The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How much longer should my stock shocks last?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 27 of 27
    yeah, as others said, i think it'll be best to just replace both at the same time. cost-wise anyways. efficiency is key

I apologize you guys, yeah it's a good 300.00 dollars for the whole set. It's just when I went to check it out last week they had the front and back, but not the left and the right, so I thought it was a set of two for the front, and two for the back. My bad citizens!

Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    Well my Eibachs are cut so I have about a 2" drop
    my factory shocks lasted less than a month on cut eibachs lol

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Im sure his are probably leaking at this point. :? My Gr2's barely heald up to the intrax I had on my 323, but thats a different story. 8)

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Idk I have AGX up front now but still riding the stock in the rear lol. No leaking from my knowledge. The 7g weighs less then the 8g and I dont have a system at all either.
    7g for life!

Monroe recommends replacement every 50k regardless of application. Every vehicle should have its struts/shocks replaced regularly for improved steering, stopping, and stability.

At 20,000 miles the stock struts should be good enough to use with dropped coil springs. Though it is a great opportunity to get performance struts like the KYB AGXs.

For general information a performance strut (like the AGX) is designed with lowered ride height in mind, stock struts aren't. When lowered you reduce (or even eliminate) the usefulness of the stock strut. Basically their is a useable range of travel that a strut needs to stay within.

Just changed the shocks on my 2000 ES.

90100 miles.

changed the shocks and shock mounts all at once. Much more stable at higher speeds now. ... now i need to change the sway bar end links.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12