The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: This sucks!

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

This sucks!

hi all,

I purchased some Tein S.Tech springs for my G about two months ago. When they arrived, I thought they looked a little too narrow. So, I called the place I got 'em from and asked if they were the correct ones for my car (2000 ES). I was told that they were, so I didn't bother checking the part number. Yet, something kept telling me to check but I never did.

Well, today I drove to Mineola NY to have a friend of mine help me put 'em on. We took off the stock parts and started putting together the KYB AGX's and springs. HUGE problem, the springs didn't fit right at all. My friend asked the obvious question, and I told him that I was told they were the correct springs. He took them to the local auto shop and the mechanic said they were the wrong springs. It turns out that they were for coilovers. DAMN!!

So, we put the KYB AGX's on with the stock springs and my 18's. I hate the HUGE gap!!! Now I'm on a search for the correct springs, but before I even do it, I'll need some assistance..... are these the correct ones??
    http://www.optionimports.com/teslospforga1.html

thanx in advance guys!! I'm just getting back to NJ and need some sleep. I'll check back in the morning.

it should fit...

<span style='color:red'>Be careful, there are supposed to be some counterfeit Tein Springs out there.</span>

http://www.tein.com/counterfeit/warning.html

Get it from Justin @ ImportCarPartsPlus. They are cheaper and he's a good vendor. just my .02

I bought mine here

Good price, free and fast shipping and they are not fake.

Sold
    New ride...
    2002 Lincoln LS V8

Experienced TGC Member n3oAcid24's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gtx
    Get it from Justin @ ImportCarPartsPlus. They are cheaper and he's a good vendor. just my .02
    i can vouch for Justin. i bought some KYB's from them last year... good clean buy.
    n3oAcid24 = 01' Galant I4

Yeah, I got my Tein SS-P Dampers from Justin for $1215 shipped. If you find a lower price somewhere else, he is pretty good at beating the price or atleast matching it like he did for me.

emmmmmmm tein dampers!! I want em.

Back in the Family!!

I've just purchased them from https://www.prostreetonline.com/buy/tein_st...gs/skr76-aub00/
    the price was $257.xx with 3 day UPS delivery. I hate UPS!!
    Anyone ever shop that site?

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    you got the rims on!! great. I'm sorry for not getting back to you with those measurements. I couldn't find them anywhere.

Too bad about your drop...so when are you putting them in? Given that they arrive? This weekend? PICS PLEASE!!!!!!
    -Pedro

what's up Pedro!!! how are you liking Texas?

don't worry about the hub centric ring thing. Once I found out how much trouble you'd have to go through in order to get the measurements without actually having the rims, I took one to a shop and had them measure it for me. I should have my new springs by Friday or Monday the latest. I will then run back to my friends house in LI to have them put on. The G looks sick with those rims!! I will also try to put on the Ractive mirrors at that time and maybe my kit that's been decorating the computer room for over two years!

Pics will come when I move to Ohio in two weeks. It's good hearing from you!

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shuura
    what's up Pedro!!! how are you liking Texas?

don't worry about the hub centric ring thing. Once I found out how much trouble you'd have to go through in order to get the measurements without actually having the rims, I took one to a shop and had them measure it for me. I should have my new springs by Friday or Monday the latest. I will then run back to my friends house in LI to have them put on. The G looks sick with those rims!! I will also try to put on the Ractive mirrors at that time and maybe my kit that's been decorating the computer room for over two years!

Pics will come when I move to Ohio in two weeks. It's good hearing from you!
    enjoy those rims man...You don't know how bad i wish i still had them...I'm driving around all kitted and no rims...haha

anyways, texas is treating me good man. I think i'll start working soon. You know i'll keep you guys updated. You do the same now.
    -Pedro