The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: What made you buy a G instead...?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 46

What made you buy a G instead...?

I remember when I was looking for a car in 03, Accord, Camry, Galant were all contenders. I landed my 01 with 8000 miles for 10g. Couldn't be happier and now 3 years later I'm just wondering why you went for a Galant instead of the others.

For me I liked the aggressive look and I thought the price was a steal. Nothing against Hondas and Toyotas =X

Re: What made you buy a G instead...?

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator
    For me I liked the aggressive look and I thought the price was a steal. Nothing against Hondas and Toyotas =X
    x2 i like the aggressive wide look it has...
    R.I.P. My fellow Galant owner. May God be with you and your family.

rewind back to 99... what was out there, 4 door camry, 4 door accord, galant. the camry was booty and everyone had an accord so there u go.

It was what carmax would let me have with my credit

I've had 2 galants before this one. So when it came time to look for a projectcar. I chose a galant. Paid 10grand w/ 12k on the dash for it and never regretted it.
    No man is your friend, No man is your enemy, Every man is your Teacher

Everyone complains about terrible resale value, well I got mine used for an awesome price, so I'm not complaining.

I got it for what the dealer traded it in for.

Honda accord or camrey...Every indian i kno has either of the two, so i choice the G
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

It was a gift.................... Cant argue with free

I like the front style of the g (its like BMW but thats not important for me ).

Quote Originally Posted by IceDouTGaLanT
    Honda accord or camrey...Every indian i kno has either of the two, so i choice the G
    Exactly. :laughing:

Fell in love first look.

Came out of a store and saw a black one. GTZ I think. Look hotter than any new Honda or Camry at the time. And now with the body kits etc...

Ive owned two and Im clear on this:

8G4life! :thumbsup:
    8G 4 life!

Mods: CAI,Grounding wires, CCorners, Shaved, 3G STB. AGX/Teins, Addco bar, OZ F1 wheels And well maintained : )

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Before driving the Galant I test drove:
    -95 Civic 4dr 5spd
    -00 Cougar 5spd
    -96 Tiburon 5spd

And as soon as I drove the Galant I knew it was the car I wanted. None of the previous cars compared to it
    7g for life!

I drove a 2001 Civic, Accord, Malibu, Camry, S10 Xtreme, Celica GTS, Jetta GLS, Escape.....basically anything between $18,000-25,000. The Galant stuck out because of the styling and the review in Car & Driver earlier that year where the Galant bested the Accord and the Camry.

Calipso
    I was getting either a Galant, Grand Am, or Camry. The Grand Am had NO leg room and no space inside. The Camry didn't impress me. While the Galant kept my attention and it drove smoothly.

As many problems as I've had with the Galant, I don't regret buying it in the long run. 25k miles when I bought it, now up to 85k. I'll probably drive this car till I die. 8)

Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    Before driving the Galant I test drove:
    -95 Civic 4dr 5spd
    -00 Cougar 5spd
    -96 Tiburon 5spd

And as soon as I drove the Galant I knew it was the car I wanted. None of the previous cars compared to it
    You drove a Tiburon and didnt like it? Wow. I was presently surprised when i drove one a few years ago. Plenty of get up and go.

A while back I was walking to my moms car, a Corolla, in the community college I went to. There, I was this car pulling out. It has an amazing body kit on it and the aggressiveness of it took me away. I knew that was the car I wanted but didn't know what it was. I research and research until I saw another one, this time with the badges on it. It was a 2002 Mitsubishi Galant. So then, I looked all over the place and found a nice bodega beige 2000 Mitsubishi Galant in a repo center. I paid half and my dad paid the other half. Cost me around 6k but it was worth it! Milage was immaculate. Funny thing is I recently paid my pops 3k lol. So now it's really REALLY mines!

Proto
    the widebody/aggressive stance of a black 96 S.. RIP.

Experienced TGC Member o1naturalhigh's Avatar
    i went looking for a chevy "BLAZER"....

this caught my eye....so...

got it...

(12/25/04)im thinking about celica GTS,honda civic(2 door) or eclipse but the guy told me they don't have celica,eclipse and civic they only have 02 galant and 03 galant and i was so impressed the way it looks so the 02 (maroon)has 8000 miles on it and the 03 (bodega beige) has 4000 miles on it so i got the 03 (bodega beige) that has only 4000 miles and a nice deal whit them

TURBO= in the making.......

-love the look
    -for the price this offered the most compared to cars like the accord
    -not too common (GTZ)
    -had mitsu in the family before, it was indestructible

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast