The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: SPONSER A 9G GALANT DYNO PULL!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 53
    Quote Originally Posted by quicksilver22
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech_Greek
    In North, LA - everything else is a 5-6 hour drive...
    there's a Dyno in Gulfport, MS (atleat there was before Katrina), i'll have to call my friend tomorrow and ask,
    lol, I live in the Northwest Louisiana, Mississippi is too far, there's no dyno within three hours of here except this one.
    2004 Mitsubishi Galant LS - 3.8L V6 - "The G" - 14.62 @ 95.52

”Sticks impress high-school kids, autos win races” – Unknown

Well crap, it rained last night so apparently they decided NOT to dyno due to the fact it was wet, and DARK clouds out... :'(

Refund sent...

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    Ah that sucks. Just pimp yourself out for a night, your girlfriend will understand.
    He sent the $20, I guess I'll pony up the other $30...seems like I'm going to be doing a LOT of custom work to this car as everyone else is taking too long...Twin Turbo/Turbo might be in the works soon...its not like engine bay is a issue
    Single turbo > Twin turbo. More cost efficient, easier to setup. Only way a twin turbo setup would be better is if it is sequential, which takes a rocket scientist to setup and install.
    7g for life!

Experienced TGC Member
    oh ya, didn't see that it said SHREVEPORT, lol
    -Chris

Rising_Suns
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>Single turbo > Twin turbo. *More cost efficient, easier to setup. *Only way a twin turbo setup would be better is if it is sequential, which takes a rocket scientist to setup and install.</div>

I agree that a single turbo is the way to go. It's not going to take much to get big numbers in this car anyway. A small/medium sized turbo like a 14b/16G on a moddest boost (I would think about 6~10psi, depending on knock count) should put him over the 300HP mark with no problem, assuming all his supporting mods are done properly.

Yeah, I probbaly will end up doing a single, the twin turbo would have been sequ...but would have needed a stand alone ECU and that I don't want in this car...too much work.

I'm buying a wide band in the next week or two, then fuel pump, AFPR, etc...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rising_Suns)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>Single turbo > Twin turbo. *More cost efficient, easier to setup. *Only way a twin turbo setup would be better is if it is sequential, which takes a rocket scientist to setup and install.</div>

I agree that a single turbo is the way to go. It's not going to take much to get big numbers in this car anyway. A small/medium sized turbo like a 14b/16G on a moddest boost (I would think about 6~10psi, depending on knock count) should put him over the 300HP mark with no problem, assuming all his supporting mods are done properly.</div>
    With a v6 those turbos wouldnt be as efficient as a larger turbo. A 14b or 16g would be a good turbo for a 4cylinder, but for a v6 something more along the lines of an 18g or 20g would be better suited.

Running the same boost levels 8-10psi on a stock 4cyl vs v6, v6 will always put out more air.
    7g for life!

Rising_Suns
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>With a v6 those turbos wouldnt be as efficient as a larger turbo. *A 14b or 16g would be a good turbo for a 4cylinder, but for a v6 something more along the lines of an 18g or 20g would be better suited.

Running the same boost levels 8-10psi on a stock 4cyl vs v6, v6 will always put out more air.</div>

My concern is about the 10:1 compression ratio (or, using a medium turbo at near max effeciency rather than lagging and boost creeping on a large one), but you do make a valid point about matching the turbo to the displacement. And, I suppose the potential BC would be handled through an external wastegate.....I've never turbo'd a V6 before, so I'm probably not the best source of info on a V6 job.

-Davide

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rising_Suns)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>With a v6 those turbos wouldnt be as efficient as a larger turbo. *A 14b or 16g would be a good turbo for a 4cylinder, but for a v6 something more along the lines of an 18g or 20g would be better suited.

Running the same boost levels 8-10psi on a stock 4cyl vs v6, v6 will always put out more air.</div>

My concern is about the 10:1 compression ratio (or, using a small/medium turbo at near max effeciency rather than lagging and boost creeping on a large one), but you do make a valid point about matching the turbo to the displacement. I've never turbo'd a V6 before, so I'm probably not the best source of info on a V6 job.

-Davide</div>

If you can turbo a Rotary with 9:1 / 10:1 ratio with insane amounts of boost on a piston motor it should be fine.

Yes, this will be my first V6 turbo project as well...I need to find someone to make the exhaust/turbo manifolds for the motor - if I can get that done first and just make an adaptor to run the downpipe until I get the rest finished that would accomplish a LOT!

Well yah the best way to select the best turbo for your setup is to start doing some math and looking at some compressor maps. I did a lot of calculations in a thread in the turbo forum for 8-10psi on a 4clyinder and a 14b or any 16g is a good match. Anything smaller and the motor is going to be too much for it.

