The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: G - Spot's Mugen Lip Install (Black headlights added)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 55
    Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar

G - Spot's Mugen Lip Install (Black headlights added)

Well, Peter is sitting right next to me...here are the pics from his Mugen Lip install we did earlier today. I really like the way it came out.

Enjoy..
    Here are the tools used.

This is how we screwed it onto the center vent. We pre-driilled all the holes to prevent cracking.

To melt the area where the small vents are at, we used the wooden planks to press in toward the bumper as we heated the area evently. Try not to keep the gun in the same area because it will make the lip bubble up. After you heat while applying pressure, keep the pressure on the lip onto the bumper and pour the water on it to cool it fast. Don't let go, until the lip is cold and in the shape that you want it.

This is how we held it in place after molding it onto the bumper...

This is how it looked before cutting and melting the ends...

After cutting...

Before bending, we cut an triangle into the to of the lip to allow it to bend flushly. We also cut the horizontal lip under the lip to prenvent it from bulging up at the bottom.

How it needed to be bent...

How we bent it...

The finished product...

JUST ADDED, BLACK HEADLIGHTS BABY!!!!!!!

Last edited by Kalamidad; 06-20-2008 at 08:56 PM
    -Pedro

Damn, looking very, very tight!!! :thumbsup:

On a side note, how come all the damn sub-divisions in Texas look the same
    Mike

Looks real good, I think that one might have gone on better than mine :shock: Now all you have to do is watch out for the parking bumps!!

Lo§'s 99 GTZ

looks great this should be a sticky in the toutoral section...Since So many people ask how to to do this over n over agian...Just post what model the lip is from and tools...and were set
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

Looks good except for the "Powered by Mitsu" in the grill.
    Love,
    Matt

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    I think it needs to be colormatched...

And Ujash there is a tutorial, but they took it to the next level and its a much cleaner install

[size=18]<span style='color:red'>MODS, PLEASE MOVE THIS TO THE TUTORIAL FORUM AND MAKE A STICKY?</span>
    -Pedro

looks good nice work
    moving to the tutorial section
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

damm everyone one has these lipss now.. looks clean.. have broke 5 of those already

Quote Originally Posted by Serstylz2
    I think it needs to be colormatched...

And Ujash there is a tutorial, but they took it to the next level and its a much cleaner install
    just to give credit where credit is due. we did look at Arel's tutorial.
    -Pedro

Experienced TGC Member
    oh this is nice this gives me idea. i want to get one.

Virginia (If I showed you where I live, you would think I was hiding)
    i'm really felling the lip. and the best part about it is since we got nearly the same color car, i know exactly what it'll look like. i think i'm gonna go for it.

To Be Missed....... Otto Racing WAI, K&N Air Filter, Otto Racing Performance Muffler, Header, GReddy Voltage Stabilizer, Strut Bar, APC Aluminum Shifter, Painted Calipers, M3 Mirrors, Optix Headlight Strobes, Audiovox 7.5" DVD Player/Monitor, JVC SD11 Headunit, Pioneer Premier 6x9s, Pioneer Premier 6 1/2s, 12' Rockford Fosgate Punch HX, Lanzar 1200W Amp.

Experienced TGC Member
    Love how it looks. Very subtle (despite the diffrent colors).

is that a jdm or usdm lip?

To Be Missed....... Otto Racing WAI, K&N Air Filter, Otto Racing Performance Muffler, Header, GReddy Voltage Stabilizer, Strut Bar, APC Aluminum Shifter, Painted Calipers, M3 Mirrors, Optix Headlight Strobes, Audiovox 7.5" DVD Player/Monitor, JVC SD11 Headunit, Pioneer Premier 6x9s, Pioneer Premier 6 1/2s, 12' Rockford Fosgate Punch HX, Lanzar 1200W Amp.

so does this mean that any 98-01 integra lip will fit?

Censee
    i like the fact u didnt paint the entire corner black,, looks alot better when u leave some chrome on it like u did

Quote Originally Posted by mitsuree8thgen
    yeah, it seems that the mugen style looks closely resemble like the jdm vr-4 design so many had opt that lip. It would be nice to see a type-r or a ctr design on an 8g

Quote Originally Posted by G-spot
    yeah, it seems that the mugen style looks closely resemble like the jdm vr-4 design so many had opt that lip. It would be nice to see a type-r or a ctr design on an 8g
    i kinda like the type r. i might give it a try. then i'll get side skirts and a rear lip (all black), paint my spoiler black, paint my mirrors black, and tint my windows.....will the rear lip fit the same?

i kinda like the type r. i might give it a try. then i'll get side skirts and a rear lip (all black), paint my spoiler black, paint my mirrors black, and tint my windows.....will the rear lip fit the same?
    black lips = :thumbsup: with some black headlights.

Black mirrors and spoiler - :pukey:

We don't know about the rear lip. But my guess is not. I'd encourage you to be the first to try. An older maxima might work though.
    -Pedro

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast