The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: SPONSER A 9G GALANT DYNO PULL!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 41 to 53 of 53
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech_Greek
    And didnt you go to the track and pull a 15?
    No, I ran a 14.6, stock
    Sorry to say man, but removing the mufflers and adding a CAI makes your car NOT stock... :D

Granted it's not heavily modded or anything, and according to your old post you didn't have the CAI at the time, just a drop-in K&N, but still that means you're "stock" 9G was still slighty modded...

Depending on the how restrictive the muffler is I'd say you probably had about 12-20 hp over what it was stock.

Sorry, but it just bugs me how you always claim "I ran 14.6 in my 9G STOCK", and yet it wasn't truely stock.
    "Oh Lord...why do u mock me so?" - Homer

Muffler and K&N werent in at the time of 14.6

I did a (I've made multiple 14.6 passes) 14.6, with the stock air filter and Muffler on as well, it doesnt make a difference...the tires are my limit at the moment...my mph goes up but my 60 foot goes up as well.
    2004 Mitsubishi Galant LS - 3.8L V6 - "The G" - 14.62 @ 95.52

”Sticks impress high-school kids, autos win races” – Unknown

Muffler and K&N werent in at the time of 14.6

I did a (I've made multiple 14.6 passes) 14.6, with the stock air filter and Muffler on as well, it doesnt make a difference...the tires are my limit at the moment...my mph goes up but my 60 foot goes up as well.
    Oh really?...well I guess I can't read right then :? Because there's 1 thread here where you say that "stock" you ran 14.9....
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewtopic.php?t=53266

and then there's a thread on GF where you said:

Only modifications were K&N Box Filter, and I took off my muffler (sending it off to have one made off of it).

So...I win!
    Oh, and the thread topic is "New Best: 14.7@93 MPH"
    http://www.galantforums.com/modules....asc&highlight=

Sorry, not trying to hate on you, you've ran good times, but there's no need to mis-represent yourself, and try to make it look like you can run your car sooo good that mods do nothing

yea i rememeber you running low 15... but on the bottom of the slip their was a section at sea level and it said 14.9... soo it makes sense i guess... and these were stock numbers from a previous post on tgc. i dont doubt you, im pretty sure the g can pull 14.7 with a intake and no muff @ sea level that is...
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

Indeed, we're a little bit above sea level, but no where near where most people are alt wise which does help in n/a applications some [but not as much as you might think, higher alt is better for boost]

As far as the rest goes, I've run my car time after time, my car went from running 15.3's from another guy driving it for me, to me hoping in the next time and barely pulling off a 14.9 before I left, then I ran my 14.7, then my 14.6's the first time around stock, then I took the muffler off at the track and the filter, and ran a 14.6 the same day.

I put my Fujita CAI and went back and ran a 14.9, my TCL light is on and off randomly which leads me to believe the CAI is causing problems with performance [which I wouldn't doubt at this point] thus the reason for the BRAT box...

We'll see if it makes a difference or not soon...

https://thegalantcenter.net/forum/ga...em&image_id=85

I put my Fujita CAI and went back and ran a 14.9, my TCL light is on and off randomly which leads me to believe the CAI is causing problems with performance [which I wouldn't doubt at this point] thus the reason for the BRAT box...
    CAI....Causing problems with TCL........ :shock: Maybe the additional airflow is causing one wheel to turn faster than the other... Must be the intake causing it....couldn't possibly be the burnouts and full stalls you're alledgedly doing at the track. :D
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Or it could be that the TCL light coupled with the Service Engine Light are coupled with the computer throwing codes in the 9g smart ass...whoops, guess you shouldn't talk about what you don't know?

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/5...320151b3b3.htm

You can see it stalling out...I don't burn out, I spin the tires for a brief second

You can also see at about 54 seconds when I stall it out, my girlfriend hits the seat because I launched it...

And the first launch I did in that video, check out my dash, do you see it go from Neutral to D, no it stays in Drive...

BUT HEY, what do I know? I've only been doing this 10 years...

Or it could be that the TCL light coupled with the Service Engine Light are coupled with the computer throwing codes in the 9g smart ass...whoops, guess you shouldn't talk about what you don't know?
    You never said anything about the service engine light flicking on and off, just the TCL light, which shouldn't be affected by an engine mod, unless you're constantly spinning the tires causing it to go on.

So since putting you're BRAT are you still getting the flickering TCL light?

interesting yea did the brat stop the light??? nice vid tech

Well, the way the newer mitsu's work (which is kind of weird imho) is the TCL light and SES light can mean different things.

I.E. - When I'm at the drag strip, and I lift the ebrake to get some traction over the rear while I spin the tires for my brief second, the TCL light will illuminate, ABS, SRS, and they wont go off until I turn the car off for a moment then restart it (and by the way TC is OFF when it does this).

When my TCL came on it was on very briefly [and I was sitting in my driveway], as soon as I made it out the neighborhood it stopped right before I even got to AutoZone and it pulled an intake related code, I dont have it in front of my anymore, it had to due with bank too rich I believe].

When my TCL, SES came on AGAIN wayyy later on after the BRAT it happened due to the misfire that the knock sensor THOUGHT was a misfire and pulled timing, in reality it was the motor touching the mount and chasis, knock sensor picked it up, cleared out and it hasnt come back.

NO SES, nor TCL lights in the past month, the BRAT defintley worked, and you can DEFINTLEY feel the power, friends that I've raced before it, I barely won, now I murder them on top end (where as before, it kind of fell on it's face pre-brat).

If anyone wants the Galant connector diagram, let me know...

Thanks Kraz...

is the diagram the one u posted on 4g?? i saved that one... unless its different..? im still waiting on it for at least a couple more reviews... ur like the first one even before most of the 4g's...

Just make sure and follow pin numbers on the diagram that I'm going to post later tonight/tomorrow as the connector pins from the eclipses are different (backwards to be exact).

Other than that, yes I was...there's those who pave the way, and those who follow ;)

Quote Originally Posted by krazienluv10
    is the diagram the one u posted on 4g?? i saved that one... unless its different..? im still waiting on it for at least a couple more reviews... ur like the first one even before most of the 4g's...
    http://www.club9g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3

I just made a how-to...however there's no pictures up besides the wiring diagram.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123