I havent done any calculations on a v6 so an evo3 16g may be a good match for low boost so Im not too sure.
    7g for life!

Rising_Suns
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tech_Greek)</div><div class='quotemain'>If you can turbo a Rotary with 9:1 / 10:1 ratio with insane amounts of boost on a piston motor it should be fine.

Yes, this will be my first V6 turbo project as well...I need to find someone to make the exhaust/turbo manifolds for the motor - if I can get that done first and just make an adaptor to run the downpipe until I get the rest finished that would accomplish a LOT!</div>

I would be very catious though about making the leap from rotary to linear compression piston. As I understand the mechanics of rotary's from my old college IC Engine class, the consequence and potential of premature combustion is much greater in the latter than the former.

Exactly, I'm MUCH more cautious on any engine now after loosing compression on the rear rotor when my fuel pump went DEAD at 8 psi of supercharger boost...goes to show you I will NOT be buying used in the departments that count - so much money is going to go into this it's just stupid.

Rotary Engines and Piston Engines compression wise are not much different, except for the fact Boosted Rotarys last less longer.

And it's not like I've been on rotary motors all my life, I've done a few piston projects...

Running boost on a higher compression motor isnt impossible at all. Just the higher you set the boost, the more you want to make sure your tune is dead on as if you have detonation from running too lean it can be all over. But even if you get a immaculate tune across the RPM band, things are going to break eventually when running on stock internals.
    7g for life!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>Running boost on a higher compression motor isnt impossible at all. *Just the higher you set the boost, the more you want to make sure your tune is dead on as if you have detonation from running too lean it can be all over. *But even if you get a immaculate tune across the RPM band, things are going to break eventually when running on stock internals.</div>

Yeah, I'm not planning on running high boost, low boost for now until I save up enough for a full out forged bottom end...does anyone even make any forged pistons/rods for our cars?

Quick Question:

Will the Evo8 turbo work on our motor's efficiency wise?

http://www.kutsujuracing.com/forum/showthr...ead.php?t=45309

"16G Flange - 20G Upgraded Internals"

- $400 barely used

I wonder if some of this would help with some extra hp?

Could our ECU's 'learn' to use this gas or is it too high of an octane to be used effectively?

http://www.torco.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=163

'04 Galant GTS - 6000k HIDs (low beam), hyperwhite lights all around, tints, Kenwood amp and 12" PG Xmax. Engine: Stock for now.

oh boy...what a mistake.....about a yr or so ago, i had a post like this as a joke to make fun of another newb who asked for a sponsor or donations....big mistake even as a joke....save the loot...cause you are wasting your time here and are gonna recieve more criticism than help.......lmao
    I dont need to post my mods, i know i got the hottest galant in tally, and thats all that matters to me! http://photos.yahoo.com/fsubk

So did you ever get the dyno done??...
    "Oh Lord...why do u mock me so?" - Homer

Quote Originally Posted by SilverDragonGTZ
    so you think if your 9g puts down say 181hp at the wheels, than every 9g on the board is gonna have the exact same hp at the wheels... :?:

man, just pony up and pay the cash
    No it'll be DAMN CLOSE though, I've been doing this for a long time I know how it works thank you very much - you know, only Supercharging cars, etc...I'm dumb I didn't realize every motor will be different.

And as for the cash, if you would read, I'm in the middle of my gf's prom and a job switch, ie I barely have any money atm...
    Wasn't it you that was gonna add a nitrous fogger direct port injection system about a year agao? And wasn't it you that posted all those videos about your street races on the BestBuy parking lot? And didnt you go to the track and pull a 15? And after all of the stuff you were gonna do to your car in post after post you're still stock? And now you're begging for money so you can get a baseline?? WTF What happened to all your mods
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Wasn't it you that was gonna add a nitrous fogger direct port injection system about a year agao? And wasn't it you that posted all those videos about your street races on the BestBuy parking lot?
    No, I never street raced in my Galant in the Best Buy Parking Lot...lots of other places, which I've all won, which are all on video.

I was planning on a direct port, but decided against it as the shot would be too big and I'm not sure about the pistons handling it [according to RPW, the pistons are weak like the 6G72 Series]

And didnt you go to the track and pull a 15?
    No, I ran a 14.6, stock

And after all of the stuff you were gonna do to your car in post after post you're still stock? And now you're begging for money so you can get a baseline?? WTF What happened to all your mods
    No, I'm not even close to stock anymore, I've got the money for a dyno, at the time I just bought the car and put down a huge down payment for it and figured with the chance locally other people would care.

And this thread is OLLLLLLLLLLLLLDDDDD...nice searching

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast