The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: keyless

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

keyless

this isn't a problem. I more or less wondering how or why this changed...I got the 8G manual on CD. Tells me everything from programming my keyless to taking the whole car apart. So anyways, I programmed my keyless a couple days ago to beep when I lock it. Before it just flashed the interior light. And I'm hard of hearing, so during the day, it kinda made it hard to hear it to make sure the car locked. So anyways, tonight, I'm at Wal-Mart, and I'm going in and instead of the horn beeping, the lights flash twice. I'm just wondering...did I do something to change this, or does this G of mine have a mind of it's own???

if you look in the manual, u can see how to change from just flashing, to horn to both and to none.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

I know, I have the manual for all that and more. The thing is I changed it already, and it changed itself...

Mine is setup to beep when I lock it, but if one of the doors isn't shut right then it wont beep. Was someone getting outta the back. No one ever closes my back doors hard enough the first time.

So maybe something just wasn't shut 100%. Is it beeping now?

no...the lights are still flashing...i had it set up to beep, but that only lasted a couple of days. Then just by itself, it started to flash the lights, no more horn. I dunno. Just thought it was weird...

Sounds like you diisengaged the horn. If i remember correctly, I believe you hold the lock button down for a few seconds to turn off the horn? Can anyone back me up?

Re: keyless

Quote Originally Posted by 00GalantMan
    this isn't a problem. I more or less wondering how or why this changed...I got the 8G manual on CD. Tells me everything from programming my keyless to taking the whole car apart. So anyways, I programmed my keyless a couple days ago to beep when I lock it. Before it just flashed the interior light. And I'm hard of hearing, so during the day, it kinda made it hard to hear it to make sure the car locked. So anyways, tonight, I'm at Wal-Mart, and I'm going in and instead of the horn beeping, the lights flash twice. I'm just wondering...did I do something to change this, or does this G of mine have a mind of it's own???
    where you get that manual? how big are the files because I would love to have a copy :?

Jasn1981

Re: keyless

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator
    Quote Originally Posted by 00GalantMan
    where you get that manual? how big are the files because I would love to have a copy :?

I second that!

yo, im assuming my battery died in my keyless, i replaced them but it still didnt work, Im assuming i have to progam it. Can anyone send me the CD via email, or send me the text on programing it... Thanks in advance

****SCRATCH THIS!!!! I JUST FOUND THE POST WITH THE INSTRUCTIONS YAY!

Just to add more fuel to the fire, recently something similar happen to my 8G. At first, when I go to open the door up with the keyless, the corner (parking) lights used to flash twice. Then all of a sudden the lights don't flash anymore when I open the doors. I was just wondering if this was related to battery issues. It's funny because when I lock my car, the corner lights flash twice every time. Thanks for your help citizens!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NelsonC)</div><div class='quotemain'>yo, im assuming my battery died in my keyless, i replaced them but it still didnt work, Im assuming i have to progam it. Can anyone send me the CD via email, or send me the text on programing it... Thanks in advance

****SCRATCH THIS!!!! I JUST FOUND THE POST WITH THE INSTRUCTIONS YAY!</div>

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewt...ghlight=keyless

Bump
    Has anyone figured out how to reenable the horn on lock?

Edit: nevermind I found it:
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishboy55 View Post
    To activate or deactivate (Rallifan ) the horn chirp, do the following with the key out of the ignition:

1) Press and hold the lock button on the remote for between 4 and ten seconds

2) While the lock button is pressed, press the unlock button

3) Release both buttons

Chip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk