WannaGTZ
    Flip out tv with one in each head rest. If not that rims and tint and a system. If you need stuff for a system let me no

Dave4013
    Just trying to do the guy a favor. I guess when I was 15 (it's hard to remember that far back) I would want to spend the cash too.

I have to laugh when I see some kid driving a Cavalier with a huge aluminum wing and a goofy body kit. In ten years, they'll look at the photos and wish somebody would have kicked their ass for doing that. Unless, of course, they are then driving a Civic with a huge wing and a goofy body kit.

Tiller
    well, noone os going to talk you outta blowing the money, so you may as well get a nice set of rims and a drop... tat will pretty much eat up your $2500...

Just buy a used rims but new tires and that'll save u more money, so u can get more stuff
    Sex is when a guys information
    enters a girls communication
    to increase the population
    for a younger generation
    do you get the information...
    or do you need a demonstration ??

ok guys he's only 15....think 15 year old.

tints 80-200
    stereo with the bass bass booty mix cd in it 800
    different spoiler 300
    and some rims for 1k
    muffler for some sound 200

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Lowered The Car, Get some new shocks,Get some tints , Intake, And exhaust, and save the rst of the money
    Gd Luck!

Supernova
    I have $80. XD

I want to do so much, but I have so little...

I think at 15 , you still have 1 yr to research...

Appearance will be better, since when you first start to drive, even a bycicle seems fast already !

get 18's and drop springs or adjustable springs and if you have anything left, get a muffler and cat back piping. that should get you started just fine. umm you could spend a grip of money on other stuff since u'll never b finished but those are the first 3 things i would do w/ $2500.

MnGalant
    I think you will be happy with the performance of the gtz. You arent going to need any more power till you know how to handle it. But if you still want some more power do some tranny work, bullet proof it and throw in a converter. Your alittle short on money for a turbo. And you really wont notice 10 to 20 horse if you havent been driving the car for a while.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast