The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: -----Headlights are blinking?-----

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
    mges2000

-----Headlights are blinking?-----

Sup guys, i dont know this has ever happened to anyone but my headlights are blinking for no reason. I dont have an alarm so i dont know what else that is causing to blink. So all day today ive been driving with my lights blinking and its driving opposite drivers crazy. Can anyone help?

check the connetors??

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

i dunno bud if this will help but i m thinking its yr factory car alarm.... it mite have come pre installed or something... have u tried disconnecting the battery for 30 mins n trying to reconnect it? others mite provide with more insightful info... just my 2 cents
    <span style='font-size:22pt;line-height:100%'>Geaux Tigers!!!!!!</span>

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Do you hear a clicking as well? Factory car alarm will sound the horn and flash the headlights. If the alarm horn isnt hooked up it will just flash the lights. Shut both doors, and lock/unlock the door with the key and it will turn the alarm off.
    7g for life!

mges2000
    yeah i tried the d/c for 30 secs and it didnt work. I'm trying to avoid going to the dealership because i dont have that much money on me.

mges2000
    yeah that was exactly i heard..the clicking

Did you buy the car used? Could be an aftermarket alarm in there. The stock alarm doesn't flash the headlights as far as I remember. Look under the dsh if you see and wiring that doesn't look stock then it's probably an aftermarket alarm.
    MECP First Class Certi-fried installer.

For the right price, nothing is impossible.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    Ughh my 8G randomly alarms almost once a day now. Does the factory one have a sensor? It turns off when i put the key in.

In my viper alarm, it wont even turn off unless you have the remote.

Anyone know how to disable the factory alarm completely?

It's in a freekin driveway all the way back and never been touched by anyone.

I dont even drive it. lol

Maybe it's asking for attention but one thing i know is that my HIDs will die soon if this keeps on going.

push the red triangle in the middle of your dash.
    edit: somthing tells me he solved the problem already 9g..

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    He probably did but i have the same problem.

So what is really going on with this problem? My car has been doing the same thing lately. All I hear is a clicking sound like from a relay or something. Then I look inside the hood and I see that there is a connection hanging around randomly and a ground that isn't connected... Is that the alarm connections or what? I just bought this ride and I need this to stop...

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk